|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy Elizabeth take the family when they leave Morrisonville?
(a) Jersey City.
2. What must Russell sometimes walk past in the downstairs parlor?
(a) The basement door.
(b) The library.
(c) The landlord's dog.
(d) Dead bodies.
3. What show business job did Mimi try for one night?
(a) She tapped-danced in the subway in New York.
(b) She sang backup for a Rat Pack performance.
(c) She danced in the chorus at the Gayety Theatre.
(d) She performed on Broadway in To Kill a Mockingbird.
4. What happens to Benjamin after he has been drinking?
(a) He loses his short term memory.
(b) He always gets lost.
(c) He sleeps for days.
(d) He becomes violently ill.
5. How long have Mimi and Russell been dating before they break it off?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Russell about working in the grocery or on the railroad?
2. At what time of year were the orphanages shuttled from party to party, expected to be grateful?
3. Why has Uncle Charlie returned to Belleville?
4. What promotion at the newspaper begins to pay Russell $70 a week?
5. What superstitions does Ida Rebecca believe, but Lucy Elizabeth does not?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)