|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first physical, the doctor suggests that Russell come back in three days and stop eating what?
(a) Green Beans.
(b) Snap peas.
2. Why were Lucy and Benjamin in a hurry to get married?
(a) They had to do it secretly.
(b) Lucy had become pregnant.
(c) Benjamin was about to be deported.
(d) They could not wait to live together.
3. What superstitions does Ida Rebecca believe, but Lucy Elizabeth does not?
(a) She believes in ghosts and omens.
(b) She believes in throwing salt over one shoulder.
(c) She believes in fairies and magic.
(d) She believes in vampires and garlic.
4. What two types of people does Russell feel are forever disconnected?
(a) Sisters and brothers.
(b) Parents and children.
(c) Cousins and second cousins.
(d) First wives and second wives.
5. What ancient medicine did the people of Morristown believe in?
(a) The sweat.
(b) Blood letting.
(d) Broths made from bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Germany invade Poland in World War II?
2. After Newark, where does the family move?
3. What hobby does Aunt Pat introduce to Russell?
4. What does Mr. Simmons do from the hole in the cellar ceiling?
5. Which long-lost uncle begins to send Lucy Elizabeth support money?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)