|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to legend, willed the family their fortune?
(a) Ida Rebecca.
(b) A Bishop from London.
(c) Queen Anne herself.
(d) President Lincoln.
2. Whom does Lucy begin to date in 1939?
(b) Mr. Simmons.
(c) Herb Orrison.
(d) Benjamin Baker.
3. What did Cousin Edwin do for a living?
(a) He was an extra for film sets.
(b) He was the foreman in a gun factory.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was the managing editor of the New York Times.
4. For what endeavor does Hal attempt to get financial support from Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) His law practice.
(b) His lumber company.
(c) His laundry scheme.
(d) His medical license.
5. How longs does Lucy Elizabeth intend to live with Uncle Allen?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few years.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Lucy Elizabeth surprise Russell with just before leaving for Baltimore?
2. What must Russell sometimes walk past in the downstairs parlor?
3. When Uncle Hal arrives, what does he have in tow?
4. What skill does Russell envy in Frankie?
5. What does Uncle Harold purchase for Doris after the meeting?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)