|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what endeavor does Hal attempt to get financial support from Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) His medical license.
(b) His law practice.
(c) His lumber company.
(d) His laundry scheme.
2. Why did Lucy Elizabeth feel jealous of Aunt Goldie?
(a) Aunt Goldie was the most beautiful woman in five counties.
(b) Lucy Elizabeth was in love with Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Goldie had an indoor bathroom.
(d) Aunt Goldie convinced Uncle Tom to stop drinking.
3. Why was Russell enrolled in a gymnastics program?
(a) It was thought it would help his circulation.
(b) He had dreams of being in the Olympics.
(c) It was an attempt to correct his posture.
(d) He was not nearly flexible enough for his age.
4. What is Russell's earliest memory?
(a) A cow poking its head into his crib.
(b) His mother rocking him to sleep.
(c) The yellow house across from his grandmother's house.
(d) Eleven's bulging biceps.
5. When does Russell's mother decide he should be a writer?
(a) When he was sixteen and writing for a paper.
(b) When he was five years old and loved to read.
(c) Shortly after his birth.
(d) After an A paper he wrote in the seventh grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ida Rebecca have?
2. What killed Benjamin at the young age of thirty-three?
3. While his bully was Irish, Russell's friends were ______.
4. What skill does Lucy Elizabeth surprise Russell with just before leaving for Baltimore?
5. The streetwise girl lured Russell into her basement with promises of what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)