|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Aunt Pat introduce to Russell?
(a) Playing tennis.
(b) Painting greeting cards.
(c) Reading newspapers.
(d) Playing stickball.
2. Where did Russell and his family live in 1932?
(a) Baltimore, Maryland.
(b) Morrisonville, New Jersey.
(c) Belleville, New Jersey.
(d) New York City, New York.
3. What specter does Ida Rebecca see in her doorway one night?
4. What superstitions does Ida Rebecca believe, but Lucy Elizabeth does not?
(a) She believes in vampires and garlic.
(b) She believes in ghosts and omens.
(c) She believes in throwing salt over one shoulder.
(d) She believes in fairies and magic.
5. What does Lucy do with the present?
(a) She throws it in the garbage.
(b) She throws it out the back door.
(c) She helps Doris set it up.
(d) She forces Benjamin to take it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy do after the death of Papa to make ends meet?
2. Who lives in Baltimore that Lucy Elizabeth is excited to be near?
3. What is Russell's job with this company?
4. What skill does Russell envy in Frankie?
5. What happens to Benjamin after he has been drinking?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)