|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As part of Morrisonville's ritual for death, what do the women do at Russell's house?
(a) They clean it from top to bottom.
(b) They rearrange all the furniture.
(c) They take inventory of everything the family owns.
(d) They whitewash the outside.
2. Which long-lost uncle begins to send Lucy Elizabeth support money?
(a) Uncle Bob in Freeport.
(b) Uncle Sam in Washington.
(c) Uncle Edgar in Indianapolis.
(d) Uncle Willie in San Francisco.
3. What ancient medicine did the people of Morristown believe in?
(a) Blood letting.
(b) Broths made from bark.
(c) The sweat.
4. How longs does Lucy Elizabeth intend to live with Uncle Allen?
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few years.
5. What does Lucy do with the present?
(a) She forces Benjamin to take it back.
(b) She throws it out the back door.
(c) She throws it in the garbage.
(d) She helps Doris set it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
2. Who was the person with whom Lucy Elizabeth corresponded in Newark?
3. In the shock following his father's death, what does Russell confess he became?
4. What tipped Lucy Elizabeth's decision to leave Audrey?
5. Where does Lucy Elizabeth take the family when they leave Morrisonville?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)