|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was buried in the expensive glass coffin?
(a) Sam Reever.
(b) Uncle Irvey.
(c) Lucy Elizabeth.
(d) Ida Rebecca.
2. To what brotherhood did Grandfather George belong?
(a) The Order of Red Men.
(b) The Brotherhood of the Sparrow.
(c) The Freemasons.
(d) The Society of Blue Men.
3. Despite the medicine, what ailment do Russell and Doris contract?
(a) Whooping cough.
4. In his first job, for what company does Russell work?
(a) The Rockefeller Foundation.
(b) The Neiman Marcus Group.
(c) The Billings Paper Company.
(d) The Curtis Publishing Company.
5. Where are Russell and his family going for their first family trip?
(a) Newark, to visit Uncle Etch.
(b) Morrisonville, to visit Ida Rebecca.
(c) Taylorstown, to visit Uncle Miller.
(d) Hoboken, to visit Aunt Sally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Russell's mother at the age of eighty?
2. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
3. Who offers Lucy Elizabeth a home until she can get back on her feet?
4. The streetwise girl lured Russell into her basement with promises of what?
5. In the shock following his father's death, what does Russell confess he became?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)