|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Russell's job with this company?
(a) He is an office assistant.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a paperboy.
(d) He is a correspondent.
2. How and when did Papa die?
(a) He died in 1929 after the stock market crash at the age of 65.
(b) He died in 1918 of the flu at the age of 54.
(c) He died in 1910 in a carriage accident at the age of 47.
(d) He died in 1917 of a heart attack at the age of 53.
3. How much younger than Russell is Doris?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
4. What small present has Benjamin bought for Doris?
(a) A small mirror.
(b) A tiny set of dishes.
(c) A miniature doll.
(d) A book.
5. What tipped Lucy Elizabeth's decision to leave Audrey?
(a) Goldie says Benjamin wanted them to take care of Audrey.
(b) Uncle Tom pleads with her for hours.
(c) Ida Rebecca threatens her with legal action.
(d) Goldie gives her twenty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Lucy and Benjamin in a hurry to get married?
2. What two women in Russell's early life were involved in a hateful feud?
3. What business did Uncle Etch run?
4. From what ailment does Russell's father suffer?
5. According to everyone in town, where was Annie Grigsby born?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)