|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient medicine did the people of Morristown believe in?
(a) Broths made from bark.
(b) The sweat.
(c) Blood letting.
2. What is Russell's job with this company?
(a) He is a paperboy.
(b) He is a correspondent.
(c) He is an office assistant.
(d) He is a spy.
3. Why did Lucy Elizabeth feel jealous of Aunt Goldie?
(a) Aunt Goldie had an indoor bathroom.
(b) Lucy Elizabeth was in love with Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Goldie was the most beautiful woman in five counties.
(d) Aunt Goldie convinced Uncle Tom to stop drinking.
4. How does Lucy meet Benjamin, Russell's father?
(a) They meet at a church social.
(b) His son is one of Lucy's students.
(c) His Model-T breaks down in front of the schoolhouse.
(d) Lucy's Papa introduces them.
5. What business did Uncle Etch run?
(a) He ran an ice cream shop.
(b) He ran a funeral parlor.
(c) He ran a bootleg operation.
(d) He ran a convenience store.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her tenure at Arlington School in Loundoun County, what illegal operation is nearby?
2. Why were Lucy and Benjamin in a hurry to get married?
3. In the shock following his father's death, what does Russell confess he became?
4. What did Russell's mother insist he would do?
5. What is Russell's mother's nickname for him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)