|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much younger than Russell is Doris?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
2. During a high school debate in 1913, what does Lucy argue in favor of?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Women's suffrage.
3. Why were Lucy and Benjamin in a hurry to get married?
(a) Lucy had become pregnant.
(b) They had to do it secretly.
(c) They could not wait to live together.
(d) Benjamin was about to be deported.
4. What does Lucy do with the present?
(a) She throws it in the garbage.
(b) She throws it out the back door.
(c) She helps Doris set it up.
(d) She forces Benjamin to take it back.
5. What small present has Benjamin bought for Doris?
(a) A tiny set of dishes.
(b) A miniature doll.
(c) A small mirror.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Russell was a young boy, what famous President's time could many of the old men remember (from first-hand accounts)?
2. What happens to Russell's mother at the age of eighty?
3. From what ailment does Russell's father suffer?
4. Where did Russell and his family live in 1932?
5. According to Uncle Irvey, "A man works from sun to sun, but woman's work is ____?" (p. 55)
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)