|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Russell's mother's nickname for him?
2. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
(a) Hopeless senility, or hardening of the arteries.
(b) Cancer of the lungs and blood.
3. When Russell was a young boy, what famous President's time could many of the old men remember (from first-hand accounts)?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
4. What happens to Benjamin after he has been drinking?
(a) He sleeps for days.
(b) He loses his short term memory.
(c) He always gets lost.
(d) He becomes violently ill.
5. Why were Lucy and Benjamin in a hurry to get married?
(a) They had to do it secretly.
(b) Lucy had become pregnant.
(c) Benjamin was about to be deported.
(d) They could not wait to live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her tenure at Arlington School in Loundoun County, what illegal operation is nearby?
2. How and when did Papa die?
3. What is Russell's first Christmas gift?
4. Where did Russell and his family live in 1932?
5. How many children did Ida Rebecca have?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)