|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two types of people does Russell feel are forever disconnected?
(a) First wives and second wives.
(b) Parents and children.
(c) Sisters and brothers.
(d) Cousins and second cousins.
2. Who takes Russell to see Benjamin when his body is brought home?
(a) Ida Rebecca.
(b) Annie Grigsby.
(c) Uncle Irvey.
(d) Lucy Elizabeth.
3. What superstitions does Ida Rebecca believe, but Lucy Elizabeth does not?
(a) She believes in vampires and garlic.
(b) She believes in throwing salt over one shoulder.
(c) She believes in fairies and magic.
(d) She believes in ghosts and omens.
4. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
(c) Hopeless senility, or hardening of the arteries.
(d) Cancer of the lungs and blood.
5. Despite the medicine, what ailment do Russell and Doris contract?
(b) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ancient medicine did the people of Morristown believe in?
2. What does Lucy do after the death of Papa to make ends meet?
3. Who was buried in the expensive glass coffin?
4. Why was Russell enrolled in a gymnastics program?
5. What medicine does Aunt Pat insist on giving to Russell and Doris?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)