|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lucy Elizabeth feel jealous of Aunt Goldie?
(a) Lucy Elizabeth was in love with Uncle Tom.
(b) Aunt Goldie convinced Uncle Tom to stop drinking.
(c) Aunt Goldie had an indoor bathroom.
(d) Aunt Goldie was the most beautiful woman in five counties.
2. What attack shocks Russell in 1941?
(a) Germany's invasion of Poland.
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima.
(c) The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
(d) The bombing of Nagasaki.
3. What hero of Russell's does Harold dislike?
(b) Moe Simon.
(c) Dick Tracy.
(d) Uncle Charlie.
4. What is the community's problem with Joe Louis, the heavyweight champion?
(a) He is a German.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He is a black man.
(d) He is a criminal.
5. What does Uncle Harold purchase for Doris after the meeting?
(a) He buys her a robe.
(b) He buys her a candy.
(c) He buys her some shoes.
(d) He buys her a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Russell to sell his extra papers with the invasion headline?
2. What vices does Aunt Sister have?
3. What tipped Lucy Elizabeth's decision to leave Audrey?
4. As part of Morrisonville's ritual for death, what do the women do at Russell's house?
5. Who offers Lucy Elizabeth a home until she can get back on her feet?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)