Chapters 1 and 2
1. What happens to Russell's mother at the age of eighty?
(a) She gets her thirtieth grandchild.
(b) She has her last bad fall.
(c) She becomes a millionaire.
(d) She moves from New Jersey to California.
2. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
(a) Cancer of the lungs and blood.
(d) Hopeless senility, or hardening of the arteries.
3. What two types of people does Russell feel are forever disconnected?
(a) Cousins and second cousins.
(b) Parents and children.
(c) First wives and second wives.
(d) Sisters and brothers.
4. What did Russell's mother insist he would do?
(a) Marry an heiress.
(b) Make something of himself.
(c) Live in New York City.
(d) Get a job as a salesman.
5. What does Russell's mother think is a major character flaw of his?
(a) He cannot read or write.
(b) He does not easily make friends.
(c) He has no gumption.
(d) He has too much curiosity.
6. How much younger than Russell is Doris?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eighteen months.
This section contains 4,686 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)