|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc do the first time he visited the McDonald brothers?
2. What percent of Kroc's share of gross sales did the McDonald brothers receive?
3. What did the McDonald brothers have an architect working on?
4. When the McDonald brothers explained their operation, what impressed Kroc?
5. In high school, Ray worked at:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kroc propose to the McDonald brothers?
2. Why problems did Kroc encounter in Florida?
3. Why did Kroc return to Chicago from New York?
4. What were some of the important decisions that Kroc made the first year?
5. Who was Harry Sonnenburn and why did he contact Ray Kroc?
6. What is Kroc's theory of fighting the competition?
7. What is one of Kroc's basic beliefs, given on the first page of the book?
8. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
9. What contract clause caused problems for Kroc?
10. What were Kroc's impressions of the restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Kroc make his visions for McDonald's into reality? He remained active with the corporation after Fred Turner became president. What were his principal functions? How did he contribute to McDonald's growth?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ray Kroc want to buy out the McDonald brothers? What problem did the original contract still pose to the company? What were the advantages of the buyout?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean to say that the McDonald brothers pioneered the fast food restaurant business? In what way did they do this? What are the characteristics of the fast food business?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)