|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the McDonald brothers pioneer the fast-food business?
2. The original McDonald brothers restaurant was located in:
3. Kroc and his staff decided that the best growth path was to:
4. What was not a part of the original McDonald's menu?
5. In high school, Ray worked at:
Short Essay Questions
1. In spite of the growth of the company, it was cash strapped and had problems borrowing money. How did they solve this problem?
2. How did Kroc learn about the McDonald brother's restaurant?
3. What problems did McDonald's face as a result of the actions of Clem Bohr?
4. What is Kroc's theory of fighting the competition?
5. What was the first business Kroc owned?
6. What is one of Kroc's basic beliefs, given on the first page of the book?
7. How did the growth of McDonald's benefit the company's suppliers?
8. What did Kroc propose to the McDonald brothers?
9. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
10. How did drive-in restaurants come into being?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean to say that the McDonald brothers pioneered the fast food restaurant business? In what way did they do this? What are the characteristics of the fast food business?
Essay Topic 2
Kroc's business ideas gave many people the chance to have good lives. Some even became millionaires. What, according to Kroc, is the most important factor in being successful at McDonald's? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ray Kroc want to buy out the McDonald brothers? What problem did the original contract still pose to the company? What were the advantages of the buyout?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)