|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Kroc use to describe Ethel's reaction to his new venture?
2. The original McDonald brothers restaurant was located in:
3. Dick Boylan and Bob Ryan secured jobs with McDonalds because of their:
4. When did the Des Plaines McDonald's open?
5. What did the McDonald brothers have an architect working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a phrenologist?
2. What were Kroc's impressions of the restaurant?
3. How did Kroc learn about the McDonald brother's restaurant?
4. What was the first business Kroc owned?
5. What problems did McDonald's face as a result of the actions of Clem Bohr?
6. Why didn't Kroc have a lawyer represent him in his original negotiations with the McDonald brothers?
7. Why problems did Kroc encounter in Florida?
8. Where was Kroc's first McDonald's franchise?
9. How did Kroc come to sell Multimixers?
10. What did Kroc propose to the McDonald brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the McDonald's franchising process? What are the benefits of having a McDonald's franchise over opening your own restaurant? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Kroc comments that he views McDonald's changing in response to social and economic changes in society. What does he mean by this? Use examples of such changes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ray Kroc want to buy out the McDonald brothers? What problem did the original contract still pose to the company? What were the advantages of the buyout?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)