|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ray pattern himself after at the age of seventeen?
2. What was Kroc responsible for having introduced at Price Castle?
3. What was the purpose of the Franchise Realty Corporation?
4. What percent of gross sales did Kroc receive from the franchises?
5. Kroc's original contact with the McDonald brothers provided that each franchise unit:
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did the McDonald brothers pioneer the fast food business?
2. How did Kroc learn about the McDonald brother's restaurant?
3. What decision did Kroc and his staff make regarding restaurant development?
4. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
5. What contract clause caused problems for Kroc?
6. Where was Ray Kroc's background?
7. What problems did McDonald's face as a result of the actions of Clem Bohr?
8. How did Kroc keep his salary from being cut during the Depression?
9. What two things did Kroc enjoy as he was growing up?
10. In spite of the growth of the company, it was cash strapped and had problems borrowing money. How did they solve this problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kroc's business ideas gave many people the chance to have good lives. Some even became millionaires. What, according to Kroc, is the most important factor in being successful at McDonald's? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why was California consider to be a unique state so much so that Kroc moved there? What made California different than other states?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the McDonald's franchising process? What are the benefits of having a McDonald's franchise over opening your own restaurant? Why?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)