|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cause of the mechanic's liens was due to:
2. McDonalds raised the money to pay the liens by:
3. What was the price of the original McDonald brothers hamburger?
4. How old was Kroc when he made his deal with the McDonald brothers?
5. Why couldn't the Des Plaines franchise be an exact duplicate of the San Bernadino original?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kroc do when he first arrived at McDonald brothers?
2. Where was Ray Kroc's background?
3. Why problems did Kroc encounter in Florida?
4. In spite of the growth of the company, it was cash strapped and had problems borrowing money. How did they solve this problem?
5. How did Kroc come to sell Multimixers?
6. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding risks?
7. What were some of the important decisions that Kroc made the first year?
8. What was Kroc's occupation before forming McDonald's?
9. In what way did the McDonald brothers pioneer the fast food business?
10. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kroc's business ideas gave many people the chance to have good lives. Some even became millionaires. What, according to Kroc, is the most important factor in being successful at McDonald's? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Kroc comments that he views McDonald's changing in response to social and economic changes in society. What does he mean by this? Use examples of such changes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why did McDonald's establish Hamburger University? What is the value of training programs? How does this affect the workers?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)