|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kroc's theory in fighting the competition?
(a) Stress strengths.
(b) To increase advertising.
(c) To lower prices.
(d) To rely on governments and the courts.
2. How did Kroc resolve the problem of the french fries?
(a) He couln't duplicate the fries of the San Bernardino location.
(b) By double frying them.
(c) By changing the brand of oil.
(d) By changing the ingredients.
3. What was Kroc responsible for having introduced at Price Castle?
(a) French fries.
(b) Milk shakes.
(c) Hot dogs.
4. What did Kroc envision after talking to the McDonald's?
(a) McDonald restaurants across the country.
(b) An operation that needed improvement.
(c) Opening his own chain of restaurants.
(d) Recommendations for improvement.
5. Who did Kroc recommend to open restaurants for them?
(a) They hire a manager.
(b) His employer.
(c) Kroc himself.
(d) They had no recommendations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the brothers refuse Kroc's original offer?
2. In granting franchises, McDonald gives preference to:
3. Sonnenburn began working for a weekly take home salary of:
4. Kroc found the 1927-37 period exciting because of:
5. Kroc hired Harry Sonnenburn to handle:
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)