|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than ideological notions or moralistic or ethical premises?
2. When was Henry Kissinger born?
3. In what year was Congress warned in testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee about a new world economic order?
4. During which President's administration did the head of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission allow Wall Street speculation to be recognized as "bona fide hedging"?
5. According to the author, state taxes were at a five-year low when oil prices surged to how much a barrel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define "derivatives." What creates derivatives?
2. What changed the regulation for trust funds and pension funds, as described in Chapter 4?
3. What was index speculation comprised of, as described in Chapter 4?
4. How does Taibbi describe the design of Obamacare?
5. What led up to OPEC's oil embargo in the 1970s, as described in Chapter 5?
6. How does Taibbi conclude Chapter 4? What does the author remark regarding the motivations of the wealthy?
7. Why did Obama support giveaways to pharmaceutical companies, as discussed in Chapter 6?
8. How did the SWFs present a danger to the economy, as discussed in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds? When was Congress warned about the issue?
9. How are SFWs defined in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds?
10. What scenarios does the author describe for Priscilla Carillo and Robert Lukas in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the strategies of the Nixon campaign with those of the Tea Party. How did Palin's approach relate to Nixon's?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the life and career of Alan Greenspan. How did Greenspan come to become head of the Federal Reserve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political career of Richard Nixon and the 1968 Presidential election. What strategies were in place for Nixon?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)