|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the United States does not have a single-payer health care system, there are over how many health agencies, all of which have different forms and standards?
2. When was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States?
3. What is an independent self-regulatory organization and watchdog of the commodities and futures industry in the United States?
4. Where did Scott Brown earn his law degree?
5. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the news media and politicians attempt to blame the surge in oil prices on in Chapter 4?
2. How does Taibbi describe the design of Obamacare?
3. What changed the regulation for trust funds and pension funds, as described in Chapter 4?
4. What led to the end of the Yom Kippur War, as discussed in Chapter 5?
5. How did the power structure of Congress change with Scott Brown's election in Chapter 6: The Trillion-dollar Band-Aid - Health Care Reform?
6. How are SFWs defined in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds?
7. What correlation is there between bankruptcies in the United States and the current health care system, as described in Chapter 6?
8. What is the commodities market and how has it affected American finance?
9. Why did Obama support giveaways to pharmaceutical companies, as discussed in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 5, what does the author write of the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the news media in politics today. How has the media changed in the past 50 years and what have been the impacts of those changes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the life and career of Alan Greenspan. How did Greenspan come to become head of the Federal Reserve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss CNBC economic analyst Rick Santelli and his response to Obama's plan to prevent foreclosures. What are other comments Santelli has made against the administration?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)