|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The three sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike system total how many miles?
2. When was Barack Obama named the Nobel Peace Prize laureate?
3. When was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States?
4. During which President's administration did the head of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission allow Wall Street speculation to be recognized as "bona fide hedging"?
5. Since the United States does not have a single-payer health care system, there are over how many health agencies, all of which have different forms and standards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the commodities market and how has it affected American finance?
2. What scenarios does the author describe for Priscilla Carillo and Robert Lukas in Chapter 4?
3. What does Taibbi assert as an ominous element of health care legislation?
4. How does Taibbi describe the design of Obamacare?
5. How did the SWFs present a danger to the economy, as discussed in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds? When was Congress warned about the issue?
6. What led up to OPEC's oil embargo in the 1970s, as described in Chapter 5?
7. When did Richard Daley lease Chicago's parking meters? For how much money were they leased, as described in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 5, what does the author write of the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices?
9. According to the author, what actually caused the surge in oil prices?
10. What correlation is there between bankruptcies in the United States and the current health care system, as described in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political career of Sarah Palin. What does the author assert of Palin's capabilities as a politician?
Essay Topic 2
Define and analyze commodity index investing, the speculative commodities market and the commodities futures market. When did these terms and processes arise on Wall Street?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the actions of Goldman-Sachs in relation to speculative trading. What actions did Goldman take which were unethical? What actions were potentially illegal?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)