|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nancy Pelosi has represented the 8th Congressional District of what state?
2. According to the author, the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices from ________ should not go unnoticed.
3. What occupation did Barack Obama have before earning his law degree?
4. Who had to withdraw from a summer calculus class in San Francisco because he couldn't afford the gas for the commute?
5. In what year did President Nixon decide to rearm the Israelis, angering the oil-producing Arab states?
Short Essay Questions
1. What correlation is there between bankruptcies in the United States and the current health care system, as described in Chapter 6?
2. What changed the regulation for trust funds and pension funds, as described in Chapter 4?
3. What does Taibbi assert as an ominous element of health care legislation?
4. How did the power structure of Congress change with Scott Brown's election in Chapter 6: The Trillion-dollar Band-Aid - Health Care Reform?
5. In Chapter 5, what does the author write of the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices?
6. What led up to OPEC's oil embargo in the 1970s, as described in Chapter 5?
7. What is the commodities market and how has it affected American finance?
8. When did Richard Daley lease Chicago's parking meters? For how much money were they leased, as described in Chapter 5?
9. How does Taibbi conclude Chapter 4? What does the author remark regarding the motivations of the wealthy?
10. What was the author shocked to discover from a friend working for a SWF in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political career of Sarah Palin. What does the author assert of Palin's capabilities as a politician?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the news media in politics today. How has the media changed in the past 50 years and what have been the impacts of those changes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the strategies of the Nixon campaign with those of the Tea Party. How did Palin's approach relate to Nixon's?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)