|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. T-Bills mature in what time?
2. Alan Greenspan served as Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United States during what years?
3. For what magazine was Matt Taibbi working as a reporter when he describes having listened to the acceptance speech of Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
4. What refers to a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from any actual profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation?
5. Of what political party was Ronald Reagan a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setback does the author describe for a banker named Andy?
2. With what Tea Party member did Taibbi travel? What did he discover about the Republican candidates' issues?
3. How did Greenspan's views of American politics change over time?
4. How did the public and private sectors evolve and change during Alan Greenspan's reign of the Federal Reserve, as described in Chapter 2?
5. Who was Joe Cassano? What authority did he achieve?
6. As described in Chapter 2, what was Alan Greenspan's focus in controlling the United States economy?
7. Describe Alan Greenspan's childhood and education. Where did Greenspan study economics?
8. What does Taibbi write of his thoughts on Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
9. Who was Eljon Williams and how did he become involved in a mortgage scam as described in Chapter 3?
10. What does Taibbi assert to be the fundamental problem the the Tea Party's approach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alan Greenspan's direct and indirect role in the financial disaster of 2008. What actions did Greenspan take which led to the market fallout?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the changes in speculative trading during the George W. Bush administration. What did these changes mean for Goldman-Sachs?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of the surge in oil prices and other commodities in 2008 on the average consumer. How were middle-class Americans affected by the economy?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)