|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, state taxes were at a five-year low when oil prices surged to how much a barrel?
2. Where did Scott Brown earn his law degree?
(a) Yale University School of Law.
(b) Harvard Law School.
(c) Columbia School of Law.
(d) Boston College Law School.
3. Scott Brown succeeded what United States Senator?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Hillary Clinton.
(c) James Edwards.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
4. What United States Representative said that Obama's health care initiative was a "backroom deal that had nothing to do with the public perception"?
(a) Anderson Cooper.
(b) James Edwards.
(c) Ted Coppell.
(d) Dennis Kucinich.
5. When was Henry Kissinger born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Yom Kippur War end?
2. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
3. In Chapter 5, the author was astonished to learn that all the parking meters in what city were on the block for sale?
4. What does OPEC stand for?
5. What, according to the author, had been designed as a massive political deal with big giveaways to pharmaceutical companies in the form of subsidies and a big gift to the insurance industry in the form of the individual mandate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the SWFs present a danger to the economy, as discussed in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds? When was Congress warned about the issue?
2. Who was responsible for purchasing Chicago's parking meters, as described in Chapter 5?
3. What did the news media and politicians attempt to blame the surge in oil prices on in Chapter 4?
4. What correlation is there between bankruptcies in the United States and the current health care system, as described in Chapter 6?
5. What was index speculation comprised of, as described in Chapter 4?
6. What does Taibbi assert as an ominous element of health care legislation?
7. In Chapter 5, what does the author write of the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices?
8. What changed the regulation for trust funds and pension funds, as described in Chapter 4?
9. What led up to OPEC's oil embargo in the 1970s, as described in Chapter 5?
10. What scenarios does the author describe for Priscilla Carillo and Robert Lukas in Chapter 4?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)