|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
2. What company did Robert Lukens run in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble?
(a) Lukens Construction Company.
(b) Lukens Roofing.
(c) Lukens Sanitation Company.
(d) Lukens Architecture Firm.
3. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) The Organization of Pacific Executive Countries.
(b) The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(c) The Organization of Phonetic Electrical Companies.
(d) The Organization of Petroleum Energy Corporations.
4. Oil prices spiked to how much a barrel in 2008?
5. According to the author, state taxes were at a five-year low when oil prices surged to how much a barrel?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prudent Man Rule was last revised in what year?
2. What political party is Nancy Pelosi a member of?
3. When did John McCain marry Carol Shepp?
4. In what year was Congress warned in testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee about a new world economic order?
5. When was Barack Obama born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the SWFs present a danger to the economy, as discussed in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds? When was Congress warned about the issue?
2. Where is most of the money in the American health care system tied up?
3. Define "derivatives." What creates derivatives?
4. What did the news media and politicians attempt to blame the surge in oil prices on in Chapter 4?
5. How does Taibbi describe the design of Obamacare?
6. What scenarios does the author describe for Priscilla Carillo and Robert Lukas in Chapter 4?
7. What led up to OPEC's oil embargo in the 1970s, as described in Chapter 5?
8. Who was responsible for purchasing Chicago's parking meters, as described in Chapter 5?
9. How are SFWs defined in Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds?
10. What led to the end of the Yom Kippur War, as discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)