|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Alan Greenspan earn his doctorate in economics?
2. In Chapter 1, there was exhaustion because the campaign had been how long?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 8 months.
3. What NBC correspondent did Alan Greenspan marry?
(a) Alexis Marcantel.
(b) Michelle Kimble.
(c) Andrea Mitchell.
(d) Jane Pauley.
4. Eljon Williams and his wife were shocked when their mortgage went up over how much from one month to the next in Chapter 3?
5. When was Ayn Rand born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a private, actively managed investment fund that utilizes sophisticated strategies in international and/or domestic markets, offsets losses during a market downturn, and/or generates returns higher than traditional stock and bond investments?
2. The Tea Party movement is an American populist political movement that has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since what year?
3. When was Ronald Reagan born?
4. During what years was Ronald Reagan President of the United States?
5. Eljon Williams contacted what firm to help him get a home loan with a fixed mortgage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the different tranches of subprime loans discussed in Chapter 3. What were the differences between the tranches?
2. What is the fundamental belief of objectivism, as described in Chapter 2?
3. What impact did Alan Greenspan have on the Federal Reserve during his years in power?
4. How does the author relate Alan Greenspan's methods with those of a casino?
5. What campaign strategy of Richard Nixon's does Taibbi describe in Chapter 1?
6. As described in Chapter 2, what was Alan Greenspan's focus in controlling the United States economy?
7. With what Tea Party member did Taibbi travel? What did he discover about the Republican candidates' issues?
8. Describe Alan Greenspan's childhood and education. Where did Greenspan study economics?
9. How does the Tea Party mislead its followers from the true enemy, according to the author?
10. How did Ayn Rand influence Alan Greenspan, and in effect, American finance?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)