|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ayn Rand born?
(a) Saint Petersburg, Russia.
(b) New Brunswick, Canada.
(c) Alberta, Canada.
(d) New York, New York.
2. Eljon Williams had what profession?
(a) Sanitation worker.
(b) Sheriff's deputy.
3. The Tea Party movement is an American populist political movement that has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since what year?
4. When was Ronald Reagan born?
5. In Chapter 1, there was exhaustion because the campaign had been how long?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What involves an exchange of the defaulted loan instrument (and with it the right to recover the default loan at some later time) for immediate money - usually the face value of the loan?
2. When did Alan Greenspan earn his doctorate in economics?
3. In what year did Alan Greenspan earn his M.A. degree in economics?
4. Of what descent was Alan Greenspan's father?
5. Where did Matt Taibbi hear Sarah Palin's acceptance speech in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what Tea Party member did Taibbi travel? What did he discover about the Republican candidates' issues?
2. What impact did Alan Greenspan have on the Federal Reserve during his years in power?
3. What does Taibbi assert was at the root of the 2008 financial crisis?
4. Who was Eljon Williams and how did he become involved in a mortgage scam as described in Chapter 3?
5. How does the Tea Party mislead its followers from the true enemy, according to the author?
6. What did Eljon Williams learn about the commission involved in his mortgage?
7. How are "no doc" loans described in Chapter 3? How were the borrowers scammed in this system?
8. How did the public and private sectors evolve and change during Alan Greenspan's reign of the Federal Reserve, as described in Chapter 2?
9. How does the author relate Alan Greenspan's methods with those of a casino?
10. What actions did Alan Greenspan take which led directly to the housing bubble bust?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)