|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a form of government in which engineers, scientists, health professionals, and other technical experts are in control of decision making in their respective fields?
(a) Socialist democracy.
2. The Tea Party got its name from what CNBC economic analyst?
(a) Ted Coppell.
(b) Rick Santelli.
(c) John Anderson.
(d) Anderson Cooper.
3. When was Alan Greenspan born?
4. With what Tea Party member did Matt Taibbi travel around Nevada in Chapter 1?
(a) Michele Bachmann.
(b) Sarah Palin.
(c) Bill Parsons.
(d) James Williams.
5. What is a public company that provides analytics and decision making services intended to help financial services companies make complex, high-volume decisions?
(c) The Federal Reserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of Atlas Shrugged?
2. According to the author, the top one percent of Americans own almost what percent of the wealth?
3. Where did Matt Taibbi hear Sarah Palin's acceptance speech in Chapter 1?
4. Where was Ayn Rand born?
5. Alan Greenspan was born in what area of New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taibbi write of his thoughts on Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
2. How did Ayn Rand influence Alan Greenspan, and in effect, American finance?
3. What does Taibbi assert was at the root of the 2008 financial crisis?
4. What is the fundamental belief of objectivism, as described in Chapter 2?
5. With what Tea Party member did Taibbi travel? What did he discover about the Republican candidates' issues?
6. What impact did Alan Greenspan have on the Federal Reserve during his years in power?
7. Who was Joe Cassano? What authority did he achieve?
8. What actions did Alan Greenspan take which led directly to the housing bubble bust?
9. What does Taibbi assert to be the fundamental problem the the Tea Party's approach?
10. What setback does the author describe for a banker named Andy?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)