|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the headquarters of Deutsche Bank?
(a) Frankfurt, Germany.
(b) Amsterdam, Netherlands.
(c) Bern, Switzerland.
(d) Oslo, Norway.
2. Eljon Williams contacted what firm to help him get a home loan with a fixed mortgage?
(b) Solomon Edwards.
(c) Merrill Lynch.
3. What are created when banks split their mortgage loan payments into three levels and sell them in separate packages?
(c) Tranch blocks.
4. In what year did Alan Greenspan earn his M.A. degree in economics?
5. In Chapter 1, there was exhaustion because the campaign had been how long?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the Tea Party distracts its followers from the real villains of Wall Street by convincing itself that what is the enemy?
2. What refers to a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from any actual profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation?
3. Eljon Williams had what profession?
4. What do T-Bills refer to?
5. When was Atlas Shrugged published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth of American politics does Taibbi assert in Chapter 1?
2. How does the Tea Party mislead its followers from the true enemy, according to the author?
3. What impact did Alan Greenspan have on the Federal Reserve during his years in power?
4. Describe Alan Greenspan's childhood and education. Where did Greenspan study economics?
5. What process did banks undertake in order to sells risky loans, as described in Chapter 3?
6. How are "no doc" loans described in Chapter 3? How were the borrowers scammed in this system?
7. What setback does the author describe for a banker named Andy?
8. What does Taibbi write of his thoughts on Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
9. Who was Joe Cassano? What authority did he achieve?
10. What is the fundamental belief of objectivism, as described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)