|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Yom Kippur War begin?
(a) October 6, 1973.
(b) September 14, 1975.
(c) November 3, 1973.
(d) October 15, 1972.
2. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
(c) Deutche Bank.
(d) Bank of America.
3. Barack Obama taught constitutional law at what university?
(a) Yale University Law School.
(b) Boston College Law School.
(c) The University of Chicago Law School.
(d) Harvard Law School.
4. According to the author in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble, speculators took over the commodities market and by 2008, what percent of commodity exchanges was speculative?
5. When was Henry Kissinger born?
6. Kissinger served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under which President?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
7. What political party is Nancy Pelosi a member of?
8. To what political party does Scott Brown belong?
9. The Commodity Exchange Act replaced what earlier act from 1922?
(a) The Cotton Act.
(b) The Grain Futures Act.
(c) The Farm Futures Act.
(d) The Farm America Act.
10. What company did Robert Lukens run in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble?
(a) Lukens Sanitation Company.
(b) Lukens Construction Company.
(c) Lukens Architecture Firm.
(d) Lukens Roofing.
11. Where was John McCain born?
(a) Akron, OH.
(b) Honolulu, HI.
(c) Coco Solo.
(d) Little Rock, AR.
12. Nancy Pelosi is the Minority Leader of ______________.
(a) The United States House of State.
(b) The United States Supreme Court.
(c) The United States House of Representatives.
(d) The United States Senate.
13. The CFTC was created in what year?
14. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) The Organization of Phonetic Electrical Companies.
(b) The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(c) The Organization of Pacific Executive Countries.
(d) The Organization of Petroleum Energy Corporations.
15. The three sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike system total how many miles?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1991, Goldman-Sachs bought up a commodities trading company called ________.
2. From what university did Henry Kissinger earn his A.M. and Ph.D. degrees?
3. What candidate did Scott Brown face in the 2010 special election?
4. According to the author, state taxes were at a five-year low when oil prices surged to how much a barrel?
5. What does the CFTC stand for?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)