|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Barack Obama born?
(a) Honolulu, Hawaii.
(b) Bern, Switzerland.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
2. Who had to withdraw from a summer calculus class in San Francisco because he couldn't afford the gas for the commute?
(a) Peter Carillo.
(b) Sam Serenda.
(c) Robert Lukens.
(d) Leroy Marcus.
3. The Commodity Exchange Act replaced what earlier act from 1922?
(a) The Farm Futures Act.
(b) The Farm America Act.
(c) The Grain Futures Act.
(d) The Cotton Act.
4. Scott Brown succeeded what United States Senator?
(a) Hillary Clinton.
(b) James Edwards.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
5. For what state was Scott Brown elected Senator?
6. When was Henry Kissinger born?
7. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
(b) Bank of America.
(c) Deutche Bank.
8. A new investment vehicle called index speculation was comprised of two main indices which were the Goldman-Sachs Commodity Index and ____________.
(a) The Dow Jones-NASDAQ Commodity Index.
(b) The FICA Commodity Index.
(c) The NASDAQ-AIG Commodity Index.
(d) The Dow Jones-AIG Commodity Index.
9. Kissinger served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under which President?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) George W. Bush.
10. In 2008, what 24-year-old of San Bernardino, CA, quit school because she suddenly couldn't afford the gas that it took for the daily trip?
(a) Leroy Marcus.
(b) Robert Lukens.
(c) Priscilla Carillo.
(d) Sam Serenda.
11. What United States Representative said that Obama's health care initiative was a "backroom deal that had nothing to do with the public perception"?
(a) Anderson Cooper.
(b) Ted Coppell.
(c) James Edwards.
(d) Dennis Kucinich.
12. What company did Robert Lukens run in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble?
(a) Lukens Roofing.
(b) Lukens Architecture Firm.
(c) Lukens Sanitation Company.
(d) Lukens Construction Company.
13. Where was Robert Lukens being hit with gas expenses that were suddenly doubling, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Westchester, NY.
(c) Reading, PA.
(d) Sacramento, CA.
14. When was John McCain born?
15. What do SWFs refer to?
(a) Static war funds.
(b) Solidified wealth funds.
(c) Sovereign wealth funds.
(d) Static wealth funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commodity Exchange Act was established under whose administration?
2. According to the author, the correlation between decreasing taxes and rising prices from ________ should not go unnoticed.
3. In 1991, Goldman-Sachs bought up a commodities trading company called ________.
4. Who negotiated an Israel withdrawal from the Sinai peninsula as well as an end to the oil embargo by OPEC?
5. Oil prices spiked to how much a barrel in 2008?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)