|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
2. What company did Robert Lukens run in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble?
(a) Lukens Architecture Firm.
(b) Lukens Roofing.
(c) Lukens Construction Company.
(d) Lukens Sanitation Company.
3. When was Barack Obama born?
4. What occupation did Barack Obama have before earning his law degree?
(a) Community organizer.
(b) Civic engineer.
(c) College professor.
(d) High school teacher.
5. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
(a) Deutche Bank.
(b) Bank of America.
6. What United States Representative said that Obama's health care initiative was a "backroom deal that had nothing to do with the public perception"?
(a) Anderson Cooper.
(b) James Edwards.
(c) Ted Coppell.
(d) Dennis Kucinich.
7. What refers to the partial or complete prohibition of commerce and trade with a particular country, in order to isolate it?
8. The three sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike system total how many miles?
9. In international relations, what refers to a re-establishment of cordial relations, as between two countries?
(c) Breach of Contract.
10. The Prudent Man Rule is based on common law stemming from what Massachusetts court decision?
(a) Yale College v. Harvard University.
(b) Amory v. Harvard College.
(c) Anderson and Smith v. Amory.
(d) Harvard College v. Amory.
11. According to Chapter 4, Goldman-Sachs was the dominant index cornering about how much of the speculation market?
12. Barack Obama previously served as a United States Senator from what state?
13. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) The Organization of Phonetic Electrical Companies.
(b) The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(c) The Organization of Petroleum Energy Corporations.
(d) The Organization of Pacific Executive Countries.
14. Goldman-Sachs argued that investing in commodities futures would reduce risk and yield __________.
(a) Equity-like returns.
(b) T-bill returns.
(d) Speculative returns.
15. From what university did Henry Kissinger earn his A.M. and Ph.D. degrees?
(a) Tufts University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do SWFs refer to?
2. When was Nancy Pelosi born?
3. Nancy Pelosi is the Minority Leader of ______________.
4. Kissinger served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under which President?
5. What does the CFTC stand for?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)