|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goldman-Sachs argued that investing in commodities futures would reduce risk and yield __________.
(b) Equity-like returns.
(c) Speculative returns.
(d) T-bill returns.
2. Barack Obama previously served as a United States Senator from what state?
3. The three sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike system total how many miles?
4. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many developing countries?
5. The Commodity Exchange Act was established under whose administration?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
6. When was Scott Brown born?
7. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Deutche Bank.
8. Nancy Pelosi served as the 60th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 2007 to ______.
9. Where was Barack Obama born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Honolulu, Hawaii.
(d) Bern, Switzerland.
10. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) The Organization of Petroleum Energy Corporations.
(b) The Organization of Pacific Executive Countries.
(c) The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(d) The Organization of Phonetic Electrical Companies.
11. Scott Brown succeeded what United States Senator?
(a) James Edwards.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Hillary Clinton.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
12. In what year did President Nixon decide to rearm the Israelis, angering the oil-producing Arab states?
13. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
14. According to Chapter 4, Goldman-Sachs was the dominant index cornering about how much of the speculation market?
15. In December 2008, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley announced that he had leased out the city's parking meters for how long?
(a) 75 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. A new investment vehicle called index speculation was comprised of two main indices which were the Goldman-Sachs Commodity Index and ____________.
2. Nancy Pelosi is the Minority Leader of ______________.
3. What refers to politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than ideological notions or moralistic or ethical premises?
4. In international relations, what refers to a re-establishment of cordial relations, as between two countries?
5. In Chapter 5, the author was astonished to learn that all the parking meters in what city were on the block for sale?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)