|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, Goldman-Sachs was the dominant index cornering about how much of the speculation market?
2. During the Yom Kippur War, Syria and Egypt attacked territories Israel had captured in what war?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Six-Day War.
(c) The Syrian War.
(d) The Seven-Day War.
3. Where was Henry Kissinger born?
4. The Commodity Exchange Act replaced what earlier act from 1922?
(a) The Farm Futures Act.
(b) The Cotton Act.
(c) The Farm America Act.
(d) The Grain Futures Act.
5. Barack Obama led a close campaign in the 2008 Democratic Party presidential primaries against whom?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Sarah Palin.
(c) John McCain.
(d) Hillary Clinton.
6. When was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States?
(a) January 20, 2009.
(b) September 20, 2008.
(c) January, 1, 2009.
(d) November 15, 2008.
7. According to the author in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble, speculators took over the commodities market and by 2008, what percent of commodity exchanges was speculative?
8. When was Barack Obama born?
9. The Commodity Exchange Act was enacted in what year?
10. In December 2008, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley announced that he had leased out the city's parking meters for over ____________.
(a) $200 million.
(b) $150 million.
(c) $2 billion.
(d) $1 billion.
11. Where was Barack Obama born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Bern, Switzerland.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Honolulu, Hawaii.
12. What, according to the author, had been designed as a massive political deal with big giveaways to pharmaceutical companies in the form of subsidies and a big gift to the insurance industry in the form of the individual mandate?
(a) The Congressional Committee for Finance.
(c) The Congressional Committee for Health Reform.
13. In 1991, Goldman-Sachs bought up a commodities trading company called ________.
(a) J. Aron.
(b) Solomon Edwards.
(d) Chase Bank.
14. When was John McCain born?
15. What candidate did Scott Brown face in the 2010 special election?
(a) James Alexander.
(b) Martha Coakley.
(c) Sarah Paulson.
(d) Hillary Clinton.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prudent Man Rule was last revised in what year?
2. Nancy Pelosi has represented the 8th Congressional District of what state?
3. When was the Uniform Prudent Investor Act enacted?
4. What United States Representative said that Obama's health care initiative was a "backroom deal that had nothing to do with the public perception"?
5. The three sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike system total how many miles?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)