|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Great American Bubble Machine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Matt Taibbi work as a professional basketball player?
2. Where did Alan Greenspan earn a B.S. degree in economics summa cum laude?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) New York University.
3. What are created when banks split their mortgage loan payments into three levels and sell them in separate packages?
(d) Tranch blocks.
4. In 2008, what 24-year-old of San Bernardino, CA, quit school because she suddenly couldn't afford the gas that it took for the daily trip?
(a) Robert Lukens.
(b) Leroy Marcus.
(c) Sam Serenda.
(d) Priscilla Carillo.
5. In what year did President Nixon decide to rearm the Israelis, angering the oil-producing Arab states?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Barack Obama born?
2. What refers to the idea of a society in a repressive and controlled state, often under the guise of being Utopian?
3. After the Internet bubble burst, Goldman-Sachs went on to __________, where they were one of the big players, according to the author.
4. Who is the protagonist of Atlas Shrugged?
5. According to the author in Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble, speculators took over the commodities market and by 2008, what percent of commodity exchanges was speculative?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)