|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Great American Bubble Machine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goldman-Sachs began as a modest investment company in what year?
2. Matt Taibbi's reporting indicates that Goldman-Sachs was not a company of geniuses, but a company of _______.
(b) Competitive intellectuals.
(d) Intellectual giants.
3. What United States Representative said that Obama's health care initiative was a "backroom deal that had nothing to do with the public perception"?
(a) Dennis Kucinich.
(b) James Edwards.
(c) Anderson Cooper.
(d) Ted Coppell.
4. For what magazine was Matt Taibbi working as a reporter when he describes having listened to the acceptance speech of Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Men's Journal.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
5. In Chapter 1, there was exhaustion because the campaign had been how long?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 8 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Greenspan recommended the Reagan era increase in Social Security tax, and the rate went from 9.35% to ___________.
2. What refers to a public entity for the trading of company stock and derivatives at an agreed price?
3. The CFTC was created in what year?
4. According to the author, what philosophy translates to "My facts are facts and your facts are not facts"?
5. In 1991, Goldman-Sachs bought up a commodities trading company called ________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)