|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Great American Bubble Machine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what university did Henry Kissinger earn his A.M. and Ph.D. degrees?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Tufts University.
2. The Prudent Man Rule is based on common law stemming from what Massachusetts court decision?
(a) Anderson and Smith v. Amory.
(b) Yale College v. Harvard University.
(c) Harvard College v. Amory.
(d) Amory v. Harvard College.
3. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many developing countries?
4. Richard Nixon had capitalized on the "forgotten Americans." The push to gain these voters was known as________.
(a) The "southern cooperative."
(b) The "southern strategy."
(c) The "silent strategy."
(d) The Tea Party.
5. Alan Greenspan recommended the Reagan era increase in Social Security tax, and the rate went from 9.35% to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than ideological notions or moralistic or ethical premises?
2. Of what descent was Alan Greenspan's father?
3. When was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States?
4. Goldman-Sachs argued that investing in commodities futures would reduce risk and yield __________.
5. In December 2008, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley announced that he had leased out the city's parking meters for how long?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)