|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Trillion-dollar Band-Aid - Health Care Refor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an independent self-regulatory organization and watchdog of the commodities and futures industry in the United States?
(a) The Wikileaks Watchdog Corporation.
(b) The National Futures Association.
(c) The Congressional Finance Commission.
(d) The Farm Futures Commission.
2. When was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States?
(a) January, 1, 2009.
(b) November 15, 2008.
(c) September 20, 2008.
(d) January 20, 2009.
3. What refers to politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than ideological notions or moralistic or ethical premises?
4. When was Nancy Pelosi born?
5. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) The Organization of Phonetic Electrical Companies.
(b) The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(c) The Organization of Petroleum Energy Corporations.
(d) The Organization of Pacific Executive Countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
2. What refers to the part of the capital markets that deals with the issuance of new securities?
3. What refers to the idea of a society in a repressive and controlled state, often under the guise of being Utopian?
4. The CFTC was created in what year?
5. Who negotiated an Israel withdrawal from the Sinai peninsula as well as an end to the oil embargo by OPEC?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)