|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Outsourced Highway - Wealth Funds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, __________ and other investment banks were responsible for driving up the price of oil through the commodities speculation market.
(a) Deutche Bank.
(b) Bank of America.
2. The fundamental belief of what philosophy is that self-interest is a normal human state and interventionism by the government is unnatural and evil?
3. What is an independent self-regulatory organization and watchdog of the commodities and futures industry in the United States?
(a) The Farm Futures Commission.
(b) The National Futures Association.
(c) The Congressional Finance Commission.
(d) The Wikileaks Watchdog Corporation.
4. Where are the headquarters of Deutsche Bank?
(a) Amsterdam, Netherlands.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) Frankfurt, Germany.
(d) Bern, Switzerland.
5. What refers to a public entity for the trading of company stock and derivatives at an agreed price?
(a) Treasury market.
(b) Bond market.
(c) Stock market.
(d) Capital market.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2002, less than how much worth of subprime loans was approved?
2. In Chapter 5, the author was astonished to learn that all the parking meters in what city were on the block for sale?
3. The investment bank division of Deutsche Bank is head-quartered where?
4. In finance, what occurs whenever the loan payment for any period is less than the interest charged over that period so that the outstanding balance of the loan increases?
5. What refers to politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than ideological notions or moralistic or ethical premises?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)