|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Hot Potato, The Great American Mortgage Scam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Atlas Shrugged, a group of men break off on their own and form __________.
(a) A Communist society.
(b) A Socialist society.
(c) A free-market society.
(d) A dystopian society.
2. Alongside what Presidential nominee did Sarah Palin run as Vice President of the United States?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Barack Obama.
(c) Hillary Clinton.
(d) John McCain.
3. Who was Vice President to Richard Nixon?
(a) George H. Bush.
(b) Spiro Agnew.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. From 1948 to 1953, Alan Greenspan worked as an economic analyst at what business and industry oriented think-tank in New York City?
(a) The National Industrial Conference Board.
(b) The Republican Commission for Wealth.
(c) The Democratic Board of Industry.
(d) The Federal Reserve.
5. In Chapter 3, what fee did companies that would attach a borrower's name to the credit score of another person who was more credit worthy charge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a private, actively managed investment fund that utilizes sophisticated strategies in international and/or domestic markets, offsets losses during a market downturn, and/or generates returns higher than traditional stock and bond investments?
2. Of what political party was Ronald Reagan a member?
3. When was Atlas Shrugged published?
4. Who is the protagonist of The Fountainhead?
5. What involves an exchange of the defaulted loan instrument (and with it the right to recover the default loan at some later time) for immediate money - usually the face value of the loan?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)