|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Hot Potato, The Great American Mortgage Scam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, there was exhaustion because the campaign had been how long?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. In what year did Alan Greenspan earn his M.A. degree in economics?
3. According to the author, in his years of power, Alan Greenspan was able to turn the Federal Reserve into what?
(a) A Socialist mechanism.
(b) A bail-out mechanism for the ultra-rich.
(c) A place of integrity and fairness.
(d) An establishment for the poor.
4. Eljon Williams and his wife were shocked when their mortgage went up over how much from one month to the next in Chapter 3?
5. Ronald Reagan was the thirty-third governor of what state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Greenspan served as Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United States during what years?
2. What does AIG stand for?
3. In 2002, less than how much worth of subprime loans was approved?
4. For what magazine was Matt Taibbi working as a reporter when he describes having listened to the acceptance speech of Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
5. When did Lehman Brothers declare bankruptcy?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)