|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Biggest Asshole in the Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Atlas Shrugged, a group of men break off on their own and form __________.
(a) A dystopian society.
(b) A Communist society.
(c) A Socialist society.
(d) A free-market society.
2. Alan Greenspan recommended the Reagan era increase in Social Security tax, and the rate went from 9.35% to ___________.
3. Alan Greenspan served as Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United States during what years?
4. For what magazine was Matt Taibbi working as a reporter when he describes having listened to the acceptance speech of Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Wall Street Journal.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Men's Journal.
5. From 1948 to 1953, Alan Greenspan worked as an economic analyst at what business and industry oriented think-tank in New York City?
(a) The Federal Reserve.
(b) The National Industrial Conference Board.
(c) The Democratic Board of Industry.
(d) The Republican Commission for Wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his economic studies, Alan Greenspan worked under Eugene Banks, a managing director at what Wall Street investment bank?
2. The Tea Party movement is an American populist political movement that has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since what year?
3. Who is the protagonist of The Fountainhead?
4. Where did Matt Taibbi hear Sarah Palin's acceptance speech in Chapter 1?
5. What refers to a market for securities (debt or equity), where business enterprises and governments can raise long-term funds?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)