|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Blowout - The Commodities Bubble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an independent self-regulatory organization and watchdog of the commodities and futures industry in the United States?
(a) The Wikileaks Watchdog Corporation.
(b) The Congressional Finance Commission.
(c) The Farm Futures Commission.
(d) The National Futures Association.
2. What is a public company that provides analytics and decision making services intended to help financial services companies make complex, high-volume decisions?
(d) The Federal Reserve.
3. Oil prices spiked to how much a barrel in 2008?
4. For what magazine was Matt Taibbi working as a reporter when he describes having listened to the acceptance speech of Sarah Palin in Chapter 1?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Men's Journal.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
5. For what political party was Sarah Palin the nominee for Vice President of the United States?
(a) Tea Party.
(c) Green Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before declaring bankruptcy, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. was ranked as the _________ largest investment bank in the United States.
2. Eljon Williams contacted what firm to help him get a home loan with a fixed mortgage?
3. A new investment vehicle called index speculation was comprised of two main indices which were the Goldman-Sachs Commodity Index and ____________.
4. Eljon Williams and his wife were shocked when their mortgage went up over how much from one month to the next in Chapter 3?
5. According to the author, the top one percent of Americans own almost what percent of the wealth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)