|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the Shaper?
(a) He is sick
(b) He left
(c) He died
(d) He lost his voice
2. Who is Hrothgar's younger brother?
3. Who does Ork tell the other priests he has been speaking too?
(d) The Great Destroyer
4. What does Hrothgar's bowman kill?
(b) A bear
(c) A Hart
(d) A bull
5. What course of action does Red Horse suggest to Hrothulf?
(a) Marrying Hrothgar's daughter
(d) Running Away
6. What does Grendel slip on that gives the stranger the upper hand?
(a) A bench
(c) Sleeping men
7. Grendel says the priests taste like what?
(a) Duck eggs
(b) Old goat
8. Wha does Grendel discover about the second man he snatches?
(a) It is Unferth
(b) He is awake
(c) He is dead
(d) It is Hrothgar
9. The three priests think Ork is?
(d) Telling the truth
10. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
11. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
12. How does Grendel escape the stranger?
(a) His arm is torn off
(b) He kills the stranger
(c) The stranger runs away
(d) His mother comes to aide him
13. Who does Hrothulf meet in the woods at times?
(a) An old peasant
(c) The dragon
14. What is the queen's name?
15. What does Grendel imagine the stranger to be for a split second?
(a) His mother
(b) A monster
(c) A bear
(d) A dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year of Grendel's wars does Hrothgar's power begin to fail?
2. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
3. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
4. Who challenges the strength and purpose of the Geatish stranger?
5. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)