|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invades Grendel's mere?
(a) A goat
(b) A bull
(c) A hart
(d) A bear
2. Why have the strangers come?
(a) To help Hrothgar with Grendel
(b) To kill Hrothgar
(c) To capture Wealtheow
(d) To foster Hrothulf
3. The stranger tells Grendel to do what?
(b) Sing of walls
(d) Lie down
4. Who does Grendel ask Ork to tell him about?
(a) The Dragon
(b) The King of Gods
5. Who is the lead stranger said to have challenged to a swimming match?
6. How do the strangers arrive?
(a) They swim
(b) By boat
(c) By horse
(d) They walk
7. What event excites Grendel?
(b) The Shaper's funeral
(c) Strangers arrive
(d) Unferth dies
8. What does the stranger tell Grendel to write his poetry in?
9. What is the name of Hrothulf's old companion?
(a) Red Horse
(d) The Shaper
10. Where are the strangers from?
11. How many strangers are there?
12. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
(a) A certain woman
13. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
(a) A virgin
(b) A calf
(c) An ox
(d) A child
14. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
(a) Throws it over Beowulf
(b) Wraps Wealtheow in it
(c) Ties it around his neck for a napkin
(d) Uses it as a cape
15. Who is Hrothgar's younger brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the village children make in the snow?
2. When Grendel begins to fight the stranger he considers him what?
3. What does the old woman tell the children about?
4. At what time of day do the strangers arrive?
5. The three priests think Ork is?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)