|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grendel says that what is the worst pain?
2. Who is Hrothgar's younger brother?
3. Grendel says the priests taste like what?
(a) Duck eggs
(c) Old goat
4. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
5. What happened to Freawaru's mother?
(a) She is a servant
(b) She ran away
(c) She is Wealtheow
(d) She died
6. What do the village children make in the snow?
(a) Snow angels
7. What do the women place on the Shaper's eyes?
(a) Gold coins
(c) Harp picks
8. Who does Grendel ask Ork to tell him about?
(b) The Dragon
(c) The King of Gods
9. What is Hygmod leading when he meets Hrothgar?
(a) A bear
(b) A bull
(c) An ox
(d) A wolf
10. Who helps the stranger fight Grendel?
(d) No one
11. What event excites Grendel?
(a) The Shaper's funeral
(b) Strangers arrive
(c) Unferth dies
12. Who challenges the strength and purpose of the Geatish stranger?
13. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
14. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
15. What is unique about Ork?
(a) He is unable to walk
(b) He is blind
(c) He cannot talk
(d) He cannot hear
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
2. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
3. At what time of day do the strangers arrive?
4. Halga's orphaned son is who?
5. The three priests think Ork is?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)