|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the strangers from?
2. The giant has the strength of how many men?
3. How does Grendel escape the stranger?
(a) His mother comes to aide him
(b) His arm is torn off
(c) The stranger runs away
(d) He kills the stranger
4. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
5. Who does the Shaper's assistant sing of at the funeral?
(a) The Shaper
(b) Finn and Hnaef
6. Halga's orphaned son is who?
7. What is the queen's name?
8. What is the name of Hrothulf's old companion?
(a) Red Horse
(b) The Shaper
9. Who is the leader of the Heathobards who poses a threat to Hrothgar?
10. What ominous feeling does Grendel have?
(a) That Hrothgar will die soon
(b) That something is coming
(c) That he will die soon
(d) That Unferth will die soon
11. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
(a) Killing the king
(b) Killing the princes
(c) Killing the Shaper
(d) Killing the queen
12. Hygmod proposes a truce by what gesture?
(a) A white flag
(b) A chest of treasure
(c) A feast
(d) Drawing his sword with his left hand
13. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
(a) The bear
(b) His castle
(c) His son
(d) His sister
14. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Of Hrothgar
(b) Of Grendel
(c) The Scylding gods
(d) Of Wealtheow
15. Who gathers around to watch Grendel die?
(b) Animals who are his old enemies
(c) The firesnakes
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the king and queen wait patiently to happen?
2. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
3. Who helps the stranger fight Grendel?
4. What is Grendel's law?
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)