|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hygmod the lord of?
2. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
(b) A certain woman
3. Grendel refers to a what between Wealtheow and Hrothgar?
(a) A spider
(b) A chasm
(c) A scorpion
(d) A fire
4. Why have the strangers come?
(a) To kill Hrothgar
(b) To help Hrothgar with Grendel
(c) To capture Wealtheow
(d) To foster Hrothulf
5. Hygmod proposes a truce by what gesture?
(a) A white flag
(b) A feast
(c) Drawing his sword with his left hand
(d) A chest of treasure
6. What does Hrothgar's bowman kill?
(a) A Hart
(b) A bear
(c) A bull
7. What do the women place on the Shaper's eyes?
(c) Gold coins
(d) Harp picks
8. What is Hygmod leading when he meets Hrothgar?
(a) A bull
(b) An ox
(c) A bear
(d) A wolf
9. Who are the two speakers of poetry in Chapter 8?
(a) Hrothulf and Wealtheow
(b) Hrothgar and Grendel
(c) Hrothulf and Hrothgar
(d) Hrothgar and Wealtheow
10. In what year of Grendel's wars does Hrothgar's power begin to fail?
(a) The tenth
(b) The second
(c) The third
(d) The fifth
11. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
(a) The bear
(b) His sister
(c) His castle
(d) His son
12. Who is Hrothgar's younger brother?
13. What course of action does Red Horse suggest to Hrothulf?
(a) Marrying Hrothgar's daughter
(d) Running Away
14. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Of Grendel
(b) Of Hrothgar
(c) The Scylding gods
(d) Of Wealtheow
15. Red Horse says all what are monstrously evil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges the strength and purpose of the Geatish stranger?
2. How does Grendel escape the stranger?
3. What do the king and queen wait patiently to happen?
4. Who is the leader of the Heathobards who poses a threat to Hrothgar?
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)