|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halga's orphaned son is who?
2. What do the village children make in the snow?
(a) Snow angels
3. Where are the strangers from?
4. The giant has the strength of how many men?
5. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
6. What do the women place on the Shaper's eyes?
(a) Gold coins
(d) Harp picks
7. Who is Hrothgar's younger brother?
8. What does the old woman tell the children about?
(a) A dragon in the mountains
(b) A hidden underwater cave
(c) A monster in the woods
(d) A giant from across the sea
9. Why have the strangers come?
(a) To foster Hrothulf
(b) To help Hrothgar with Grendel
(c) To kill Hrothgar
(d) To capture Wealtheow
10. At what time of day do the strangers arrive?
(d) An hour before dawn
11. The stranger tells Grendel to do what?
(a) Lie down
(c) Sing of walls
12. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
(a) Toward the sea
(b) Toward the mountain
(c) Toward the forest
(d) They no longer watch
13. Grendel says that everything that happened was what?
(a) A Mistake
(c) An accident
(d) A miracle
14. Who is the lead stranger said to have challenged to a swimming match?
15. The three priests think Ork is?
(c) Telling the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Grendel touches the door?
2. What has happened to the Shaper?
3. Who is the young king?
4. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
5. Grendel says that what is the worst pain?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)