|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Hrothgar have by Wealtheow?
2. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
(a) Killing the queen
(b) Killing the Shaper
(c) Killing the princes
(d) Killing the king
3. The three priests think Ork is?
(c) Telling the truth
4. How do the strangers arrive?
(a) By horse
(b) They walk
(c) By boat
(d) They swim
5. Who does Ork tell the other priests he has been speaking too?
(b) The Great Destroyer
6. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
(a) A virgin
(b) A child
(c) A calf
(d) An ox
7. What does the old woman tell the children about?
(a) A monster in the woods
(b) A hidden underwater cave
(c) A dragon in the mountains
(d) A giant from across the sea
8. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
9. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
(a) Toward the forest
(b) Toward the mountain
(c) They no longer watch
(d) Toward the sea
10. What does Grendel's mother do each time he returns home?
(a) Yell at him
(b) Runs away
(c) Scratch him
(d) Tries to block the door so he can't leave again
11. Who is the young king?
12. What does the coast guard wish to know of the strangers?
(a) Their lineage
(b) How long they are staying
(c) Where they stored their horses
(d) How they made their boat
13. Why have the strangers come?
(a) To foster Hrothulf
(b) To kill Hrothgar
(c) To capture Wealtheow
(d) To help Hrothgar with Grendel
14. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
(a) A certain woman
15. Grendel says that what is the worst pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grendel begins to fight the stranger he considers him what?
2. Wha does Grendel discover about the second man he snatches?
3. What ominous feeling does Grendel have?
4. The stranger tells Grendel to do what?
5. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)