|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grendel refers to a what between Wealtheow and Hrothgar?
(a) A chasm
(b) A fire
(c) A spider
(d) A scorpion
2. Grendel says that everything that happened was what?
(a) A miracle
(b) An accident
(c) A Mistake
3. What is Grendel's law?
(a) Leave only the queen
(b) There is no limit to desire but desire's needs
(c) Blood equals power
(d) Kill them all
4. What does the coast guard wish to know of the strangers?
(a) Where they stored their horses
(b) Their lineage
(c) How they made their boat
(d) How long they are staying
5. What is Hygmod leading when he meets Hrothgar?
(a) A bull
(b) A bear
(c) An ox
(d) A wolf
6. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
(a) A certain woman
7. Who is the young king?
8. How many strangers are there?
9. What does Hrothgar's bowman kill?
(b) A bull
(c) A bear
(d) A Hart
10. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
(a) His castle
(b) His son
(c) His sister
(d) The bear
11. Wha does Grendel discover about the second man he snatches?
(a) It is Unferth
(b) It is Hrothgar
(c) He is awake
(d) He is dead
12. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
(a) Ties it around his neck for a napkin
(b) Uses it as a cape
(c) Wraps Wealtheow in it
(d) Throws it over Beowulf
13. What do the women place on the Shaper's eyes?
(b) Harp picks
(d) Gold coins
14. Who is the leader of the Heathobards who poses a threat to Hrothgar?
15. Hygmod proposes a truce by what gesture?
(a) A chest of treasure
(b) A feast
(c) Drawing his sword with his left hand
(d) A white flag
Short Answer Questions
1. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
2. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
3. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
4. Grendel says the priests taste like what?
5. Who does Hrothulf meet in the woods at times?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)