|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old woman tell the children about in Chapter 10?
(a) A monster in the woods.
(b) A hidden underwater cave.
(c) A dragon in the mountains.
(d) A giant from across the sea.
2. In Chapter 7, what is Wealtheow's hair color described as?
3. What does Grendel slip on that gives the Stranger the upper hand in Chapter 12?
(c) Sleeping men.
(d) A bench.
4. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack in Chapter 10?
(a) Toward the sea.
(b) Toward the forest.
(c) Toward the mountain.
(d) They no longer watch.
5. Red Horse says all what are monstrously evil?
6. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits in Chapter 10?
(a) A child.
(b) A certain woman.
7. In Chapter 7, who calms the argument between Unferth and another thane?
8. Grendel says that what is the worst pain in Chapter 10?
9. Grendel says that he hopes the number twelve is what in Chapter 7?
(a) The number of men he can eat at once.
(b) A holy number.
(c) The days of the month.
(d) The number of men he can carry.
10. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
11. In Chapter 10, what do Finn and Hengest pledge to each other?
(a) To war in the spring.
(d) A truce.
12. In Chapter 11, what does Grendel call the Strangers in their armor?
(a) Wild bears.
(b) Great bulls.
(c) Fat cows.
(d) Silly men.
13. What is Grendel's law?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Blood equals power.
(c) There is no limit to desire but desire's needs.
(d) Leave only the queen.
14. What event excites Grendel in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) The arrival of Strangers..
(b) The Shaper's funeral.
(d) Unferth dies.
15. In Chapter 9, who joins Ork and the other three priests?
(c) Another younger priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel do with the table cloth in Chapter 12?
2. When Grendel begins to fight the Stranger he considers him what?
3. Grendel says that everything that happened was what in Chapter 12?
4. Grendel says the priests taste like what?
5. What is the name of Hrothulf's old companion?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)