|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Freawaru's mother?
(a) She died
(b) She is Wealtheow
(c) She is a servant
(d) She ran away
2. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
(a) Uses it as a cape
(b) Ties it around his neck for a napkin
(c) Throws it over Beowulf
(d) Wraps Wealtheow in it
3. What is the queen's name?
4. Grendel hopes twelve is what?
(a) The days of the month
(b) The number of men he can eat at once
(c) A holy number
(d) The number of men he can carry
5. What instrument does the assistant play?
(a) The old Shaper's harp
(b) A guitar
(c) A drum
(d) A violin
6. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
7. Who helps the stranger fight Grendel?
(c) No one
8. What does the coast guard wish to know of the strangers?
(a) Where they stored their horses
(b) Their lineage
(c) How they made their boat
(d) How long they are staying
9. Wha does Grendel discover about the second man he snatches?
(a) He is dead
(b) It is Unferth
(c) It is Hrothgar
(d) He is awake
10. Who does the Shaper's assistant sing of at the funeral?
(c) Finn and Hnaef
(d) The Shaper
11. What threat, besides Grendel, does Hrothgar face?
(b) A younger king
12. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Of Wealtheow
(b) Of Grendel
(c) Of Hrothgar
(d) The Scylding gods
13. What is the name of Hrothulf's old companion?
(a) Red Horse
(d) The Shaper
14. What is unique about Ork?
(a) He cannot talk
(b) He is blind
(c) He is unable to walk
(d) He cannot hear
15. Where are the strangers from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grendel ask Ork to tell him about?
2. What does the old woman tell the children about?
3. At what time of day do the strangers arrive?
4. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
5. The young priest tells the people that the gods made what for their joy?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)