|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grendel ask Ork to tell him about?
(b) The Dragon
(d) The King of Gods
2. Who does Ork tell the other priests he has been speaking too?
(a) The Great Destroyer
3. What does Grendel's mother do each time he returns home?
(a) Tries to block the door so he can't leave again
(b) Yell at him
(c) Scratch him
(d) Runs away
4. Who is Hygmod the lord of?
5. Grendel says that what is the worst pain?
6. What is Hygmod leading when he meets Hrothgar?
(a) A bear
(b) A bull
(c) A wolf
(d) An ox
7. Who is the leader of the Heathobards who poses a threat to Hrothgar?
8. When Grendel begins to fight the stranger he considers him what?
(a) An easy match
(b) An equal match in strength
(c) Too strong for Grendel
(d) A coward
9. What do the king and queen wait patiently to happen?
(a) The truce to be upheld
(b) Beowulf to arrive
(c) Grendel to die
(d) The Shaper to die
10. Grendel hopes twelve is what?
(a) The days of the month
(b) A holy number
(c) The number of men he can eat at once
(d) The number of men he can carry
11. What has happened to the Shaper?
(a) He died
(b) He lost his voice
(c) He is sick
(d) He left
12. Who challenges the strength and purpose of the Geatish stranger?
13. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
(a) They no longer watch
(b) Toward the forest
(c) Toward the sea
(d) Toward the mountain
14. What event excites Grendel?
(b) Strangers arrive
(c) Unferth dies
(d) The Shaper's funeral
15. What does the coast guard wish to know of the strangers?
(a) Where they stored their horses
(b) How long they are staying
(c) Their lineage
(d) How they made their boat
Short Answer Questions
1. What invades Grendel's mere?
2. What threat, besides Grendel, does Hrothgar face?
3. What would happen if Grendel killed the last Scylding?
4. What is unique about Ork?
5. Who does the Shaper look for but who never visits?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)