|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger tell Grendel to write his poetry in?
2. What instrument does the assistant play?
(a) A violin
(b) The old Shaper's harp
(c) A drum
(d) A guitar
3. What has happened to the Shaper?
(a) He lost his voice
(b) He is sick
(c) He died
(d) He left
4. What ominous feeling does Grendel have?
(a) That he will die soon
(b) That Unferth will die soon
(c) That something is coming
(d) That Hrothgar will die soon
5. What invades Grendel's mere?
(a) A goat
(b) A hart
(c) A bull
(d) A bear
6. What does Grendel slip on that gives the stranger the upper hand?
(a) Sleeping men
(b) A bench
7. The three priests think Ork is?
(a) Telling the truth
8. Red Horse says all what are monstrously evil?
9. What happened to Freawaru's mother?
(a) She is a servant
(b) She died
(c) She ran away
(d) She is Wealtheow
10. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
(a) They no longer watch
(b) Toward the forest
(c) Toward the mountain
(d) Toward the sea
11. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
12. The stranger tells Grendel to do what?
(c) Lie down
(d) Sing of walls
13. How do the strangers arrive?
(a) By horse
(b) By boat
(c) They walk
(d) They swim
14. The giant has the strength of how many men?
15. Grendel hopes twelve is what?
(a) A holy number
(b) The number of men he can carry
(c) The days of the month
(d) The number of men he can eat at once
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel's mother do each time he returns home?
2. What event excites Grendel?
3. What do the village children make in the snow?
4. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
5. Who is Hygmod's sister?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)