|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
2. At what time of day do the strangers arrive?
(d) An hour before dawn
3. In what year of Grendel's wars does Hrothgar's power begin to fail?
(a) The fifth
(b) The second
(c) The tenth
(d) The third
4. Why have the strangers come?
(a) To help Hrothgar with Grendel
(b) To kill Hrothgar
(c) To capture Wealtheow
(d) To foster Hrothulf
5. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
6. What does Grendel slip on that gives the stranger the upper hand?
(b) Sleeping men
(c) A bench
7. The giant has the strength of how many men?
8. What instrument does the assistant play?
(a) A drum
(b) The old Shaper's harp
(c) A violin
(d) A guitar
9. The stranger tells Grendel to do what?
(b) Lie down
(c) Sing of walls
10. Who helps the stranger fight Grendel?
(a) No one
11. What does the coast guard wish to know of the strangers?
(a) How long they are staying
(b) Their lineage
(c) Where they stored their horses
(d) How they made their boat
12. What does the old woman tell the children about?
(a) A hidden underwater cave
(b) A monster in the woods
(c) A giant from across the sea
(d) A dragon in the mountains
13. Grendel says the priests taste like what?
(b) Old goat
(c) Duck eggs
14. What is unique about Ork?
(a) He cannot talk
(b) He cannot hear
(c) He is blind
(d) He is unable to walk
15. When Grendel begins to fight the stranger he considers him what?
(a) A coward
(b) An equal match in strength
(c) Too strong for Grendel
(d) An easy match
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wealtheow not immediately allowed in the hall with the strangers?
2. What happened to Freawaru's mother?
3. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
4. What is Grendel's law?
5. Who does the Shaper's assistant sing of at the funeral?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)