|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The three priests think Ork is?
(d) Telling the truth
2. What does Hrothgar's bowman kill?
(b) A Hart
(c) A bull
(d) A bear
3. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
(a) A calf
(b) A virgin
(c) A child
(d) An ox
4. Who helps the stranger fight Grendel?
(c) No one
5. Why is Wealtheow not immediately allowed in the hall with the strangers?
(a) The situation is too tense
(b) She is sick
(c) She is not welcome
(d) Women eat later
6. What instrument does the assistant play?
(a) A violin
(b) A drum
(c) A guitar
(d) The old Shaper's harp
7. Who are the two speakers of poetry in Chapter 8?
(a) Hrothulf and Wealtheow
(b) Hrothgar and Wealtheow
(c) Hrothgar and Grendel
(d) Hrothulf and Hrothgar
8. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from?
9. Wha does Grendel discover about the second man he snatches?
(a) He is dead
(b) He is awake
(c) It is Hrothgar
(d) It is Unferth
10. When Grendel begins to fight the stranger he considers him what?
(a) An equal match in strength
(b) An easy match
(c) A coward
(d) Too strong for Grendel
11. Halga's orphaned son is who?
12. The young priest tells the people that the gods made what for their joy?
(c) The world
13. How many strangers are there?
14. Who does Hrothulf meet in the woods at times?
(a) An old peasant
(d) The dragon
15. Who does Grendel ask Ork to tell him about?
(a) The King of Gods
(d) The Dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
2. Grendel refers to a what between Wealtheow and Hrothgar?
3. Grendel says that everything that happened was what?
4. Where are the strangers from?
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's third child?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)