|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because he is blocking the light
(b) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(c) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(d) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
2. In Chapter 11, what does Hrothgar call the lead stranger that upsets several people in the hall?
(a) His brother
(b) His favorite
(c) A son
(d) His savior
3. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
(d) The old Shaper
4. How does Grendel's mother comfort him?
(a) By making him food
(b) By trying to nurse him
(c) By healing his wounds
(d) By singing to him
5. Who challenges the strength and purpose of the Geatish stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel do with the table cloth?
2. Who is Hygmod the lord of?
3. In Chapter 7, what happens to the bear?
4. The three priests think Ork is?
5. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)