|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grendel ask the blind priest to tell him about in Chapter 9?
(a) The Dragon.
(d) The King of Gods.
2. What can no longer harm Grendel after his visit with the dragon?
(a) Other animals.
(c) The firesnakes.
3. What changes in the spring between the clans of men?
(a) They plant crops together.
(b) They sign a truce.
(c) They begin warring.
(d) They build one main hall.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Unferth say he will do since Grendel refuse to kill him?
(a) Unferth will kill himself.
(b) Unferth will kill Grendel's mother.
(c) Unferth will kill both Grendel and his mother.
(d) Unferth will run away.
5. What animal is the speaker shooing away in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grendel refers to what between Wealtheow and Hrothgar in Chapter 8?
2. Who is the woman that Grendel killed long ago?
3. How does Grendel discover that he cannot be harmed in Chapter 6?
4. What do the three priests think Ork is, based on his story in Chapter 9?
5. What has Hrothgar constructed out of pride?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)