|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Drowns them in the lake.
(b) Eats them.
(c) Brings them to his mother.
(d) Hangs them in trees.
2. In what year of Grendel's wars does Hrothgar's power begin to fail?
(a) The fifth.
(b) The tenth.
(c) The second.
(d) The third.
3. Where are criminals sent to live?
(a) The mountains.
(b) An island.
(c) The forest.
(d) A cave.
4. Hygmod proposes a truce by what gesture in Chapter 10?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A feast.
(c) Drawing his sword with his left hand.
(d) A chest of treasure.
5. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) Deeper into the mountains.
(c) To the dragon's lair.
(d) To his cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who sings at the feast when Wealtheow is given to Hrothgar?
2. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
3. How long has Grendel been at war with humans in Chapter 1?
4. Grendel compares talking to what in Chapter 2?
5. What animal is the speaker shooing away in Chapter 1?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)