|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three things does the dragon know?
(a) Men speech, animal speech, dragon speech
(b) Truth, lies, men's words
(c) Beginning, present, end
(d) Secrets of the men, of the gods, of the animals
2. Grendel thinks that the stranger is what?
(c) Too strong
3. Where does the dragon live?
(a) A nest in the forest
(b) Beneath the lake
(c) A cave in the mountains
(d) In an abandoned hall
4. What happens when Grendel strikes the ground?
(a) The Hall crumbles
(b) The earth quakes
(c) A volcano erupts
(d) A twelve foot seam opens
5. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
(a) The dragon's cave
(b) The top of Hrothgar's hall
(c) The circle of gods
(d) The eaves of the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
2. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
3. What is the creature's name?
4. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter Four?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Unferth say he will do since Grendel refuse to kill him?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)