|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Eat them
(b) Drowns them in the lake
(c) Brings them to his mother
(d) Hangs them in trees
2. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
(a) The circle of gods
(b) The dragon's cave
(c) The top of Hrothgar's hall
(d) The eaves of the forest
3. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
(a) His boats
(b) His queen and his treasure
(c) His bear
(d) His weapons
4. Grendel compares the ram to what?
(a) His mother
(b) The Shaper
(d) Slow-witted king
5. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
(d) Gold workers
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is Wealtheow's hair color?
2. In Chapter 7, Grendel counts his blessings but they are all numbered how?
3. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
4. Which race does the harper say creatures like Grendel come from?
5. What is the dragon sitting on?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)