|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grendel compares the ram to what?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Shaper.
(c) A slow-witted king.
2. Why is Unferth so weak?
(a) Because he has traveled a far distance.
(b) Because he is wounded.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because the journey into the cave is difficult.
3. How does Grendel avoid the bull in Chapter 2?
(a) His mother helps him.
(b) By twisting its horn.
(c) By killing it.
(d) By capturing the bull.
4. What color does the narrator say Hrothgar's beard is?
5. Where are criminals sent to live?
(a) The forest.
(b) A cave.
(c) The mountains.
(d) An island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pool of firesnakes protect?
2. Grendel compares talking to what in Chapter 2?
3. What do the villagers at the disposal of the bodies do in the end of Chapter 1?
4. What does Grendel say Hrothgar's sons would do with their father's gold?
5. What is the dragon sitting on?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)