|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think Grendel is?
(a) A tree fungus
(b) A bull
(c) A monster
(d) A bear
2. In Chapter 7, Unferth is accused of killing whom?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His sons
(d) His wife
3. How long are the dragon's talons?
(b) Short and stubby
(c) Tree size
(d) A foot long
4. What does Grendel do with the corpse?
(a) Buries it
(b) Gives it to his mother
(c) Take it to the hall
(d) Eats it
5. In Chapter 7, Grendel counts his blessings but they are all numbered how?
(c) One through five
(d) One through four
Short Answer Questions
1. The dragon encourages Grendel to do what?
2. Which race does the harper say creatures like Grendel come from?
3. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
4. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
5. What is the dragon sitting on?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)