|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Grendel going when he leaves his home in Chapter 1?
(a) The forest.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The moors.
(d) Hrothgar's Hall.
2. What is an adder?
(a) A singer.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fish.
(d) A snake.
3. Who is Grendel’s only friend?
(a) His mother.
(c) His shadow.
(d) The firesnakes.
4. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold.
(b) So Grendel is not accidentally burned.
(c) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit.
(d) Because he is blocking the light.
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's hall?
(b) The Great Hall.
(c) Golden Hall.
(d) Hrothgar's Throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
2. What color does the narrator say Hrothgar's beard is?
3. What do the men think Grendel is in Chapter 2?
4. What is the dragon's final advice to Grendel in Chapter 5?
5. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel in Chapter 3?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)