|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(b) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
(c) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(d) Because he is blocking the light
2. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
(a) His weapons
(b) His bear
(c) His queen and his treasure
(d) His boats
3. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall?
(a) A dead man
(b) A store of weapons
(d) A pile of treasure
4. In Chapter 7, Grendel counts his blessings but they are all numbered how?
(a) One through four
(b) One through five
5. Who comes to finally help Grendel?
(a) His mother
(c) The Dragon
(d) The shaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel want to know that the dragon won't answer?
2. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
3. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
4. What is the word used to denote the king's followers?
5. What three things does the dragon know?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)