|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
(a) An oak-tree spirit.
(b) A cave troll.
(c) A man.
(d) A bear.
2. What animal is the speaker shooing away in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Grendel live?
(a) In an underground cavern.
(b) In a hole in the ground.
(c) In a mountain cave.
(d) In a nest in the woods.
4. What sickens Grendel about the battles?
(a) The waste of dead animals and men.
(b) The smell of blood.
(c) Not being able to participate.
(d) That the women aren't killed also.
5. Who comes to finally help Grendel in Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(c) The Shaper.
(d) The Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers at the disposal of the bodies do in the end of Chapter 1?
2. What language do the men speak in Chapter 2?
3. What does Grendel compare the fire to in Chapter 1?
4. What does Grendel say his mother smells of in Chapter 2?
5. What is an adder?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)