|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Who is the first to realize Grendel can talk?
(c) A priest
2. What changes in the spring between the clans of men?
(a) They plant crops together
(b) They begin warring
(c) They build one main hall
(d) They sign a truce
3. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree?
(a) His mother hunting
(b) The gods
(c) A bear
4. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
(a) The Liar
(b) The Shaper
5. Where are criminals sent to live?
(a) The forest
(b) A cave
(c) An island
(d) The mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
2. Who comes to finally help Grendel?
3. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
4. What do the people do with the remains?
5. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)