|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do with the remains?
(a) Hang them in trees
(b) Bury them
(c) Throw them in the sea
(d) Burn them
2. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
3. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
(b) Finn attacks him first
(c) Power of revenge
(d) Hengest kills Finn's father
4. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
(a) His bear
(b) His queen and his treasure
(c) His boats
(d) His weapons
5. Grendel compares talking to what?
(d) A coffin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree?
2. Who is the creature's only friend?
3. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
4. What does Grendel call the words of the blind man?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Grendel call the strangers in their armor?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)