|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pool of firesnakes protect?
(a) Grendel's treasure.
(b) The dragon's cave.
(c) The dragon's treasure.
(d) A sunken door.
2. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
(b) A wall.
(c) A throne.
(d) A hall.
3. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
(a) The Dragon.
(b) The Shaper.
(c) His mother.
4. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall in Chapter 1?
(a) Men to eat.
5. Where does the sunken door lead to?
(a) The outside.
(b) Into Hrothgar's hall.
(c) The dragon's lair.
(d) A treasure cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
2. What do the men think Grendel is in Chapter 2?
3. What literary device is demonstrated in the word “sizzle” in Chapter 1?
4. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words in Chapter 3?
5. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)