|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grendel caught in when the bull charges him in Chapter 2?
(a) A trap.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) An old tree.
(d) A rabbit hole.
2. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
(a) A throne.
(c) A hall.
(d) A wall.
3. Where are criminals sent to live?
(a) The forest.
(b) The mountains.
(c) An island.
(d) A cave.
4. How long has Grendel been at war with humans in Chapter 1?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. Where is Grendel going when he leaves his home in Chapter 1?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The forest.
(c) The moors.
(d) Hrothgar's Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
2. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree in Chapter 2?
3. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall in Chapter 1?
4. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
5. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)