|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sickens Grendel about the battles?
(a) The waste of dead animals and men
(b) The smell of blood
(c) Not being able to participate
(d) That the women aren't killed also
2. Which race does the harper say creatures like Grendel come from?
(a) The firesnakes
(b) The cursed race or Cain's
(c) The devil's
(d) The dragon's
3. Who is Hygmod the lord of?
4. What is the downside of Grendel's new power?
(a) He is alone
(b) He is always hungry for more
(c) His mother wants to come along
(d) He has not fun
5. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
(a) The Flood
(b) Creation and Cain and Abel
(c) Jonah and the Whale
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grendel discover that he cannot be harmed by weapons?
2. What does the pool of fire snakes protect?
3. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
4. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
5. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)