|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel do with the corpse?
(a) Buries it
(b) Eats it
(c) Gives it to his mother
(d) Take it to the hall
2. What ominous feeling does Grendel have?
(a) That he will die soon
(b) That Unferth will die soon
(c) That Hrothgar will die soon
(d) That something is coming
3. Who is the woman the creature killed long ago?
4. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
(a) A cave troll
(b) An oak-tree spirit
(c) A bear
(d) A man
5. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
(a) A virgin
(b) A child
(c) An ox
(d) A calf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
2. In Chapter 7, who calms the argument between Unferth and another thane?
3. Who does Grendel scream for but does not help him get away from the bull?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
5. What invades Grendel's mere?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)