|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
(b) Jonah and the Whale
(c) The Flood
(d) Creation and Cain and Abel
2. How does Grendel avoid the bull?
(a) His mother helps him
(b) By twisting from the horn
(c) By capturing the bull
(d) By killing it
3. What has Hrothgar constructed out of pride?
(b) A gold throne
(c) A great mead hall
(d) A statue of himself
4. Who does Grendel scream for but does not help him get away from the bull?
(a) His father
(b) The Dragon
(c) His mother
5. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
(a) The Shaper
(b) His mother
(c) The Dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. Grendel compares talking to what?
2. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
3. What do the men think Grendel is?
4. What does Grendel do with the corpse?
5. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)