|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers at the disposal of the bodies do in the end of Chapter 1?
(a) They weep.
(b) They sing.
(c) They eat.
(d) They kneel.
2. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
(a) A man.
(b) An oak-tree spirit.
(c) A cave troll.
(d) A bear.
3. What does Grendel do with the corpse in Chapter 4?
(a) Gives it to his mother.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Takes it to the hall.
4. What does Grendel compare the fire to in Chapter 1?
5. How long has Grendel been at war with humans in Chapter 1?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do with the remains of those killed by Grendel in Chapter 1?
2. Grendel compares the ram to what?
3. Where are criminals sent to live?
4. How does Grendel initially feel about the party in Hart in Chapter 4?
5. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)