|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator’s name?
2. How does Grendel avoid the bull in Chapter 2?
(a) By twisting its horn.
(b) By capturing the bull.
(c) His mother helps him.
(d) By killing it.
3. What do the men think Grendel's blood is in Chapter 2?
(a) Bull's blood.
4. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree in Chapter 2?
(a) A bear.
(c) The gods.
(d) His mother hunting.
5. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
(a) A man.
(b) A cave troll.
(c) A bear.
(d) An oak-tree spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers at the disposal of the bodies do in the end of Chapter 1?
2. What literary device is demonstrated in the word “sizzle” in Chapter 1?
3. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
4. What language do the men speak in Chapter 2?
5. Where is Grendel going when he leaves his home in Chapter 1?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)