|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
(b) Creation and Cain and Abel.
(c) The Flood.
(d) Jonah and the Whale.
2. What does the pool of firesnakes protect?
(a) The dragon's treasure.
(b) Grendel's treasure.
(c) A sunken door.
(d) The dragon's cave.
3. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) Its calf is close by.
(b) Grendel tried to kill it.
(c) All animals hate Grendel.
(d) It is hungry.
4. What does Grendel compare the fire to in Chapter 1?
5. How does Grendel avoid the bull in Chapter 2?
(a) By twisting its horn.
(b) His mother helps him.
(c) By capturing the bull.
(d) By killing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Shaper sing of that upsets Grendel?
2. What does Grendel say Hrothgar's sons would do with their father's gold?
3. What has Hrothgar constructed out of pride?
4. Grendel compares talking to what in Chapter 2?
5. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel in Chapter 3?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)