|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Drowns them in the lake
(b) Eat them
(c) Hangs them in trees
(d) Brings them to his mother
2. How do the men treat Grendel when he brings the corpse to them?
(a) They welcome him
(b) They attack him
(c) They do not see him
(d) They thank him
3. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
(a) The dragon's cave
(b) The eaves of the forest
(c) The circle of gods
(d) The top of Hrothgar's hall
4. In Chapter 7, Grendel counts his blessings but they are all numbered how?
(b) One through four
(c) One through five
5. How old is Hrothgar when Grendel decides to destroy him?
(a) A baby
(b) An old, old man
(c) A young king
(d) A teenager
Short Answer Questions
1. Grendel compares the ram to what?
2. Who do the people pray too?
3. How does Grendel avoid the bull?
4. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
5. What do the people do with the remains?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)