|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Hrothgar dream of?
(a) A black tree with a double trunk
(d) His own death
2. Why is Unferth so weak?
(a) Because the journey into the cave is difficult
(b) Because he is old
(c) Because he is wounded
(d) Because he has traveled a far distance
3. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree?
(a) His mother hunting
(b) A bear
(c) The gods
4. What does the pool of fire snakes protect?
(a) The dragon's treasure
(b) Grendel's treasure
(c) A sunken door
(d) The dragon's cave
5. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
(a) His sister
(b) His son
(c) His castle
(d) The bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
2. Where are criminals sent to live?
3. Who is Hygmod the lord of?
4. What do the men think Grendel is?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)