|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) Its calf is close by
(b) Grendel tried to kill it
(c) It is hungry
(d) All animals hate Grendel
2. Where does Grendel live?
(a) In an underground cavern
(b) In a mountain cave
(c) In a hole in the ground
(d) In a nest in the woods
3. In Chapter 9, what does Grendel do to the priests?
(a) Hangs them in trees
(c) Takes them back to their hut
(d) Eats them
4. What sickens Grendel about the battles?
(a) That the women aren't killed also
(b) The smell of blood
(c) Not being able to participate
(d) The waste of dead animals and men
5. Grendel hopes twelve is what?
(a) The days of the month
(b) The number of men he can eat at once
(c) The number of men he can carry
(d) A holy number
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
2. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
3. Where does the sunken door lead to?
4. In Chapter 7, who sings at the feast when Wealtheow is given to Hrothgar?
5. Who is Hygmod's sister?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)