|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Unferth so weak?
(a) Because the journey into the cave is difficult
(b) Because he has traveled a far distance
(c) Because he is old
(d) Because he is wounded
2. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) It is hungry
(b) Its calf is close by
(c) All animals hate Grendel
(d) Grendel tried to kill it
3. What is Grendel caught in when the bull charges him?
(a) A rabbit hole
(b) An old tree
(c) A trap
(d) A stone wall
4. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
(a) Killing the Shaper
(b) Killing the queen
(c) Killing the king
(d) Killing the princes
5. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
(a) His sister
(b) His castle
(c) The bear
(d) His son
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Hrothgar dream of?
2. What scent pervades the hall as Unferth and Grendel talk?
3. Where are criminals sent to live?
4. What changes in the spring between the clans of men?
5. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)