|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think Grendel's blood is in Chapter 2?
(b) Bull's blood.
2. Who is Unferth's father?
(a) The Shaper.
3. What do the men think Grendel is in Chapter 2?
(a) A tree fungus.
(b) A monster.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bull.
4. What is the downside of Grendel's new power?
(a) He is alone.
(b) His mother wants to come along.
(c) He has not fun.
(d) He is always hungry for more.
5. What scent pervades the hall as Unferth and Grendel talk in Chapter 6?
(c) Roasted meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
2. What threat, besides Grendel, does Hrothgar face?
3. Which race does the harper say creatures like Grendel come from?
4. What Biblical stories does the harper sing of?
5. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall in Chapter 4?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)