|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Deeper into the mountains
(b) To his cave
(c) To the Dragon
(d) Across the sea
2. What is an adder?
(a) A snake
(b) A fish
(c) A tree
(d) A singer
3. What do the men think Grendel's blood is?
(a) Bull's blood
4. What is the queen's name?
5. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
(a) His bear
(b) His weapons
(c) His queen and his treasure
(d) His boats
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grendel's law?
2. In Chapter 10, what do Finn and Hengest pledge to each other?
3. What does Grendel consider the ultimate act of nihilism?
4. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
5. What does the Shaper sing of that upsets Grendel?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)