|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
(a) Hengest kills Finn's father
(b) Power of revenge
(c) Finn attacks him first
2. What does Grendel call Unferth?
(a) A poor jangler
(b) A girl
(c) A coward
(d) A baby
3. How does Grendel discover that he cannot be harmed by weapons?
(a) He steps on a spearhead
(b) A guard attacks him
(c) His mother scratches him
(d) He hits himself with a knife
4. How do the men treat Grendel when he brings the corpse to them?
(a) They welcome him
(b) They do not see him
(c) They attack him
(d) They thank him
5. Who does the blind man sing of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
2. In Chapter 7, who sings at the feast when Wealtheow is given to Hrothgar?
3. Hygmod proposes a truce by what gesture?
4. What can no longer harm Grendel?
5. What language do the men speak?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)