|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Unferth's father?
(c) The Shaper.
2. What does Grendel call the words of the blind man in Chapter 3?
(a) Beautiful songs.
3. What changes in the spring between the clans of men?
(a) They sign a truce.
(b) They build one main hall.
(c) They plant crops together.
(d) They begin warring.
4. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Eats them.
(b) Brings them to his mother.
(c) Hangs them in trees.
(d) Drowns them in the lake.
5. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard that attacks him in Chapter 6?
(a) Bites his head off.
(b) Tears his arms off.
(c) Throws him off a cliff.
(d) Takes him back to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Who is the first to realize Grendel can talk?
2. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
3. Hrothgar refuses treasure so Hygmod offers what as a sign of the truce?
4. What scent pervades the hall as Unferth and Grendel talk in Chapter 6?
5. How do the men treat Grendel when he brings the corpse to them in Chapter 4?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)