|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
(c) The Shaper.
(d) The Liar.
2. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Of Wealtheow.
(b) The Scylding gods.
(c) Of Grendel.
(d) Of Hrothgar.
3. Who do the priests ask the gods to deliver them from in Chapter 9?
4. What does Grendel observe an archer killing in Chapter 9?
(b) A hart.
(c) A bull.
(d) A bear.
5. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
(a) A wall.
(b) A throne.
(c) A hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the blind man sing of in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Grendel do to the priests?
3. Who is the thane who boldly opposes Grendel?
4. What does Grendel do with Unferth when he comes to the cave?
5. What do the people sacrifice to the god statues?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)