|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grendel call the bard in the hall?
(a) The Liar
(d) The Shaper
2. What can no longer harm Grendel?
(b) The firesnakes
(c) Other animals
3. In Chapter 6, Who is the first to realize Grendel can talk?
(c) A priest
4. What is an adder?
(a) A fish
(b) A singer
(c) A snake
(d) A tree
5. What does Grendel do with Unferth when he comes to the cave?
(a) Eats him
(b) Takes him back to Hrothgar's hall
(c) Feeds him to the firesnakes
(d) Leaves him for his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the thane who boldly opposes Grendel?
2. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Grendel do to the priests?
4. Who does Ork tell the other priests he has been speaking too?
5. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)