|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statues stand near Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Of Wealtheow
(b) Of Grendel
(c) Of Hrothgar
(d) The Scylding gods
2. What is the downside of Grendel's new power?
(a) He is alone
(b) He has not fun
(c) His mother wants to come along
(d) He is always hungry for more
3. What is the name of the priest who comes to Grendel in the middle of the night?
4. What ominous feeling does Grendel have?
(a) That something is coming
(b) That Hrothgar will die soon
(c) That he will die soon
(d) That Unferth will die soon
5. In Chapter 9, what does Grendel do to the priests?
(b) Hangs them in trees
(c) Takes them back to their hut
(d) Eats them
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Grendel kill on his first raid?
2. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
3. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
4. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
5. What time of year is it when Grendel begins his war with Hrothgar?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)