1. What animal is the speaker shooing away?
2. How long has the speaker been at war?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Ten years
(c) Twelve years
(d) Fifteen years
3. The speaker says it is the "disfigured son of" what?
(b) The Devil
4. Who is the creature's only friend?
(a) His shadow
(c) The firesnakes
(d) His mother
5. Who is the woman the creature killed long ago?
6. Where is the creature going when he leaves his home?
(a) The forest
(b) The moors
(c) The mountains
(d) Hrothgar's Hall
7. What is the creature's name?
8. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(b) Men to eat
9. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
10. Who do the people pray too?
(c) Sticks and stones
11. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
(a) His mother
(c) The Dragon
(d) The Shaper
This section contains 3,258 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)