1. What animal is the speaker shooing away in Chapter 1?
2. How long has Grendel been at war with humans in Chapter 1?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Grendel claims he is the disfigured son of what in Chapter 1?
(c) The Devil.
4. Who is Grendel’s only friend?
(a) His mother.
(b) The firesnakes.
(c) His shadow.
5. Who is the woman that Grendel killed long ago?
6. Where is Grendel going when he leaves his home in Chapter 1?
(a) The forest.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Hrothgar's Hall.
(d) The moors.
7. What is the narrator’s name?
8. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall in Chapter 1?
(c) Men to eat.
9. What color does the narrator say Hrothgar's beard is?
10. What are the workers replacing after Grendel’s attack in Hrothgar’s Hall in Chapter 1?
(a) The door.
(b) The roof.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The moat.
This section contains 3,463 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)