|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Aaron dressed when he comes to Moses and God?
2. Why do the cleaners think God's office is so plain and simple?
3. Before God works another trick for Moses to see, why does Moses stop him?
4. What is Noah doing repeatedly on the floating ark?
5. What does the Babylonian Court look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Moses doing when Abraham suggest he is the right one to lead the Hebrews out of Egypt?
2. What does Gabriel say about God and why he will not simply destroy all men?
3. What does Ham discover when he throws the sounding line over the side of the ark?
4. When God appears in the Babylonian court, what does he say?
5. How does the playwright suggest the Head Magician of Pharaoh's court appear?
6. What is happening on Earth as the play comes to an end?
7. What is happening on the ark after Noah and his family have been on board for a long time?
8. What does Moses say to Pharaoh just before the last trick is performed?
9. When Noah tells Shem to let a dove loose, what does he say about his condition?
10. What does Moses tell God is the best trick he has ever seen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the topic,The Use of Music in THE GREEN PASTURES. If possible listen to the music from a DVD of the movie made in 1936 during the Great Depression. Discuss the quality of the music, the choices of the songs, and the impact of the choir as a soundtrack for both the stage play and the movie.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the topic, The Contrast Between Noah and the People. Your essay should go into the details of the people's behavior that causes God to want to destroy them all; the efforts of Noah to preach to the people; and, finally, the fact that only Noah is disturbed when the people refuse to bury Flatfoot after his murder.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the topic, Two Different Views of God in THE GREEN PASTURES. Discuss the vengeful nature of God in the first part of the play--expulsion from the garden, the flood, the deaths of Egypt's first born, the destruction of Jericho, etc. Part two of the essay includes Hezdrel's view of God and God's smile as Jesus is being crucified.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)