|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God tell Adam and Eve to do?
(a) move to another country.
(b) forget they ever had Cain.
(c) have Seth and more children.
(d) build a fence around their place to keep Cain out.
2. Who announces the approach of God?
(b) preacher Deshee.
(c) the heavenly choir.
3. How is this Adam different from the story in the Bible?
(a) he is wearing work clothes.
(b) he is accompanied by several women.
(c) he is short and ugly.
(d) he has wings like the angels.
4. What does the choir sing as Cain exits?
(a) Run, Sinner, Run
(b) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
(c) Land Across the Jordan
(d) Go Down Moses
5. How are the different scenarios represented in the play?
(a) as Greek tragedies.
(b) as events from the people's actual lives.
(c) as tableaux posed like living statues.
(d) as events in costumes of the Biblical period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cain think God did to him?
2. What does Noah tell God is the problem with men?
3. Where does the title of the play likely come from?
4. What is the girl on the stump doing?
5. How does the story Preacher Deshee tell differ from the Bible story of Cain and Abel?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)