|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God promise Noah?
(a) it will rain 40 days and nights.
(b) there will be an ice storm.
(c) it will never rain again.
(d) he will live to be 1,000 years old.
2. For whom did Cain mistake God?
(a) a preacher.
(b) a cherub.
(c) an archangel.
(d) a policeman.
3. What kind of music accompanies the dialog and action of the play?
(a) old Negro spirituals.
(b) pipe organ music.
(c) New Orleans jazz.
(d) banjo music.
4. What is Carlisle's first question to preacher Deshee?
(a) How long will this class last?
(b) Why did God create the world as it is?
(c) Can I go to the restroom?
(d) Where is heaven?
5. What does the girl do after she gets Cain's attention?
(a) throw rocks at him.
(b) begins to flirt with him.
(c) warn him about tigers.
(d) asks him to help her down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story Preacher Deshee tell differ from the Bible story of Cain and Abel?
2. How does Connelly refer to the girl?
3. What is the setting for the opening scene of the play?
4. Who are the characters participating in the heavenly fish fry?
5. What is Cain's excuse for what he did to Abel?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)