|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the title of the play likely come from?
(a) the land of milk and honey.
(b) the shepherds that visited baby Jesus.
(c) the agricultural countryside of Louisiana.
(d) the 23rd Psalm.
2. How does Connelly refer to the girl?
(a) Cain's Girl.
(b) Tree Girl.
(d) Nancy Nod.
3. What does the girl do after she gets Cain's attention?
(a) throw rocks at him.
(b) asks him to help her down.
(c) warn him about tigers.
(d) begins to flirt with him.
4. What question does God pose to everyone?
(a) Is you getting enough to eat?
(b) Does you believe?
(c) Is you been baptized?
(d) Has you been good?
5. What theatrical device is used to bring Eve onto the stage?
(a) a smoke bomb goes off.
(b) the lights dim and come back up again.
(c) a trap door lifts her out onto the stage.
(d) the curtain closes and reopens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters participating in the heavenly fish fry?
2. What does God tell Cain to do?
3. Far away from God, what does Cain see?
4. What does Cain say about flinging a rock at Abel?
5. What does preacher Deshee call Cain?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)