|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the choir sing as Cain exits?
(a) Run, Sinner, Run
(b) Go Down Moses
(c) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
(d) Land Across the Jordan
2. How is this Adam different from the story in the Bible?
(a) he is short and ugly.
(b) he is wearing work clothes.
(c) he is accompanied by several women.
(d) he has wings like the angels.
3. Who are the characters participating in the heavenly fish fry?
(a) black angels of all sizes and sexes.
(b) God, Gabriel, and the Archangel.
(c) preacher Deshee's congregation.
(d) Adam, Moses, and Seth.
4. How are the different scenarios represented in the play?
(a) as events in costumes of the Biblical period.
(b) as tableaux posed like living statues.
(c) as Greek tragedies.
(d) as events from the people's actual lives.
5. What kind of music accompanies the dialog and action of the play?
(a) New Orleans jazz.
(b) banjo music.
(c) pipe organ music.
(d) old Negro spirituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does God pose to everyone?
2. After talking awhile, where do Cain and the girl go?
3. How does preacher Deshee begin his lesson?
4. What does Cain say about flinging a rock at Abel?
5. What is it that Adam asks God?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)