|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
2. What is a Kidogo?
3. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
4. Who is the tragedian of the party?
5. What is the single thing that lasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
2. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
3. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
4. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
5. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
6. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
7. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
8. How does the author initially react to this new country?
9. How is The Roman able to assist the hunt?
10. What are the consequences of the stampede?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Hemingway is competitive? How does this impact on his relationship with Karl?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters and examine Hemingway's opinions of them at the start of the book. Compare how his feelings towards them have changed by the end of the narrative. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)