Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
2. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
3. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
5. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
Essay Topic 1
What do the opening chapters say about Hemingway's character? What goals does Hemingway have to achieve? How close does Hemingway's character get to achieving those goals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Pop and P.O.M.. Examine how this relationship affects Hemingway. How does this compare to Hemingway's interaction with his wife?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)