|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
2. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
3. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
4. Which town is like a German garrison?
5. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
2. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
3. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
4. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
5. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
6. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
7. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
8. What are the consequences of the stampede?
9. How is The Roman able to assist the hunt?
10. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Hemingway suggest has influenced his life? What writers does he mention and why? What standing did Hemingway have in the Thirties as a writer?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Hemingway is competitive? How does this impact on his relationship with Karl?
Essay Topic 3
What do the opening chapters say about Hemingway's character? What goals does Hemingway have to achieve? How close does Hemingway's character get to achieving those goals?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)