|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
2. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
3. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
4. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
5. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
2. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
3. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
4. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
5. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
6. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
7. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
8. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
9. What does this new country reveal to the author?
10. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hemingway depict the natives in the book? How does today's society view Hemingway's depiction of the natives? Do you think his portrayal is accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Hemingway is competitive? How does this impact on his relationship with Karl?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)