|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
2. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
3. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
5. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the differences between Hemingway and Karl. How are their approaches different? What are their strengths and weaknesses as hunters?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Hemingway so affected by the successes of Karl? Do the students think Hemingway treats Karl in a fair manner? To what extent does Hemingway feel a sense of guilt? What factors influence this guilt?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)