|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
2. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
3. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
4. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
5. What is a Tembo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
2. How does the author initially react to this new country?
3. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
4. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
5. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
6. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
7. Does the author look forward to going back home?
8. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
9. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
10. What effect does Karl have on the author when the party reaches the new camp?
Essay Topic 1
If the book were being made into a film, how could Hemingway's literary style be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
Essay Topic 2
Hemingway has differing rapport with each of the natives he encounters. Who does he like and why? Who does he not like and why?
Essay Topic 3
The book is written in first person narrative. Why do you think Hemingway chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)