|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a panga?
(a) A long knife to cut brush with.
(b) A beaver dam.
(c) A wet track.
(d) A double-bitted axe.
2. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(b) Mount Kenya.
(d) M'Cola's country.
3. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Babati in Kenya.
(b) Barcelona in Spain.
(c) Aragon in Spain.
(d) Mount Kenya.
4. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) It is getting too dark.
(b) They have run out of ammunition.
(c) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(d) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
5. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) His kudu is ugly.
(b) The hunting party find him annoying.
(c) There are no kudu left.
(d) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
2. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
3. Who can tell the longest story?
4. What is the first animal they see in this country?
5. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
2. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
3. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
4. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
5. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
6. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
7. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
8. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
9. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
10. What does this new country reveal to the author?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)