|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Kidogo?
(a) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(b) A great kudu bull.
(c) A female kudu.
(d) The perfect one shot kill.
2. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) A camel fly.
(b) Praying mantis.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) Tsetse flies.
3. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Trades them for supplies.
(b) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
(c) Gives them to the local charity.
(d) Sells them to the highest bidder.
4. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Barcelona in Spain.
(c) Aragon in Spain.
(d) Babati in Kenya.
5. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(b) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(c) They are rushed and out of time.
(d) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
2. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
3. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
5. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
2. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
3. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
4. What does this new country reveal to the author?
5. What time period does the narrative return to?
6. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
7. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
8. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
9. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
10. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)