|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the best Safari book?
2. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(b) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(c) Hemingway tells him to.
(d) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
3. What is a shenzi?
(a) The hottest part of the day.
(b) A wild man.
(c) The command to shut someone up.
(d) A bad salt lick.
4. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its ears.
(b) On its long legs.
(c) Between its eyes.
(d) At the tip of its muzzle.
5. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(b) Kamau the Kikuyu.
(d) The uneducated Garrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the tragedian of the party?
2. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
3. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
4. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
5. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
2. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
3. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
4. What time period does the narrative return to?
5. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
6. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
7. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
8. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
9. How does the author initially react to this new country?
10. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)