|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Bushbuck hunting.
(b) Catching birds.
(c) Impala hunting.
(d) Where there is luck involved.
2. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A quail-shooting coat.
(b) His stetson hat.
(c) White khaki shorts.
(d) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
3. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
(b) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
(c) Teal startled by the hunters.
(d) The setting of the afternoon sun.
4. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(b) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(c) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(d) Light coming from their torchlight.
5. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Hunt kudu bull.
(c) Drink chai tea.
(d) Hunt sable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
2. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
3. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
4. What is a shenzi?
5. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)