|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Kidogo?
(a) A great kudu bull.
(b) The perfect one shot kill.
(c) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(d) A female kudu.
2. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) Empty condoms of our great loves.
(b) The clear and blue coast.
(c) The stream.
(d) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
3. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(b) It is not attractive.
(c) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(d) It is not big enough.
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
(b) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(c) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(d) The sight of blood makes him ill.
5. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A quail-shooting coat.
(b) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(c) His stetson hat.
(d) White khaki shorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
2. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
3. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
4. What is a panga?
5. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
2. What does this new country reveal to the author?
3. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
4. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
5. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
6. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
7. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
8. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
9. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
10. How is The Roman able to assist the hunt?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)