|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) He shot a prize oryx.
(b) He found his wife.
(c) A lion nearly got him.
(d) A kudu charged him.
2. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Rosemary in the sun.
(b) Sage in the spring.
(c) Marjoram in winter.
(d) Thyme after rain.
3. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Fisi.
(b) B'wana Doktor.
(c) B'wana Simba.
(d) Mama Tziggi.
4. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(b) His stetson hat.
(c) White khaki shorts.
(d) A quail-shooting coat.
5. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) Natives never lie.
(b) He tells it very straight.
(c) He looks very reputable.
(d) They are drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
2. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
3. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
4. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
5. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
2. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
3. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
4. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
5. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
6. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
7. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
8. What does this new country reveal to the author?
9. What are the consequences of the stampede?
10. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)