|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A huge lion.
(b) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(c) A marvellous leopard.
(d) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
2. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) He looks very reputable.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) Natives never lie.
(d) He tells it very straight.
3. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(b) Mount Kenya.
(c) M'Cola's country.
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) Mama Tziggi.
(b) B'wana Doktor.
(c) B'wana Simba.
(d) B'wana Fisi.
5. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(b) A wet salt lick.
(d) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
2. What is the first animal they see in this country?
3. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
4. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
5. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
2. What are the consequences of the stampede?
3. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
4. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
5. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
6. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
7. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
8. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
9. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
10. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)