|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(c) M'Cola's country.
2. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) Twice as big.
(b) Thrice as big.
(c) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
(d) The same size.
3. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the thumb.
(b) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(c) The pulling of the middle finger.
(d) The pulling of the index finger.
4. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(b) Black kudu bull horns.
(c) A hat made of locusts.
(d) Black and white ostrich plume.
5. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Sage in the spring.
(b) Marjoram in winter.
(c) Rosemary in the sun.
(d) Thyme after rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
2. Who writes the best Safari book?
3. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
4. Which town is like a German garrison?
5. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
2. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
3. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
4. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
5. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
6. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
7. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
8. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
9. What time period does the narrative return to?
10. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)