|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(b) Black and white ostrich plume.
(c) Black kudu bull horns.
(d) A hat made of locusts.
2. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
(b) Teal startled by the hunters.
(c) The setting of the afternoon sun.
(d) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
3. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) Garrick recommends it.
(b) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(c) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(d) The last hour can be the best hour.
4. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Bushbuck hunting.
(b) Impala hunting.
(c) Where there is luck involved.
(d) Catching birds.
5. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) It is getting too dark.
(b) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(c) They have run out of ammunition.
(d) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
2. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
3. Where was the last time they had ducks?
4. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
5. What did Mama not know about Pop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
2. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
3. What time period does the narrative return to?
4. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
5. What does this new country reveal to the author?
6. What are the consequences of the stampede?
7. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
8. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
9. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
10. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)