|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Fisi.
(b) Mama Tziggi.
(c) B'wana Doktor.
(d) B'wana Simba.
2. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Black and white ostrich plume.
(b) A hat made of locusts.
(c) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(d) Black kudu bull horns.
3. What are the finest birds to eat?
(a) Rose-coloured flamingo.
(c) Dark ibis.
(d) Guinea hen.
4. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) A kongoni.
(b) An eland.
(c) An oryx.
(d) A zebra.
5. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(b) Garrick recommends it.
(c) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(d) The last hour can be the best hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which town is like a German garrison?
2. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
3. What did Mama not know about Pop?
4. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
5. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
2. What are the consequences of the stampede?
3. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
4. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
5. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
6. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
7. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
8. What time period does the narrative return to?
9. What does this new country reveal to the author?
10. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)