|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Rival hunters taking all the game.
2. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
3. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) Food is more plentiful.
(b) Only big elephants migrate there.
(c) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
(d) They are too hard to hunt.
4. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its eyes.
(b) At the tip of its muzzle.
(c) On its long legs.
(d) Between its ears.
5. Who writes the best Safari book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an askari?
2. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
3. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
4. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
5. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
2. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
3. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
4. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
5. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
6. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
7. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
8. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
9. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
10. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)