|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) There are no kudu left.
(b) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
(c) His kudu is ugly.
(d) The hunting party find him annoying.
2. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Kalahari antelope.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Grant's gazelles.
(d) Masai donkeys.
3. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
(b) They are too hard to hunt.
(c) Only big elephants migrate there.
(d) Food is more plentiful.
4. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
5. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) It is getting too dark.
(b) They have run out of ammunition.
(c) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(d) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
2. Which town is like a German garrison?
3. What is an askari?
4. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
5. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is The Roman able to assist the hunt?
2. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
3. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
4. What time period does the narrative return to?
5. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
6. What does this new country reveal to the author?
7. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
8. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
9. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
10. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)