|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(b) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(c) The last hour can be the best hour.
(d) Garrick recommends it.
2. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
(b) Only big elephants migrate there.
(c) They are too hard to hunt.
(d) Food is more plentiful.
3. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) To save ammunition.
(b) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
(c) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(d) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(b) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(d) A wet salt lick.
5. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(b) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(c) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(d) They are rushed and out of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
2. What is a Kidogo?
3. Who is the tragedian of the party?
4. Who writes the best Safari book?
5. What are the finest birds to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
2. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
3. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
4. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
5. How does the author initially react to this new country?
6. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
7. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
8. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
9. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
10. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)