|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A garbage picker.
(b) A well-inflated dog.
(c) A history student.
2. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
3. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) The morning.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) At lunch time.
(d) Early afternoon.
4. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(b) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(c) Light coming from their torchlight.
(d) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
5. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(b) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(c) A wet salt lick.
(d) Fear that he will not find kudu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
2. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
3. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
4. Why is the warthog so exciting?
5. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
2. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
3. What time period does the narrative return to?
4. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
5. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
6. What are the consequences of the stampede?
7. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
8. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
9. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
10. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)