|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Kidogo?
(a) The perfect one shot kill.
(b) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(c) A female kudu.
(d) A great kudu bull.
2. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(a) M'Cola's country.
(c) Mount Kenya.
3. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(b) Abdullah the tracker.
4. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
5. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) The Southern Cross.
(b) His own reflection.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) His wife's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
2. Who writes the best Safari book?
3. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
4. Why are the elephant down south so big?
5. Who is as accurate as an historian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
2. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
3. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
4. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
5. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
6. What time period does the narrative return to?
7. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
8. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
9. How does the author initially react to this new country?
10. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)