|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
(b) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
(c) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(d) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
2. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A feathered spear.
(b) A leather pouch filled with water.
(c) A white rabbit.
(d) A lock of red-stained hair.
3. Who can tell the longest story?
(a) The Roman.
(c) Carlos the Cuban.
4. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Rival hunters taking all the game.
5. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(b) They are rushed and out of time.
(c) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(d) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
2. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
3. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
4. Who is the tragedian of the party?
5. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
2. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
3. How is The Roman able to assist the hunt?
4. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
5. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
6. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
7. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
8. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
9. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
10. How does the author initially react to this new country?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)