|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(b) Abdullah the tracker.
2. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(b) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
(c) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
(d) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
3. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) A kudu charged him.
(b) A lion nearly got him.
(c) He shot a prize oryx.
(d) He found his wife.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(c) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(d) A wet salt lick.
5. Who can tell the longest story?
(a) Carlos the Cuban.
(c) The Roman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
2. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
3. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
4. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
5. What is the first animal they see in this country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
2. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
3. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
4. What are the consequences of the stampede?
5. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
6. What does this new country reveal to the author?
7. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
8. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
9. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
10. What time period does the narrative return to?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)