|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the middle finger.
(b) The pulling of the index finger.
(c) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(d) The pulling of the thumb.
2. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) It runs from them with great speed.
(b) The tusks are extremely large.
(c) They have never seen one before.
(d) It does not run from them.
3. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Rival hunters taking all the game.
4. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) The morning.
(c) At lunch time.
(d) Late in the evening.
5. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) An African mosquito.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A Spanish camel fly.
(d) Bull elk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
2. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
3. What is an askari?
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
5. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
2. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
3. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
4. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
5. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
6. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
7. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
8. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
9. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
10. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)