|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) They have never seen one before.
(b) It does not run from them.
(c) The tusks are extremely large.
(d) It runs from them with great speed.
2. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(b) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(c) Light coming from their torchlight.
(d) The breeze is scattering their scent.
3. What is a panga?
(a) A double-bitted axe.
(b) A beaver dam.
(c) A long knife to cut brush with.
(d) A wet track.
4. Which town is like a German garrison?
(a) Cairo Cape.
(c) Steppes Masai.
5. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(b) A wet salt lick.
(c) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(d) Fear that he will not find kudu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
2. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
3. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
4. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
5. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
2. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
3. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
4. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
5. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
6. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
7. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
8. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
9. How does the author initially react to this new country?
10. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)