|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the thumb.
(b) The pulling of the middle finger.
(c) The pulling of the index finger.
(d) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
2. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(b) They are rushed and out of time.
(c) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(d) To save the Masai from humiliation.
3. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
(a) The area if full of chickens.
(b) He doesn't trust The Roman.
(c) There is no fence to protect them.
(d) He is scared of bugs.
4. What is a panga?
(a) A long knife to cut brush with.
(b) A beaver dam.
(c) A double-bitted axe.
(d) A wet track.
5. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(b) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(c) A marvellous leopard.
(d) A huge lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
2. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
3. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
4. What is an askari?
5. Who writes the best Safari book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
2. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
3. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
4. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
5. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
6. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
7. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
8. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
9. What does this new country reveal to the author?
10. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)