|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(b) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(c) Light coming from their torchlight.
(d) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
2. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(b) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(c) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(d) Hemingway tells him to.
3. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(c) M'Cola's country.
(d) Mount Kenya.
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Doktor.
(b) B'wana Simba.
(c) B'wana Fisi.
(d) Mama Tziggi.
5. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(b) Garrick recommends it.
(c) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(d) The last hour can be the best hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
2. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
3. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
4. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
5. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
2. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
3. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
4. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
5. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
6. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
7. How does the author initially react to this new country?
8. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
9. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
10. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)