|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A lock of red-stained hair.
(c) A feathered spear.
(d) A leather pouch filled with water.
2. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Females have stripes.
(b) They are different colors.
(c) Only the male has horns.
(d) The male is a lot larger.
3. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) Tsetse flies.
(c) A camel fly.
(d) Praying mantis.
4. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(a) Kamau the Kikuyu.
(d) The uneducated Garrick.
5. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) A kudu charged him.
(b) He found his wife.
(c) He shot a prize oryx.
(d) A lion nearly got him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
2. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
3. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
4. Who is the tragedian of the party?
5. Which town is like a German garrison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
2. How does the author come to meet The Roman?
3. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
4. How does the author initially react to this new country?
5. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
6. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
7. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
8. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
9. What is the significance of the arrival of the elderly native hunter?
10. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)