|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Fisi.
(b) B'wana Doktor.
(c) Mama Tziggi.
(d) B'wana Simba.
2. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) An African mosquito.
(c) A Spanish camel fly.
(d) Bull elk.
3. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) His stetson hat.
(b) White khaki shorts.
(c) A quail-shooting coat.
(d) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
4. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
(b) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(c) To save ammunition.
(d) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
5. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(b) Garrick recommends it.
(c) The last hour can be the best hour.
(d) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
2. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
3. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
4. Who can tell the longest story?
5. What is a shenzi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
2. How is the author affected by his confrontation with Karl?
3. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
4. How is the author's confidence affected by his successful kudu hunt?
5. What is said between he author and Pop in their alcohol fueled conversation?
6. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
7. What time period does the narrative return to?
8. How does Karl end up with the right to hunt the salt lick?
9. What are the consequences of the stampede?
10. What effect does this realization have upon the author?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)