|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) A Tyrolese hat.
(c) An army beret.
(d) A tophat.
2. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their beaks off.
(c) Cut their heads off.
(d) Cut their feet off.
3. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
4. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are well camouflaged.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are very fast.
(d) They are very shy.
5. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A large rhino.
(c) A tsetse fly.
(d) A baby rhino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
3. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
4. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
5. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
2. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
3. How does the presence of Garrick affect the hunt?
4. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
5. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
6. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
7. How does discovery of the slain kudu surprise the author?
8. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
9. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
10. What time period does the narrative return to?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)