|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(d) The shot missed.
2. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
3. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) The P.O.M.
(c) Mr P.O.M.
(d) Mr. J.P.
4. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(c) The Sargeant.
(d) The Colonel.
5. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) When he thinks of other people.
(b) That he has been very lucky.
(c) Being in the Prado.
(d) Doing nothing for other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
3. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
4. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
2. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
3. How are the author and his wife affected by the sound of the dying buffalo?
4. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
5. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
6. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
7. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
8. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
9. How successful is their search?
10. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)