|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The Sargeant.
2. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he is an awful tracker.
(b) That he loves getting drunk.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he hates riding in cars.
3. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(c) The Memsahib.
4. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(b) Karl himself.
5. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Mannlicher.
(b) He isn't using a gun.
(c) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(d) A Springfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
2. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
3. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
4. Where would you go for big rhino?
5. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
2. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
3. Why does the author have tension with M'cola?
4. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
5. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
6. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
7. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
8. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
9. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
10. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)