|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) Pop and Hemingway.
(b) Hemingway and himself.
(c) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(d) Himself and Charo.
2. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a cow rhino.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) The horn is too small.
(d) It is a calf rhino.
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(b) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(c) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(d) He can smell where they are.
5. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(c) The P.O.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
2. What drink is the finest one there is?
3. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
4. Who writes Spanish Gold?
5. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
2. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
3. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
4. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
5. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
6. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
9. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
10. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)