|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A civil war.
(b) A world war.
(c) A gang war.
(d) A religious war.
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(a) No one.
3. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(b) The skinner.
(c) Karl himself.
4. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(c) He isn't using a gun.
(d) A Mannlicher.
5. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is Austrian.
(b) He is South African.
(c) He is Swahili.
(d) He is bloody English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
2. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
5. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
2. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
3. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
4. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
5. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
6. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
7. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
8. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
9. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
10. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)