|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(b) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(c) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
3. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) The Rift Valley.
(c) Lake Manyara.
(d) Handeni country.
4. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They carry it between them on a sling.
(b) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(c) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
5. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are writers forged?
2. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
3. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
4. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
5. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
2. How does the second sable bull elude the hunting party?
3. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
4. How successful is their search?
5. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
6. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
7. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
8. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
9. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
10. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)