|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(b) The Mannlicher.
(c) The Springfield.
(d) His heavy 470.
2. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
3. Who wrote The Cornet?
(c) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(d) Heinrich Mann.
4. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
5. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Draped white cloth.
(b) Quivers of arrows.
(c) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
2. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
3. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
4. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
5. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
2. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
3. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
4. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
5. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
6. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
7. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
8. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
9. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
10. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)