|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) They see its horn above the grass.
(b) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(c) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
(d) They hear its grunt.
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Tyrolese hat.
(b) A Swahili hunting cap.
(c) An army beret.
(d) A tophat.
3. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
4. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A baby rhino.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A tsetse fly.
(d) A large rhino.
5. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A gang war.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A religious war.
(d) A world war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
2. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
3. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
4. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
5. Where would you go for big rhino?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
2. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
3. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
4. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
5. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
6. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
7. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
8. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
9. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
10. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)