|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(b) The Memsahib.
2. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
3. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He takes off his hat.
(b) He retrieves a heavier gun.
(d) He removes his clothing.
4. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a hyena.
(b) Shooting a guinea.
(c) Eating a hyena.
(d) Eating a guinea.
5. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Sinclair Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
2. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
3. Where would you go for big rhino?
4. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
5. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
2. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
3. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
4. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
5. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
6. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
7. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
8. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
9. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
10. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)