|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) The scent of their skin.
(b) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(c) Their tracks along the tunnel.
(d) The sound made by their shooting.
2. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) A large rhino.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A baby rhino.
3. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
4. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(b) His glasses fogging up.
(c) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(d) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
5. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
2. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
3. Where would you go for big rhino?
4. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
5. What nationality is Kandisky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
2. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
3. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
4. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
5. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
6. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
7. Why does the author have tension with M'cola?
8. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
9. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
10. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)