|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(b) The Memsahib.
2. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
3. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) Karl himself.
(d) The skinner.
4. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a rhino.
(b) It is a greater giraffe.
(c) It is an elephant.
(d) It is a lesser kudu bull.
5. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) Himself and Charo.
(b) Hemingway and himself.
(c) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(d) Pop and Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
2. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
3. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
4. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
5. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
2. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
3. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
4. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
5. How successful is their search?
6. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
7. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
8. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
9. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
10. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)