Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
2. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(c) The Memsahib.
3. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) Mama following them from behind.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) A branch falling suddenly.
(d) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
4. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(b) Droopy tells him not to.
(c) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(d) He has already shot too many.
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) His heavy 470.
(b) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(c) The Mannlicher.
(d) The Springfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Kandisky?
2. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
3. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author initially react to this new country?
2. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
3. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
4. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
5. How does the party react upon discovery of the first sable bull?
6. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
7. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
8. What are the consequences of the stampede?
9. What is the significance of the overnight rain?
10. What does this new country reveal to the author?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)