|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Eating a hyena.
(b) Eating a guinea.
(c) Shooting a hyena.
(d) Shooting a guinea.
2. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
3. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(b) Karl himself.
4. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(b) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(c) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(d) They don't like how much he is gloating.
5. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(a) Sinclair Lewis.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
2. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
3. Who wrote The Cornet?
4. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
5. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
2. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
3. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
4. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
5. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
6. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
7. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
8. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
9. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
10. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)