|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A world war.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A gang war.
(d) A religious war.
2. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) An oryx.
(b) A wildebeest.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A kudu bull.
3. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
4. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(b) It is his mother's birthday.
(c) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(d) It is the last safe date to leave.
5. What are they travelling away from?
(a) The rains from the south.
(b) The heat.
(c) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(d) The famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Tembo?
2. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
3. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
4. What scares Hemingway sick?
5. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
2. How are the author and his wife affected by the sound of the dying buffalo?
3. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
4. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
5. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
6. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
7. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
8. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
9. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
10. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)