|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
(a) It is like a second wife.
(b) It is his life's joy.
(c) She is too much trouble.
(d) She is the apple of his eye.
3. What is a Shamba?
(a) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(b) A person who raises a sisal.
(c) A plantation.
(d) It is a disease.
4. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(b) His heavy 470.
(c) The Springfield.
(d) The Mannlicher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is the finest one there is?
2. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
3. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
4. What was the local guide chased by?
5. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the arrow found at the salt lick?
2. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
3. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
4. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
5. What effect does Karl have on the author when the party reaches the new camp?
6. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
7. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
8. How does the return of Karl with his first kudu affect the camp?
9. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
10. How successful is their search?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)