|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is an elephant.
(b) It is a rhino.
(c) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(d) It is a greater giraffe.
2. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is twice the age.
(c) It is half the age.
(d) It is half the size.
3. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Handeni country.
(b) Lake Manyara.
(c) The Rift Valley.
(d) Mount Kenya.
4. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(b) Karl himself.
(d) The skinner.
5. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not drink.
(b) He is a wine connoisseur.
(c) He does not smoke.
(d) He smokes only occasionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
2. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
3. What type of war is the best for a writer?
4. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
5. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
2. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
3. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
4. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
5. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
6. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
7. How are the author and his wife affected by the sound of the dying buffalo?
8. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
9. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
10. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)