|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(a) A Catholic priest.
2. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) An oryx.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A wildebeest.
(d) A kudu bull.
3. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) Pop and Hemingway.
(b) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(c) Hemingway and himself.
(d) Himself and Charo.
4. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
5. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has never been read.
(b) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(c) A prose that has been written too many times.
(d) A prose that has never been written.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
2. Why does the rhino appear so red?
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
4. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
5. Where would you go for big rhino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
2. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
3. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
4. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
5. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
6. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
7. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
8. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
9. How successful is their search?
10. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)