|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
(a) A yellow buffalo on a black label.
(b) A horseman in armor.
(c) A black rhino on a yellow label.
(d) A hunting cap.
2. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(c) George A. Buckingham.
3. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Eating a guinea.
(b) Shooting a guinea.
(c) Shooting a hyena.
(d) Eating a hyena.
4. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Lake Manyara.
(b) Mount Kenya.
(c) Handeni country.
(d) The Rift Valley.
5. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(d) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Kandisky?
2. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
4. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
5. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
2. How does the author compare M'cola and Droopy?
3. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
4. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
5. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
6. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
7. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
8. How does the author initially react to seeing the new hunting country Droopy guides them to?
9. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
10. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)