|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) There is no horn.
(b) It is a cow rhino.
(c) It is a calf rhino.
(d) The horn is too small.
2. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Tyrolese.
(b) A Stetson.
(c) He is not wearing a hat.
(d) A fedora.
3. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) Confidence in his shooting ability.
(b) The sound of its bellow.
(c) The bull makes no sound.
(d) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
4. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
5. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
2. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
3. What scares Hemingway sick?
4. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
5. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
2. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
3. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
4. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
5. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
6. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
9. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
10. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)