|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(b) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(c) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
3. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The first one.
(b) The second one.
(c) No drink at all.
(d) The last round.
4. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(b) George A. Buckingham.
(d) Heinrich Mann.
5. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(c) The local guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
4. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
5. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
2. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
3. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
4. How successful is their search?
5. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
6. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
7. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
8. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
9. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
10. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)