|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a calf rhino.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) It is a cow rhino.
(d) The horn is too small.
2. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A machete.
3. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(a) The Colonel.
(d) The Sargeant.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Doing nothing for other people.
(b) When he thinks of other people.
(c) Being in the Prado.
(d) That he has been very lucky.
5. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(a) The Memsahib.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
2. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
3. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
4. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
5. What are they travelling away from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
2. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
3. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
4. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
5. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
6. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
7. What affect does this new camp have on author and Karl?
8. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
9. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
10. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)