|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
2. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A wildebeest.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A kudu bull.
3. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(c) The local guide.
4. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Eating a hyena.
(b) Eating a guinea.
(c) Shooting a guinea.
(d) Shooting a hyena.
5. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(a) The Memsahib.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
2. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
3. What are they travelling away from?
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
5. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
2. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
3. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
4. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
5. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
6. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
7. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
8. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
9. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
10. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)