|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
(a) The White Hunter.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The ant lions.
(d) The rhino.
2. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
3. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He removes his clothing.
(c) He takes off his hat.
(d) He retrieves a heavier gun.
4. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(c) Heinrich Mann.
(d) George A. Buckingham.
5. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(c) The local guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Tembo?
2. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
3. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
4. What was the local guide chased by?
5. Where are writers forged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hemingway's opinion of American writing?
2. How are the author and his wife affected by the sound of the dying buffalo?
3. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
4. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
5. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
6. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
7. What effect does this camp in the hunt for kudu?
8. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
9. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
10. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)