|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
2. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
3. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt kudu.
(b) He is told to hunt meat.
(c) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(d) He will now hunt the oryx.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Doing nothing for other people.
(b) That he has been very lucky.
(c) When he thinks of other people.
(d) Being in the Prado.
5. What scares Hemingway sick?
(a) Large rhino.
(c) Steep ravines.
(d) Riding in cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
2. What are they travelling away from?
3. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
4. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
5. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
2. What is the significance of Tolstoy on this trip?
3. What are the author's thoughts about Charo at this stage?
4. How are the author and his wife affected by the sound of the dying buffalo?
5. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
6. How does the author, Pop and Mama initially react to the shooting of the first rhino?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. What opinions do the author, Pop and Mama reveal about Karl?
9. How do the author and Karl finally bag their oryx?
10. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)