|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A sticking knife.
(c) A skinning knife.
(d) A pen knife.
2. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
(a) Pop's Mannlicher.
(b) Pop's four-fifty two.
(c) Hemingway's four-seventy.
(d) Mama's Mannlicher.
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(b) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
4. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(b) The Mannlicher.
(c) The Springfield.
(d) His heavy 470.
5. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The Aga Khan.
(b) American women.
(c) The natives.
(d) The East Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
2. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
3. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
4. What drink is the finest one there is?
5. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breaks the author's resolve to pursue the second sable bull?
2. Why does The Roman's brother join the author's hunting party?
3. How does the Tolstoy book the author read affect him?
4. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
5. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
6. Does Pop's earlier advice have any effect on the hunt?
7. What causes the author to return to camp angry?
8. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
9. What causes the tense confrontation between Karl and the author?
10. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)