|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) An army beret.
(c) A tophat.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
2. What is a Shamba?
(a) A person who raises a sisal.
(b) It is a disease.
(c) A plantation.
(d) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) From rolling in the mud.
(b) The color of the dusk sun.
(c) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(d) The rhinos are angry.
4. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To welcome nearby hunters.
(b) To scare off leopards.
(c) To kill the tsetse flies.
(d) To attract the rhino.
5. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Bwana.
(b) The M'Cola.
(c) The Abdullah.
(d) The Wanderobo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
2. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
3. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
4. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
5. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
2. Why does the author have tension with M'cola?
3. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
4. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
5. What is Karl's mood when the party encounters him again?
6. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. What reason does Droopy give for stopping Hemingway shooting the rhino?
9. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
10. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)