|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
2. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is half the size.
(b) It is half the age.
(c) It is twice the size.
(d) It is twice the age.
3. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) The sound made by their shooting.
(b) The scent of their skin.
(c) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(d) Their tracks along the tunnel.
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(b) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(c) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(d) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
5. Where are writers forged?
(a) In injustice.
(b) At the library.
(c) In university.
(d) In the blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they travelling away from?
2. Why does the rhino appear so red?
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
4. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the group's lion hunt have on the hunting party?
2. What happens when Kandinsky visits Hemingway's camp?
3. Why do the author and Pop refuse their baths?
4. Why does the author have tension with M'cola?
5. How successful is their search?
6. How does the author manage to detect the rhino before his trackers do?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. Why does the author shoot his oryx without first consulting Karl?
9. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
10. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)