|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
2. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The East Indians.
(b) The Aga Khan.
(c) The natives.
(d) American women.
3. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a cow rhino.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) The horn is too small.
(d) It is a calf rhino.
4. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
(a) A hunting cap.
(b) A yellow buffalo on a black label.
(c) A horseman in armor.
(d) A black rhino on a yellow label.
5. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(b) A Springfield.
(c) A Mannlicher.
(d) He isn't using a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
4. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
5. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
Short Essay Questions
1. When are Pop and Mama introduced?
2. What is Hemingway's relationship with M'cola like?
3. What happens when the author returns to camp with his rhino?
4. What is Karl's emotional state when he joins the author's hunting party?
5. What does Kandinsky say to Hemingway when he first meets him?
6. What reasons does Hemingway give for tracking the lion?
7. How is the author surprised by the original wounded buffalo?
8. How do Kandinsky and Hemingway meet?
9. Why does the author have tension with M'cola?
10. What causes the hunting party to hunt so unusually long into the day?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)