|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) A kongoni.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A zebra.
(d) An eland.
2. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
(a) He is scared of bugs.
(b) He doesn't trust The Roman.
(c) The area if full of chickens.
(d) There is no fence to protect them.
3. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(b) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
(c) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
(d) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(b) A wet salt lick.
(d) Fear that he will not find kudu.
5. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Aragon in Spain.
(c) Barcelona in Spain.
(d) Babati in Kenya.
6. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A quail-shooting coat.
(b) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(c) His stetson hat.
(d) White khaki shorts.
7. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
(b) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(c) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(d) To save ammunition.
8. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) The same size.
(b) Thrice as big.
(c) Twice as big.
(d) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
9. Who can tell the longest story?
(b) The Roman.
(c) Carlos the Cuban.
10. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(b) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(c) They are rushed and out of time.
(d) To save the Masai from humiliation.
11. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its ears.
(b) At the tip of its muzzle.
(c) Between its eyes.
(d) On its long legs.
12. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Bushbuck hunting.
(b) Impala hunting.
(c) Catching birds.
(d) Where there is luck involved.
13. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(b) It is not attractive.
(c) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(d) It is not big enough.
14. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
15. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(d) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
2. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
3. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
4. What is an askari?
5. Who is as accurate as an historian?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)