|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
(a) It has not yet grown into a doumi.
(b) It is too big for them to kill.
(c) They cannot keep up with it.
(d) It is actually a cow.
2. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
(b) Sells them to the highest bidder.
(c) Trades them for supplies.
(d) Gives them to the local charity.
3. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the index finger.
(b) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(c) The pulling of the thumb.
(d) The pulling of the middle finger.
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Fisi.
(b) B'wana Simba.
(c) B'wana Doktor.
(d) Mama Tziggi.
5. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A lock of red-stained hair.
(c) A leather pouch filled with water.
(d) A feathered spear.
6. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Babati in Kenya.
(b) Aragon in Spain.
(c) Mount Kenya.
(d) Barcelona in Spain.
7. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(b) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(c) They have run out of ammunition.
(d) It is getting too dark.
8. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) He tells it very straight.
(b) Natives never lie.
(c) They are drunk.
(d) He looks very reputable.
9. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) The Southern Cross.
10. What is an askari?
(a) The lesser bull that guards the greater kudu.
(b) The greater kudu bull that guards the lesser kudu.
(c) A greater kudu bull that escapes.
(d) A lesser kudu bull that escapes.
11. What is a shenzi?
(a) A bad salt lick.
(b) The hottest part of the day.
(c) The command to shut someone up.
(d) A wild man.
12. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) The meat is far more delicious.
(b) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(c) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(d) For shooting practice.
13. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
14. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Impala hunting.
(b) Where there is luck involved.
(c) Bushbuck hunting.
(d) Catching birds.
15. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) The presence of Garrick.
(b) Not enough bullets.
(c) Being hungover from whiskey.
(d) Drinking spoilt beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
2. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
3. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
4. What is a panga?
5. Why is the warthog so exciting?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)