|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) The presence of Garrick.
(b) Drinking spoilt beer.
(c) Not enough bullets.
(d) Being hungover from whiskey.
2. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
(b) Food is more plentiful.
(c) They are too hard to hunt.
(d) Only big elephants migrate there.
3. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) A hat made of locusts.
(b) Black and white ostrich plume.
(c) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(d) Black kudu bull horns.
4. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(a) In Droopy's country.
(b) The Serengeti.
(c) At the first camp.
5. What is a shenzi?
(a) A bad salt lick.
(b) A wild man.
(c) The command to shut someone up.
(d) The hottest part of the day.
6. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(b) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(c) The meat is far more delicious.
(d) For shooting practice.
7. What did Mama not know about Pop?
(a) He writes.
(b) He has traveled to Alaska.
(c) He once lived in Nairobi.
(d) He is actually English.
8. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) An African mosquito.
(c) Bull elk.
(d) A Spanish camel fly.
9. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) The morning.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) At lunch time.
10. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) A French riot.
(b) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(c) A revolution.
(d) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
11. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(c) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(d) A wet salt lick.
12. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
(b) Sells them to the highest bidder.
(c) Gives them to the local charity.
(d) Trades them for supplies.
13. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Grant's gazelles.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Masai donkeys.
(d) Kalahari antelope.
14. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Marjoram in winter.
(b) Sage in the spring.
(c) Thyme after rain.
(d) Rosemary in the sun.
15. What have you got to be careful of when hunting sable bull?
(a) Nothing at all, they are just like kudu.
(b) Watch out for him charging you.
(c) Where you shoot him.
(d) How you walk up to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
2. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
3. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
4. What is a Kidogo?
5. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)