|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(a) Kamau the Kikuyu.
(b) The uneducated Garrick.
2. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) He found his wife.
(b) He shot a prize oryx.
(c) A lion nearly got him.
(d) A kudu charged him.
3. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
(a) The Springfield is not cleaned properly.
(b) His eagerness scares away the kudu.
(c) He doesn't talk to him enough.
(d) He wakes him up too early.
4. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Rosemary in the sun.
(b) Sage in the spring.
(c) Marjoram in winter.
(d) Thyme after rain.
5. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) He tells it very straight.
(b) He looks very reputable.
(c) Natives never lie.
(d) They are drunk.
6. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) The Southern Cross.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) The rising sun.
7. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
(b) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(c) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
(d) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
8. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(b) For shooting practice.
(c) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(d) The meat is far more delicious.
9. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
(a) American women.
(b) A shenzi.
(c) The bad weather.
(d) The Austrian's lorry.
10. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Swahili reed buck.
(b) Grant's gazelles.
(c) Masai donkeys.
(d) Kalahari antelope.
11. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(b) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
(c) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(d) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
12. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) Twice as big.
(b) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
(c) Thrice as big.
(d) The same size.
13. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(c) M'Cola's country.
(d) Mount Kenya.
14. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(b) The Serengeti.
(c) At the first camp.
(d) In Droopy's country.
15. What is a shenzi?
(a) The hottest part of the day.
(b) A bad salt lick.
(c) The command to shut someone up.
(d) A wild man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
2. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
3. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
4. Why is the warthog so exciting?
5. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)