|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(b) They have run out of ammunition.
(c) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(d) It is getting too dark.
2. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) Mama Tziggi.
(b) B'wana Fisi.
(c) B'wana Simba.
(d) B'wana Doktor.
3. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Abbot and Costello.
(b) Harold Lloyd..
(c) Buster Keaton.
4. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A well-inflated dog.
(b) A history student.
(c) A garbage picker.
5. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(a) The Serengeti.
(b) In Droopy's country.
(d) At the first camp.
6. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the middle finger.
(b) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(c) The pulling of the index finger.
(d) The pulling of the thumb.
7. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) Not enough bullets.
(b) Being hungover from whiskey.
(c) Drinking spoilt beer.
(d) The presence of Garrick.
8. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A French riot.
(c) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(d) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
9. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) A kongoni.
(b) An oryx.
(c) An eland.
(d) A zebra.
10. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) Tsetse flies.
(b) Praying mantis.
(c) A camel fly.
(d) A dragonfly.
11. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
12. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(b) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
(c) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(d) To save ammunition.
13. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(d) Abdullah the tracker.
14. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Babati in Kenya.
(c) Barcelona in Spain.
(d) Aragon in Spain.
15. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) His kudu is ugly.
(b) There are no kudu left.
(c) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
(d) The hunting party find him annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
2. What is a panga?
3. What is the first animal they see in this country?
4. Why is the warthog so exciting?
5. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)