|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) The Southern Cross.
2. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) On its long legs.
(b) At the tip of its muzzle.
(c) Between its ears.
(d) Between its eyes.
3. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(b) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(c) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(d) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
4. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(b) A hat made of locusts.
(c) Black kudu bull horns.
(d) Black and white ostrich plume.
5. What is a panga?
(a) A wet track.
(b) A long knife to cut brush with.
(c) A double-bitted axe.
(d) A beaver dam.
6. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) To save ammunition.
(b) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(c) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(d) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
7. Which town is like a German garrison?
(a) Steppes Masai.
(b) Cairo Cape.
8. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) The stream.
(b) Empty condoms of our great loves.
(c) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
(d) The clear and blue coast.
9. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
(a) He is scared of bugs.
(b) The area if full of chickens.
(c) There is no fence to protect them.
(d) He doesn't trust The Roman.
10. Who can tell the longest story?
(a) The Roman.
(b) Carlos the Cuban.
11. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the index finger.
(b) The pulling of the middle finger.
(c) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(d) The pulling of the thumb.
12. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Harold Lloyd..
(b) Abbot and Costello.
(d) Buster Keaton.
13. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
(a) It is easier to hide in the woods.
(b) Food is more abundant in the woods.
(c) They cannot find shelter on a plain.
(d) They can see further.
14. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) The setting of the afternoon sun.
(b) Teal startled by the hunters.
(c) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
(d) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
15. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(b) White khaki shorts.
(c) A quail-shooting coat.
(d) His stetson hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an askari?
2. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
3. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
4. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
5. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)