|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) Tsetse flies.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) A camel fly.
(d) Praying mantis.
2. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
(a) Lake Manyara.
3. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(c) Kamau the Kikuyu.
(d) The uneducated Garrick.
4. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(b) They are rushed and out of time.
(c) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(d) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
5. What is a shenzi?
(a) A bad salt lick.
(b) The hottest part of the day.
(c) A wild man.
(d) The command to shut someone up.
6. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Drink chai tea.
(c) Hunt sable.
(d) Hunt kudu bull.
7. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) He found his wife.
(b) A kudu charged him.
(c) A lion nearly got him.
(d) He shot a prize oryx.
8. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(d) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
9. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) With the safety off.
(b) He gives it to him boltless.
(c) It is thrown to him.
(d) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
10. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The camel flies.
(b) The famine.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The limestone outcropping.
11. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
12. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) An eland.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A kongoni.
(d) A zebra.
13. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(a) The Serengeti.
(b) In Droopy's country.
(d) At the first camp.
14. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
(a) He can drink without swallowing.
(b) He has remarkable restraint.
(c) He can drink a litre bottle of beer without using his hands.
(d) He drinks the most beer the Roman has ever seen.
15. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Impala hunting.
(b) Bushbuck hunting.
(c) Where there is luck involved.
(d) Catching birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
2. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
3. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
4. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
5. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)