|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) It is not big enough.
(b) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(c) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(d) It is not attractive.
2. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
(a) He drinks the most beer the Roman has ever seen.
(b) He has remarkable restraint.
(c) He can drink a litre bottle of beer without using his hands.
(d) He can drink without swallowing.
3. What is the first animal they see in this country?
(a) Herds of Kudu cows.
(b) A flock of guinea fowl.
(c) Poor looking zebra.
(d) A group of Grant's gazelles.
4. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(d) M'Cola's country.
5. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Sage in the spring.
(b) Marjoram in winter.
(c) Rosemary in the sun.
(d) Thyme after rain.
6. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(b) The uneducated Garrick.
(c) Kamau the Kikuyu.
7. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) He tells it very straight.
(b) Natives never lie.
(c) He looks very reputable.
(d) They are drunk.
8. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) A French riot.
(b) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
(c) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(d) A revolution.
9. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Females have stripes.
(b) Only the male has horns.
(c) The male is a lot larger.
(d) They are different colors.
10. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) To save ammunition.
(b) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(c) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(d) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
11. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) An African mosquito.
(b) A Spanish camel fly.
(c) A tsetse fly.
(d) Bull elk.
12. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) A wet salt lick.
(b) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(d) Fear that he will not find kudu.
13. What are the finest birds to eat?
(b) Dark ibis.
(c) Rose-coloured flamingo.
(d) Guinea hen.
14. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(d) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
15. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The camel flies.
(b) The limestone outcropping.
(c) The famine.
(d) The buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
2. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
3. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
4. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
5. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)