|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(b) Light coming from their torchlight.
(c) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(d) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
2. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) The lack of kudu bull.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
(d) Rival hunters taking all the game.
3. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) World topics.
(b) Leather pants.
(c) More kudu hunting.
(d) The inadequacy of modern writers.
4. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(a) Abdullah the tracker.
5. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
(a) He drinks the most beer the Roman has ever seen.
(b) He can drink without swallowing.
(c) He has remarkable restraint.
(d) He can drink a litre bottle of beer without using his hands.
6. What is a Kidogo?
(a) A female kudu.
(b) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(c) A great kudu bull.
(d) The perfect one shot kill.
7. What is an askari?
(a) A lesser kudu bull that escapes.
(b) The greater kudu bull that guards the lesser kudu.
(c) A greater kudu bull that escapes.
(d) The lesser bull that guards the greater kudu.
8. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
9. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) They are drunk.
(b) He looks very reputable.
(c) Natives never lie.
(d) He tells it very straight.
10. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) Thrice as big.
(b) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
(c) Twice as big.
(d) The same size.
11. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
(b) Lake Manyara.
12. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
13. What did Mama not know about Pop?
(a) He has traveled to Alaska.
(b) He writes.
(c) He once lived in Nairobi.
(d) He is actually English.
14. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Masai donkeys.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Grant's gazelles.
(d) Kalahari antelope.
15. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(b) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(c) A huge lion.
(d) A marvellous leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the finest birds to eat?
2. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
3. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
5. What is a shenzi?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)