|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
(b) He gives it to him boltless.
(c) It is thrown to him.
(d) With the safety off.
2. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The last hour can be the best hour.
(b) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(c) Garrick recommends it.
(d) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
3. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(b) It is not attractive.
(c) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(d) It is not big enough.
4. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its ears.
(b) On its long legs.
(c) At the tip of its muzzle.
(d) Between its eyes.
5. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Aragon in Spain.
(c) Babati in Kenya.
(d) Barcelona in Spain.
6. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
7. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(b) A marvellous leopard.
(c) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(d) A huge lion.
8. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(b) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(c) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(d) They are rushed and out of time.
9. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
(a) He has remarkable restraint.
(b) He drinks the most beer the Roman has ever seen.
(c) He can drink a litre bottle of beer without using his hands.
(d) He can drink without swallowing.
10. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) They are too hard to hunt.
(b) Food is more plentiful.
(c) Only big elephants migrate there.
(d) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
11. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Black kudu bull horns.
(b) A hat made of locusts.
(c) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(d) Black and white ostrich plume.
12. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) Light coming from their torchlight.
(b) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(c) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(d) The breeze is scattering their scent.
13. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(b) A revolution.
(c) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
(d) A French riot.
14. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) A nearby simba.
(b) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
15. What have you got to be careful of when hunting sable bull?
(a) Watch out for him charging you.
(b) Nothing at all, they are just like kudu.
(c) How you walk up to him.
(d) Where you shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
2. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
3. What are the finest birds to eat?
4. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
5. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)