|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a panga?
(a) A double-bitted axe.
(b) A long knife to cut brush with.
(c) A wet track.
(d) A beaver dam.
2. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(b) A marvellous leopard.
(c) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(d) A huge lion.
3. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Kalahari antelope.
(b) Masai donkeys.
(c) Grant's gazelles.
(d) Swahili reed buck.
4. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) They have run out of ammunition.
(b) It is getting too dark.
(c) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(d) They are worried about the P.O.M.
5. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Trades them for supplies.
(b) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
(c) Gives them to the local charity.
(d) Sells them to the highest bidder.
6. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) Natives never lie.
(b) He tells it very straight.
(c) He looks very reputable.
(d) They are drunk.
7. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Abbot and Costello.
(c) Harold Lloyd..
(d) Buster Keaton.
8. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) Being hungover from whiskey.
(b) The presence of Garrick.
(c) Drinking spoilt beer.
(d) Not enough bullets.
9. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The limestone outcropping.
(b) The famine.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The camel flies.
10. Who writes the best Safari book?
11. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
(b) Lake Manyara.
12. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) The hunting party find him annoying.
(b) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
(c) There are no kudu left.
(d) His kudu is ugly.
13. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) At the tip of its muzzle.
(b) On its long legs.
(c) Between its ears.
(d) Between its eyes.
14. What is an askari?
(a) A greater kudu bull that escapes.
(b) The lesser bull that guards the greater kudu.
(c) The greater kudu bull that guards the lesser kudu.
(d) A lesser kudu bull that escapes.
15. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) The inadequacy of modern writers.
(b) More kudu hunting.
(c) World topics.
(d) Leather pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mama not know about Pop?
2. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
3. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
4. What have you got to be careful of when hunting sable bull?
5. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)