|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
(a) An orchard bush.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) Spears decorated with feathers.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
2. Which town is like a German garrison?
(b) Steppes Masai.
(c) Cairo Cape.
3. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(b) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(c) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(d) They are rushed and out of time.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(b) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(c) A wet salt lick.
(d) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
5. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) With the safety off.
(b) He gives it to him boltless.
(c) It is thrown to him.
(d) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
6. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
(a) Killed the animal instantly.
(b) Snapped its neck.
(c) Broke its leg.
(d) Went right between its eyes.
7. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The famine.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The camel flies.
(d) The limestone outcropping.
8. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
(b) The setting of the afternoon sun.
(c) Teal startled by the hunters.
(d) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
9. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Abbot and Costello.
(c) Harold Lloyd..
10. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) Garrick recommends it.
(b) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(c) The last hour can be the best hour.
(d) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
11. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(b) M'Cola's country.
(d) Mount Kenya.
12. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) An eland.
(b) A kongoni.
(c) A zebra.
(d) An oryx.
13. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Hunt sable.
(c) Hunt kudu bull.
(d) Drink chai tea.
14. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Kalahari antelope.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Grant's gazelles.
(d) Masai donkeys.
15. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) Not enough bullets.
(b) Being hungover from whiskey.
(c) The presence of Garrick.
(d) Drinking spoilt beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
2. Who writes the best Safari book?
3. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
4. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
5. What are the finest birds to eat?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)