|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(b) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(c) A wet salt lick.
2. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(b) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(c) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(d) They are rushed and out of time.
3. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Black and white ostrich plume.
(b) Black kudu bull horns.
(c) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(d) A hat made of locusts.
4. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Harold Lloyd..
(d) Abbot and Costello.
5. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
(a) He doesn't trust The Roman.
(b) The area if full of chickens.
(c) There is no fence to protect them.
(d) He is scared of bugs.
6. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Only the male has horns.
(b) They are different colors.
(c) The male is a lot larger.
(d) Females have stripes.
7. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) He looks very reputable.
(b) Natives never lie.
(c) He tells it very straight.
(d) They are drunk.
8. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) On its long legs.
(b) Between its ears.
(c) Between its eyes.
(d) At the tip of its muzzle.
9. Which town is like a German garrison?
(a) Cairo Cape.
(b) Steppes Masai.
10. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) White khaki shorts.
(b) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(c) His stetson hat.
(d) A quail-shooting coat.
11. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
12. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(b) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(c) To save ammunition.
(d) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
13. What does Hemingway believe has scared away the kudu?
(a) A shenzi.
(b) American women.
(c) The bad weather.
(d) The Austrian's lorry.
14. What is a shenzi?
(a) A bad salt lick.
(b) A wild man.
(c) The command to shut someone up.
(d) The hottest part of the day.
15. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
(a) He shot a prize oryx.
(b) A lion nearly got him.
(c) He found his wife.
(d) A kudu charged him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
2. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
3. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
4. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
5. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)