|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) It is getting too dark.
(b) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(c) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(d) They have run out of ammunition.
2. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
(a) Food is more abundant in the woods.
(b) It is easier to hide in the woods.
(c) They cannot find shelter on a plain.
(d) They can see further.
3. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Thyme after rain.
(b) Sage in the spring.
(c) Rosemary in the sun.
(d) Marjoram in winter.
4. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
(a) He doesn't trust The Roman.
(b) He is scared of bugs.
(c) There is no fence to protect them.
(d) The area if full of chickens.
5. What is the first animal they see in this country?
(a) A group of Grant's gazelles.
(b) A flock of guinea fowl.
(c) Herds of Kudu cows.
(d) Poor looking zebra.
6. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
(a) He doesn't talk to him enough.
(b) His eagerness scares away the kudu.
(c) He wakes him up too early.
(d) The Springfield is not cleaned properly.
7. What are the finest birds to eat?
(a) Guinea hen.
(c) Dark ibis.
(d) Rose-coloured flamingo.
8. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) For shooting practice.
(b) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(c) The meat is far more delicious.
(d) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
9. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(b) It is not big enough.
(c) It is not attractive.
(d) He takes too many shots to kill it.
10. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the middle finger.
(b) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(c) The pulling of the thumb.
(d) The pulling of the index finger.
11. Who can tell the longest story?
(a) Carlos the Cuban.
(b) The Roman.
12. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
(a) They cannot keep up with it.
(b) It is too big for them to kill.
(c) It has not yet grown into a doumi.
(d) It is actually a cow.
13. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The last hour can be the best hour.
(b) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(c) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(d) Garrick recommends it.
14. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) The morning.
(d) At lunch time.
15. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(d) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
2. What did Mama not know about Pop?
3. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
4. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
5. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)