|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Abbot and Costello.
(d) Harold Lloyd..
2. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) The lack of kudu bull.
(b) A nearby simba.
(c) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
3. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Marjoram in winter.
(b) Thyme after rain.
(c) Sage in the spring.
(d) Rosemary in the sun.
4. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) Hemingway tells him to.
(b) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(c) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(d) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
5. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
(a) His eagerness scares away the kudu.
(b) The Springfield is not cleaned properly.
(c) He doesn't talk to him enough.
(d) He wakes him up too early.
6. What is an askari?
(a) The greater kudu bull that guards the lesser kudu.
(b) A lesser kudu bull that escapes.
(c) The lesser bull that guards the greater kudu.
(d) A greater kudu bull that escapes.
7. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(b) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(c) They have run out of ammunition.
(d) It is getting too dark.
8. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) The male is a lot larger.
(b) They are different colors.
(c) Females have stripes.
(d) Only the male has horns.
9. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) A camel fly.
(b) Tsetse flies.
(c) Praying mantis.
(d) A dragonfly.
10. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Gives them to the local charity.
(b) Sells them to the highest bidder.
(c) Trades them for supplies.
(d) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
11. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Fisi.
(b) B'wana Doktor.
(c) B'wana Simba.
(d) Mama Tziggi.
12. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
(a) Snapped its neck.
(b) Went right between its eyes.
(c) Broke its leg.
(d) Killed the animal instantly.
13. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(b) It is not attractive.
(c) It is not big enough.
(d) He won't let them take pictures of it.
14. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
(c) Lake Manyara.
15. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) At lunch time.
(d) The morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the warthog so exciting?
2. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
3. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
4. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
5. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)