|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(a) At the first camp.
(b) In Droopy's country.
(d) The Serengeti.
2. Which town is like a German garrison?
(a) Steppes Masai.
(b) Cairo Cape.
3. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) They are too hard to hunt.
(b) Only big elephants migrate there.
(c) Food is more plentiful.
(d) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(b) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(c) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(d) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
5. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
(a) It is actually a cow.
(b) They cannot keep up with it.
(c) It is too big for them to kill.
(d) It has not yet grown into a doumi.
6. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(d) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
7. Who can tell the longest story?
(c) The Roman.
(d) Carlos the Cuban.
8. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A history student.
(c) A well-inflated dog.
(d) A garbage picker.
9. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
(a) He doesn't talk to him enough.
(b) The Springfield is not cleaned properly.
(c) His eagerness scares away the kudu.
(d) He wakes him up too early.
10. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Hunt sable.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Drink chai tea.
(d) Hunt kudu bull.
11. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A leather pouch filled with water.
(c) A lock of red-stained hair.
(d) A feathered spear.
12. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
(b) A French riot.
(c) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(d) A revolution.
13. When does Hemingway's tribe always shoot twice?
(a) The morning.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) At lunch time.
(d) Early afternoon.
14. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(b) Harold Lloyd..
(c) Buster Keaton.
(d) Abbot and Costello.
15. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
(b) It is thrown to him.
(c) With the safety off.
(d) He gives it to him boltless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
2. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
3. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
4. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
5. Why is the warthog so exciting?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)