|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(b) The pulling of the index finger.
(c) The pulling of the middle finger.
(d) The pulling of the thumb.
2. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Aragon in Spain.
(b) Barcelona in Spain.
(c) Babati in Kenya.
(d) Mount Kenya.
3. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
4. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Impala hunting.
(b) Bushbuck hunting.
(c) Where there is luck involved.
(d) Catching birds.
5. Which town is like a German garrison?
(b) Steppes Masai.
(c) Cairo Cape.
6. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(b) White khaki shorts.
(c) His stetson hat.
(d) A quail-shooting coat.
7. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Marjoram in winter.
(b) Rosemary in the sun.
(c) Sage in the spring.
(d) Thyme after rain.
8. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Harold Lloyd..
(d) Abbot and Costello.
9. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) A nearby simba.
(b) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
(c) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(d) The lack of kudu bull.
10. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Drink chai tea.
(b) Hunt kudu bull.
(c) Hunt sable.
(d) Drink whiskey.
11. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) The setting of the afternoon sun.
(b) Teal startled by the hunters.
(c) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
(d) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
12. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
(a) Snapped its neck.
(b) Killed the animal instantly.
(c) Broke its leg.
(d) Went right between its eyes.
13. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) On its long legs.
(b) Between its eyes.
(c) Between its ears.
(d) At the tip of its muzzle.
14. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(b) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(c) Hemingway tells him to.
(d) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
15. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Swahili reed buck.
(b) Grant's gazelles.
(c) Masai donkeys.
(d) Kalahari antelope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
2. Who is as accurate as an historian?
3. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
4. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
5. What is a Kidogo?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)