|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) The setting of the afternoon sun.
(b) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
(c) Teal startled by the hunters.
(d) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
2. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) A hat made of locusts.
(b) Black and white ostrich plume.
(c) Black kudu bull horns.
(d) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
3. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
(b) Food is more plentiful.
(c) Only big elephants migrate there.
(d) They are too hard to hunt.
4. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(a) The uneducated Garrick.
(d) Kamau the Kikuyu.
5. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) The stream.
(b) The clear and blue coast.
(c) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
(d) Empty condoms of our great loves.
6. What is a shenzi?
(a) The command to shut someone up.
(b) The hottest part of the day.
(c) A bad salt lick.
(d) A wild man.
7. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) Mama Tziggi.
(b) B'wana Simba.
(c) B'wana Fisi.
(d) B'wana Doktor.
8. What impresses the Roman most about Hemingway's drinking?
(a) He can drink without swallowing.
(b) He can drink a litre bottle of beer without using his hands.
(c) He drinks the most beer the Roman has ever seen.
(d) He has remarkable restraint.
9. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
10. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) His stetson hat.
(b) A quail-shooting coat.
(c) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(d) White khaki shorts.
11. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) Not enough bullets.
(b) Drinking spoilt beer.
(c) The presence of Garrick.
(d) Being hungover from whiskey.
12. What did Mama not know about Pop?
(a) He has traveled to Alaska.
(b) He once lived in Nairobi.
(c) He is actually English.
(d) He writes.
13. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
(b) The pulling of the thumb.
(c) The pulling of the index finger.
(d) The pulling of the middle finger.
14. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) More kudu hunting.
(b) World topics.
(c) Leather pants.
(d) The inadequacy of modern writers.
15. What will Karl always beat Hemingway at?
(a) Impala hunting.
(b) Catching birds.
(c) Bushbuck hunting.
(d) Where there is luck involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the enormous manamouki kudu they find?
2. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
3. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
5. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)