|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(b) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(c) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(d) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
2. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) They have run out of ammunition.
(b) It is getting too dark.
(c) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(d) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
3. What is a panga?
(a) A long knife to cut brush with.
(b) A wet track.
(c) A beaver dam.
(d) A double-bitted axe.
4. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) With the safety off.
(b) He gives it to him boltless.
(c) It is thrown to him.
(d) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
5. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) There are no kudu left.
(b) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
(c) The hunting party find him annoying.
(d) His kudu is ugly.
6. Who writes the best Safari book?
7. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
(b) The clear and blue coast.
(c) The stream.
(d) Empty condoms of our great loves.
8. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A garbage picker.
(b) A history student.
(d) A well-inflated dog.
9. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(b) A huge lion.
(c) A marvellous leopard.
(d) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
10. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) Bull elk.
(c) A Spanish camel fly.
(d) An African mosquito.
11. Who can tell the longest story?
(b) The Roman.
(c) Carlos the Cuban.
12. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
(b) A revolution.
(c) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(d) A French riot.
13. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(b) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(c) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
(d) Light coming from their torchlight.
14. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(b) His stetson hat.
(c) A quail-shooting coat.
(d) White khaki shorts.
15. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) It does not run from them.
(b) It runs from them with great speed.
(c) They have never seen one before.
(d) The tusks are extremely large.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
2. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
3. What did Mama not know about Pop?
4. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
5. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)