|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
(a) Praying mantis.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) Tsetse flies.
(d) A camel fly.
2. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
(a) Hemingway cannot call the shot.
(b) They have run out of ammunition.
(c) They are worried about the P.O.M.
(d) It is getting too dark.
3. What did Mama not know about Pop?
(a) He writes.
(b) He once lived in Nairobi.
(c) He is actually English.
(d) He has traveled to Alaska.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(c) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(d) A wet salt lick.
5. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) They are different colors.
(b) The male is a lot larger.
(c) Only the male has horns.
(d) Females have stripes.
6. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
(b) Lake Manyara.
7. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
8. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) An African mosquito.
(c) Bull elk.
(d) A Spanish camel fly.
9. What is a panga?
(a) A long knife to cut brush with.
(b) A beaver dam.
(c) A wet track.
(d) A double-bitted axe.
10. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(b) Hemingway tells him to.
(c) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
(d) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
11. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
(b) White khaki shorts.
(c) A quail-shooting coat.
(d) His stetson hat.
12. What is the first animal they see in this country?
(a) Poor looking zebra.
(b) Herds of Kudu cows.
(c) A group of Grant's gazelles.
(d) A flock of guinea fowl.
13. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A garbage picker.
(b) A well-inflated dog.
(d) A history student.
14. Where was the last time they had ducks?
(b) The Serengeti.
(c) In Droopy's country.
(d) At the first camp.
15. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) He gives it to him boltless.
(b) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
(c) With the safety off.
(d) It is thrown to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the finest birds to eat?
2. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
3. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
4. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
5. Which town is like a German garrison?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)