|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
(a) His eagerness scares away the kudu.
(b) He doesn't talk to him enough.
(c) He wakes him up too early.
(d) The Springfield is not cleaned properly.
2. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
(a) Sage in the spring.
(b) Marjoram in winter.
(c) Rosemary in the sun.
(d) Thyme after rain.
3. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A well-inflated dog.
(b) A history student.
(c) A garbage picker.
4. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) An African mosquito.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A Spanish camel fly.
(d) Bull elk.
5. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) The hunting party find him annoying.
(b) There are no kudu left.
(c) His kudu is ugly.
(d) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
6. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
(a) Snapped its neck.
(b) Killed the animal instantly.
(c) Broke its leg.
(d) Went right between its eyes.
7. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(b) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
(c) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(d) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
8. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
(a) He won't let them take pictures of it.
(b) It is not attractive.
(c) He takes too many shots to kill it.
(d) It is not big enough.
9. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The last hour can be the best hour.
(b) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(c) Garrick recommends it.
(d) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
10. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) Twice as big.
(b) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
(c) Thrice as big.
(d) The same size.
11. What is a Kidogo?
(a) A great kudu bull.
(b) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(c) A female kudu.
(d) The perfect one shot kill.
12. What is an askari?
(a) The lesser bull that guards the greater kudu.
(b) A lesser kudu bull that escapes.
(c) A greater kudu bull that escapes.
(d) The greater kudu bull that guards the lesser kudu.
13. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The camel flies.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The famine.
(d) The limestone outcropping.
14. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(b) A wet salt lick.
(d) Fear that he will not find kudu.
15. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) The lack of kudu bull.
(b) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(c) A nearby simba.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
2. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
3. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
4. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
5. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)