|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(b) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(c) The last hour can be the best hour.
(d) Garrick recommends it.
2. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
(b) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(c) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
(d) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
3. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
(b) With the safety off.
(c) It is thrown to him.
(d) He gives it to him boltless.
4. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A lock of red-stained hair.
(c) A feathered spear.
(d) A leather pouch filled with water.
5. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(b) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
(c) They are rushed and out of time.
(d) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
6. Which tracker would Hemingway like to shoot in the behind?
(a) The uneducated Garrick.
(b) Kamau the Kikuyu.
7. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its eyes.
(b) At the tip of its muzzle.
(c) On its long legs.
(d) Between its ears.
8. What is a Kidogo?
(a) The perfect one shot kill.
(b) A great kudu bull.
(c) The trail of blood left by a wounded animal.
(d) A female kudu.
9. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) They have never seen one before.
(b) The tusks are extremely large.
(c) It does not run from them.
(d) It runs from them with great speed.
10. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
11. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
(c) M'Cola's country.
(d) Mount Kenya.
12. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
(a) B'wana Simba.
(b) B'wana Doktor.
(c) B'wana Fisi.
(d) Mama Tziggi.
13. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) A revolution.
(b) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
(c) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(d) A French riot.
14. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A well-inflated dog.
(b) A history student.
(c) A garbage picker.
15. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(c) Abdullah the tracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
2. What is a panga?
3. Which town is like a German garrison?
4. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
5. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)