|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(b) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(c) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
2. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
3. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The Sargeant.
4. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
(b) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(c) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
(d) The rhino barks really loudly.
5. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Tyrolese.
(b) He is not wearing a hat.
(c) A fedora.
(d) A Stetson.
6. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
7. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(b) A prose that has never been read.
(c) A prose that has been written too many times.
(d) A prose that has never been written.
8. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(b) The P.O.M.
9. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
10. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a guinea.
(b) Eating a hyena.
(c) Eating a guinea.
(d) Shooting a hyena.
11. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is his mother's birthday.
(b) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(c) It is the last safe date to leave.
(d) No hunting is allowed after that date.
12. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
13. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) Their tracks along the tunnel.
(b) The scent of their skin.
(c) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(d) The sound made by their shooting.
14. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) A large rhino.
(c) A baby rhino.
(d) A leopard.
15. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
(a) A hunting cap.
(b) A black rhino on a yellow label.
(c) A yellow buffalo on a black label.
(d) A horseman in armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
2. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
3. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
4. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
5. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)