|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(b) The Memsahib.
2. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(b) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(c) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(d) His glasses fogging up.
3. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not smoke.
(b) He does not drink.
(c) He smokes only occasionally.
(d) He is a wine connoisseur.
4. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) The color of the dusk sun.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) The rhinos are angry.
(d) From rolling in the mud.
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) His heavy 470.
(b) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(c) The Mannlicher.
(d) The Springfield.
6. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(d) The Memsahib.
7. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Quivers of arrows.
(b) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(c) Draped white cloth.
8. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) George A. Buckingham.
(b) Heinrich Mann.
9. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A rhino charging them from behind.
(b) Mama following them from behind.
(c) A branch falling suddenly.
(d) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
10. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a rhino.
(b) It is an elephant.
(c) It is a greater giraffe.
(d) It is a lesser kudu bull.
11. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To kill the tsetse flies.
(b) To welcome nearby hunters.
(c) To attract the rhino.
(d) To scare off leopards.
12. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
13. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The base of its skull.
(b) The centre of its chest.
(c) In between its eyes.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
14. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A baby rhino.
(c) A large rhino.
(d) A tsetse fly.
15. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are very fast.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are very shy.
(d) They are well camouflaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
4. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
5. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)