|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(c) Karl himself.
(d) The skinner.
3. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
(b) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(c) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(d) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
4. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
5. Who wrote The Cornet?
(b) Heinrich Mann.
(c) Joachim Ringelnatz.
6. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(b) The local guide.
7. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) A large rhino.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A baby rhino.
8. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He smokes only occasionally.
(b) He does not smoke.
(c) He does not drink.
(d) He is a wine connoisseur.
9. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(d) The shot missed.
10. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he loves getting drunk.
(b) That he hates riding in cars.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he is an awful tracker.
11. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) He isn't using a gun.
(c) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(d) A Mannlicher.
12. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) The horn is too small.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) It is a calf rhino.
(d) It is a cow rhino.
13. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Tyrolese.
(b) He is not wearing a hat.
(c) A fedora.
(d) A Stetson.
14. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(b) It is his mother's birthday.
(c) It is the last safe date to leave.
(d) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
15. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(a) The Memsahib.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
4. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
5. Where are writers forged?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)