|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are writers forged?
(a) At the library.
(b) In university.
(c) In the blacksmith.
(d) In injustice.
2. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(b) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(c) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(d) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
3. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
4. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) Droopy carries it all by himself.
(b) They carry it between them on a sling.
(c) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(d) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
5. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) Mama following them from behind.
(b) A branch falling suddenly.
(c) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
(d) A rhino charging them from behind.
6. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A skinning knife.
(d) A sticking knife.
7. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty yards.
(b) Four hundred yards.
(c) Four hundred paces.
(d) Forty paces.
(a) She is the apple of his eye.
(b) It is his life's joy.
(c) She is too much trouble.
(d) It is like a second wife.
9. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) An army beret.
(b) A Tyrolese hat.
(c) A tophat.
(d) A Swahili hunting cap.
10. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A fedora.
(b) He is not wearing a hat.
(c) A Stetson.
(d) A Tyrolese.
11. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) A lesser kudu bull.
(b) The motor-lorry.
(c) The coming of the dusk.
(d) Their car waiting down the road.
12. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
13. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(d) The Memsahib.
14. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) The horn is too small.
(b) It is a cow rhino.
(c) There is no horn.
(d) It is a calf rhino.
15. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are very shy.
(b) They are very fast.
(c) They are too small.
(d) They are well camouflaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
2. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
3. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
4. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
5. What is a Tembo?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)