|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
(a) A hunting cap.
(b) A horseman in armor.
(c) A black rhino on a yellow label.
(d) A yellow buffalo on a black label.
2. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
3. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(b) It is a greater giraffe.
(c) It is a rhino.
(d) It is an elephant.
4. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt meat.
(b) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(c) He will now hunt the oryx.
(d) He is told to hunt kudu.
5. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) Mr. J.P.
(c) Mr P.O.M.
(d) The P.O.M.
(a) She is too much trouble.
(b) It is like a second wife.
(c) She is the apple of his eye.
(d) It is his life's joy.
7. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty paces.
(b) Forty yards.
(c) Four hundred paces.
(d) Four hundred yards.
8. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Stetson.
(b) A Tyrolese.
(c) He is not wearing a hat.
(d) A fedora.
9. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(d) The Memsahib.
10. What are Nyati?
(d) Tsetse flies.
11. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be noisy.
(b) Reloading it would be quick.
(c) He would hit the target.
(d) It would be relatively quiet.
12. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
13. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(b) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(c) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(d) He can smell where they are.
14. What color is an old buffalo bull?
15. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
4. Where are writers forged?
5. What are they travelling away from?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)