Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
2. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(c) The Memsahib.
3. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) Mama following them from behind.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) A branch falling suddenly.
(d) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
4. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(b) Droopy tells him not to.
(c) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(d) He has already shot too many.
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
(a) His heavy 470.
(b) The P.O.M.'s rifle.
(c) The Mannlicher.
(d) The Springfield.
6. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is Austrian.
(b) He is South African.
(c) He is bloody English.
(d) He is Swahili.
7. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(b) It is his mother's birthday.
(c) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(d) It is the last safe date to leave.
8. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A kudu bull.
(c) A wildebeest.
(d) An oryx.
9. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he is a fine bird shot.
(b) That he loves getting drunk.
(c) That he hates riding in cars.
(d) That he is an awful tracker.
10. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(a) The Sargeant.
(b) The Colonel.
11. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt meat.
(b) He is told to hunt kudu.
(c) He will now hunt the oryx.
(d) He is told to hunt kongoni.
12. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A pistol.
13. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
14. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Draped white cloth.
(c) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(d) Quivers of arrows.
15. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He can smell where they are.
(b) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(c) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(d) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
4. Who writes Spanish Gold?
5. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)