|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
(a) The rhino.
(b) The ant lions.
(c) The White Hunter.
(d) The water buffalo.
3. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
4. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
5. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) No drink at all.
(b) The last round.
(c) The first one.
(d) The second one.
6. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Quivers of arrows.
(c) Draped white cloth.
(d) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
7. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) The fuel pump is faulty.
(b) A leaking radiator.
(c) The engine has a timing knock.
(d) There is a loose fan belt.
8. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Lake Manyara.
(c) The Rift Valley.
(d) Handeni country.
9. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(b) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(c) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
(d) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
10. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their heads off.
(c) Cut their feet off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
11. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
12. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(b) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(c) His glasses fogging up.
(d) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
13. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
14. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(b) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) A trail of blood on the high grass.
15. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(b) The Memsahib.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
2. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
3. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
4. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
5. What are they travelling away from?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)