|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Nyati?
(a) Tsetse flies.
2. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are too small.
(b) They are very fast.
(c) They are very shy.
(d) They are well camouflaged.
3. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(d) The Memsahib.
4. What color is an old buffalo bull?
5. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
(a) A herd of buffalo was blocking their path.
(b) The path to the Rhino was too wet and slippery.
(c) There were too many Rhino to aim at.
(d) It was too dark to reach the Rhino in time for a shot.
6. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(d) The shot missed.
7. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(b) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(c) His glasses fogging up.
(d) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
8. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
(a) The rhino.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The ant lions.
(d) The White Hunter.
9. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He takes off his hat.
(b) He retrieves a heavier gun.
(d) He removes his clothing.
10. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A kudu bull.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A wildebeest.
(d) A buffalo.
11. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A large rhino.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A baby rhino.
(d) A leopard.
12. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(c) Sinclair Lewis.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
13. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A branch falling suddenly.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) Mama following them from behind.
(d) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
14. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To attract the rhino.
(b) To kill the tsetse flies.
(c) To scare off leopards.
(d) To welcome nearby hunters.
15. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hemingway sick?
2. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
3. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
4. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
5. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)