|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
(a) Elephant manure.
(b) Baboon droppings.
(c) Old rhino.
(d) A wounded buffalo.
2. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
3. What color is an old buffalo bull?
4. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
5. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(a) The shot missed.
6. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They carry it between them on a sling.
(b) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(c) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
7. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not smoke.
(b) He is a wine connoisseur.
(c) He smokes only occasionally.
(d) He does not drink.
8. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a calf rhino.
(b) The horn is too small.
(c) There is no horn.
(d) It is a cow rhino.
9. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He takes off his hat.
(b) He retrieves a heavier gun.
(d) He removes his clothing.
10. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
11. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Bwana.
(b) The Abdullah.
(c) The M'Cola.
(d) The Wanderobo.
12. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(b) The local guide.
13. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He will now hunt the oryx.
(b) He is told to hunt kudu.
(c) He is told to hunt meat.
(d) He is told to hunt kongoni.
14. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
(a) Pop's four-fifty two.
(b) Pop's Mannlicher.
(c) Hemingway's four-seventy.
(d) Mama's Mannlicher.
15. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His glasses fogging up.
(b) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(c) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is the finest one there is?
2. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
4. Where are writers forged?
5. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)