|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(b) They are too short in the toe.
(c) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(d) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
3. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) That he has been very lucky.
(b) When he thinks of other people.
(c) Doing nothing for other people.
(d) Being in the Prado.
4. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A baby rhino.
(c) A large rhino.
(d) A tsetse fly.
5. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) He would hit the target.
(b) It would be noisy.
(c) It would be relatively quiet.
(d) Reloading it would be quick.
6. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(b) Sinclair Lewis.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
7. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
8. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(c) A Catholic priest.
9. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is bloody English.
(b) He is South African.
(c) He is Austrian.
(d) He is Swahili.
10. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
11. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are well camouflaged.
(b) They are very fast.
(c) They are very shy.
(d) They are too small.
12. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is twice the age.
(c) It is half the size.
(d) It is half the age.
13. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) He isn't using a gun.
(b) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(c) A Mannlicher.
(d) A Springfield.
14. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Four hundred yards.
(b) Forty yards.
(c) Forty paces.
(d) Four hundred paces.
15. What are they travelling away from?
(a) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(b) The famine.
(c) The heat.
(d) The rains from the south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
2. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
3. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
4. Who writes Spanish Gold?
5. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)