|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A kudu bull.
(d) A wildebeest.
2. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
3. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) He isn't using a gun.
(c) A Mannlicher.
(d) Hemingway's heavy gun.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Being in the Prado.
(b) Doing nothing for other people.
(c) That he has been very lucky.
(d) When he thinks of other people.
5. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) The sound of its bellow.
(b) The bull makes no sound.
(c) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
(d) Confidence in his shooting ability.
6. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
7. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
8. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he hates riding in cars.
(b) That he loves getting drunk.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he is an awful tracker.
9. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(c) Sinclair Lewis.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
10. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(d) Joachim Ringelnatz.
11. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is twice the age.
(c) It is half the age.
(d) It is half the size.
12. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(d) Karl himself.
13. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A wolfhound.
(c) A little terrier.
(d) A greyhound.
14. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Handeni country.
(c) The Rift Valley.
(d) Lake Manyara.
15. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be relatively quiet.
(b) Reloading it would be quick.
(c) He would hit the target.
(d) It would be noisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hemingway sick?
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
3. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
4. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
5. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)