|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(b) His glasses fogging up.
(c) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(c) No one.
3. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(b) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
(c) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(d) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
4. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(d) A Catholic priest.
5. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(b) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(c) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(d) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
6. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
7. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) The motor-lorry.
(b) Their car waiting down the road.
(c) The coming of the dusk.
(d) A lesser kudu bull.
8. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A machete.
9. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
(b) Confidence in his shooting ability.
(c) The bull makes no sound.
(d) The sound of its bellow.
10. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their beaks off.
(c) Cut their feet off.
(d) Cut their heads off.
11. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(b) Karl himself.
(c) The skinner.
12. What scares Hemingway sick?
(a) Steep ravines.
(b) Large rhino.
(c) Riding in cars.
13. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To kill the tsetse flies.
(b) To welcome nearby hunters.
(c) To scare off leopards.
(d) To attract the rhino.
14. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is Austrian.
(b) He is bloody English.
(c) He is South African.
(d) He is Swahili.
15. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not smoke.
(b) He smokes only occasionally.
(c) He does not drink.
(d) He is a wine connoisseur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
2. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
3. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)