|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be relatively quiet.
(b) He would hit the target.
(c) It would be noisy.
(d) Reloading it would be quick.
2. What are they travelling away from?
(a) The heat.
(b) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(c) The rains from the south.
(d) The famine.
(a) She is too much trouble.
(b) It is like a second wife.
(c) She is the apple of his eye.
(d) It is his life's joy.
4. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(b) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(c) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(d) He can smell where they are.
5. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
6. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(a) The local guide.
7. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
8. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) The rhinos are angry.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) The color of the dusk sun.
(d) From rolling in the mud.
9. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A kudu bull.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A wildebeest.
(d) An oryx.
10. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(a) The P.O.M.
11. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
12. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(b) He is told to hunt kudu.
(c) He will now hunt the oryx.
(d) He is told to hunt meat.
13. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) Mr P.O.M.
(c) Mr. J.P.
(d) The P.O.M.
14. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
15. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are very fast.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are well camouflaged.
(d) They are very shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
2. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
3. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
5. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)