|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(c) Karl himself.
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Tyrolese hat.
(b) An army beret.
(c) A Swahili hunting cap.
(d) A tophat.
3. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(b) The Sargeant.
(c) The Colonel.
4. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt meat.
(b) He will now hunt the oryx.
(c) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(d) He is told to hunt kudu.
5. What are Nyati?
(c) Tsetse flies.
6. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A kudu bull.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) An oryx.
(d) A wildebeest.
7. Who wrote The Cornet?
(b) Heinrich Mann.
(c) Joachim Ringelnatz.
8. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) Himself and Charo.
(b) Hemingway and himself.
(c) Pop and Hemingway.
(d) The P.O.M. and Pop.
9. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
10. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their feet off.
(c) Cut their beaks off.
(d) Cut their heads off.
11. Where are writers forged?
(a) In university.
(b) At the library.
(c) In injustice.
(d) In the blacksmith.
12. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(b) His glasses fogging up.
(c) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
13. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
14. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is South African.
(b) He is bloody English.
(c) He is Austrian.
(d) He is Swahili.
15. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(b) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(c) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(d) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the local guide chased by?
2. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
3. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
4. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
5. Where would you go for big rhino?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)