|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(c) The shot missed.
2. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be relatively quiet.
(b) He would hit the target.
(c) Reloading it would be quick.
(d) It would be noisy.
3. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(b) He is told to hunt meat.
(c) He will now hunt the oryx.
(d) He is told to hunt kudu.
4. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
5. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
6. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Quivers of arrows.
(b) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(c) Draped white cloth.
7. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(c) George A. Buckingham.
8. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(a) The Memsahib.
9. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(a) The P.O.M.
10. What are Nyati?
(c) Tsetse flies.
11. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(b) The Memsahib.
12. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A religious war.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A world war.
(d) A gang war.
13. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The second one.
(b) The first one.
(c) No drink at all.
(d) The last round.
14. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rifle.
15. What is a Shamba?
(a) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(b) A plantation.
(c) It is a disease.
(d) A person who raises a sisal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
2. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
3. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
4. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
5. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)