|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the age.
(b) It is twice the size.
(c) It is half the age.
(d) It is half the size.
2. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Four hundred paces.
(b) Forty paces.
(c) Forty yards.
(d) Four hundred yards.
3. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Tyrolese.
(b) A Stetson.
(c) A fedora.
(d) He is not wearing a hat.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) That he has been very lucky.
(b) When he thinks of other people.
(c) Being in the Prado.
(d) Doing nothing for other people.
5. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(b) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(c) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(d) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
6. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To scare off leopards.
(b) To kill the tsetse flies.
(c) To welcome nearby hunters.
(d) To attract the rhino.
7. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) They are too short in the toe.
(b) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
8. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(c) The shot missed.
9. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The second one.
(b) The first one.
(c) The last round.
(d) No drink at all.
10. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He smokes only occasionally.
(b) He does not smoke.
(c) He is a wine connoisseur.
(d) He does not drink.
11. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(d) The local guide.
12. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(b) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
(c) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
(d) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
13. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their heads off.
(b) Cut their wings off.
(c) Cut their feet off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
14. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is his mother's birthday.
(b) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(c) It is the last safe date to leave.
(d) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
15. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A wildebeest.
(c) A kudu bull.
(d) An oryx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is an old buffalo bull?
2. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
3. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
4. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
5. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)