|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a cow rhino.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) It is a calf rhino.
(d) The horn is too small.
2. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He smokes only occasionally.
(b) He does not drink.
(c) He does not smoke.
(d) He is a wine connoisseur.
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
5. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(b) Karl himself.
6. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) Mr P.O.M.
(c) The P.O.M.
(d) Mr. J.P.
7. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His glasses fogging up.
(b) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(c) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
8. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) Pop and Hemingway.
(b) Himself and Charo.
(c) Hemingway and himself.
(d) The P.O.M. and Pop.
9. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A civil war.
(b) A religious war.
(c) A world war.
(d) A gang war.
10. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
11. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(c) A Catholic priest.
12. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their beaks off.
(b) Cut their heads off.
(c) Cut their wings off.
(d) Cut their feet off.
13. What is a Shamba?
(a) It is a disease.
(b) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A person who raises a sisal.
14. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) The rhinos are angry.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) From rolling in the mud.
(d) The color of the dusk sun.
15. What scares Hemingway sick?
(a) Riding in cars.
(b) Large rhino.
(c) Steep ravines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
2. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
3. What are Nyati?
4. What color is an old buffalo bull?
5. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)