|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The last round.
(b) The second one.
(c) The first one.
(d) No drink at all.
(a) It is like a second wife.
(b) It is his life's joy.
(c) She is the apple of his eye.
(d) She is too much trouble.
3. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) They are too short in the toe.
(b) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
4. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their feet off.
(b) Cut their beaks off.
(c) Cut their wings off.
(d) Cut their heads off.
5. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(b) Hemingway and himself.
(c) Himself and Charo.
(d) Pop and Hemingway.
6. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
(b) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(c) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(d) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
7. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Tyrolese hat.
(b) An army beret.
(c) A tophat.
(d) A Swahili hunting cap.
8. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Eating a hyena.
(b) Shooting a guinea.
(c) Shooting a hyena.
(d) Eating a guinea.
9. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Wanderobo.
(b) The Bwana.
(c) The M'Cola.
(d) The Abdullah.
10. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
(a) A wolfhound.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A little terrier.
(d) A greyhound.
11. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) He would hit the target.
(b) It would be noisy.
(c) Reloading it would be quick.
(d) It would be relatively quiet.
12. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
13. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a greater giraffe.
(b) It is a rhino.
(c) It is an elephant.
(d) It is a lesser kudu bull.
14. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are well camouflaged.
(b) They are very fast.
(c) They are very shy.
(d) They are too small.
15. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
2. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
3. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
4. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
5. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)