|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is an old buffalo bull?
2. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
(a) The rhino was too fast.
(b) It was a very long shot.
(c) He think's that Mama made the shot.
(d) Hemingway is a bad shot.
3. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) They are too short in the toe.
(b) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
4. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His glasses fogging up.
(b) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(c) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
5. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(b) Droopy tells him not to.
(c) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(d) He has already shot too many.
6. What are Nyati?
(d) Tsetse flies.
7. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty yards.
(b) Four hundred paces.
(c) Forty paces.
(d) Four hundred yards.
8. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(c) Karl himself.
(d) The skinner.
9. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(b) It is a greater giraffe.
(c) It is an elephant.
(d) It is a rhino.
10. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
11. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt meat.
(b) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(c) He will now hunt the oryx.
(d) He is told to hunt kudu.
12. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he is a fine bird shot.
(b) That he is an awful tracker.
(c) That he loves getting drunk.
(d) That he hates riding in cars.
13. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A Stetson.
(c) A Tyrolese.
(d) He is not wearing a hat.
14. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He removes his clothing.
(b) He takes off his hat.
(c) He retrieves a heavier gun.
15. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) A tophat.
(c) An army beret.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are writers forged?
2. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
3. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
4. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
5. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)