|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(c) No one.
2. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
3. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) A Mannlicher.
(c) He isn't using a gun.
(d) Hemingway's heavy gun.
4. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
5. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Handeni country.
(b) Lake Manyara.
(c) Mount Kenya.
(d) The Rift Valley.
6. What color is an old buffalo bull?
7. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a calf rhino.
(b) There is no horn.
(c) The horn is too small.
(d) It is a cow rhino.
8. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) There is a loose fan belt.
(b) The engine has a timing knock.
(c) The fuel pump is faulty.
(d) A leaking radiator.
9. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not drink.
(b) He is a wine connoisseur.
(c) He smokes only occasionally.
(d) He does not smoke.
10. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) The sound of its bellow.
(b) The bull makes no sound.
(c) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
(d) Confidence in his shooting ability.
11. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
(a) It was too dark to reach the Rhino in time for a shot.
(b) There were too many Rhino to aim at.
(c) The path to the Rhino was too wet and slippery.
(d) A herd of buffalo was blocking their path.
12. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
(b) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(c) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(d) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
13. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is an elephant.
(b) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(c) It is a rhino.
(d) It is a greater giraffe.
14. Where are writers forged?
(a) In the blacksmith.
(b) In university.
(c) In injustice.
(d) At the library.
15. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Wanderobo.
(b) The Abdullah.
(c) The M'Cola.
(d) The Bwana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
2. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
4. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
5. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)