|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
2. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A sticking knife.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A skinning knife.
4. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
(a) It was a very long shot.
(b) Hemingway is a bad shot.
(c) The rhino was too fast.
(d) He think's that Mama made the shot.
5. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
6. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
(a) The path to the Rhino was too wet and slippery.
(b) A herd of buffalo was blocking their path.
(c) It was too dark to reach the Rhino in time for a shot.
(d) There were too many Rhino to aim at.
7. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(b) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
8. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(b) The local guide.
9. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
(b) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
(c) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(d) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
10. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
11. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the age.
(b) It is twice the size.
(c) It is half the age.
(d) It is half the size.
12. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(b) Karl himself.
(c) The skinner.
13. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) The fuel pump is faulty.
(b) The engine has a timing knock.
(c) A leaking radiator.
(d) There is a loose fan belt.
14. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
15. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) George A. Buckingham.
(d) Heinrich Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
2. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
3. What color is an old buffalo bull?
4. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
5. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)