|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) There is a loose fan belt.
(b) A leaking radiator.
(c) The engine has a timing knock.
(d) The fuel pump is faulty.
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
5. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) There is no horn.
(b) It is a cow rhino.
(c) It is a calf rhino.
(d) The horn is too small.
6. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Being in the Prado.
(b) That he has been very lucky.
(c) Doing nothing for other people.
(d) When he thinks of other people.
7. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(b) George A. Buckingham.
8. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The East Indians.
(b) The natives.
(c) American women.
(d) The Aga Khan.
9. Where are writers forged?
(a) At the library.
(b) In injustice.
(c) In the blacksmith.
(d) In university.
10. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
11. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(b) Heinrich Mann.
12. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(c) The Memsahib.
13. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Lake Manyara.
(b) Handeni country.
(c) The Rift Valley.
(d) Mount Kenya.
14. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(b) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(c) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
15. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(b) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(c) He can smell where they are.
(d) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
3. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
4. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
5. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)