|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
(a) Hemingway's four-seventy.
(b) Mama's Mannlicher.
(c) Pop's Mannlicher.
(d) Pop's four-fifty two.
2. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(a) Sinclair Lewis.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
3. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) Mama following them from behind.
(d) A branch falling suddenly.
4. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To welcome nearby hunters.
(b) To kill the tsetse flies.
(c) To attract the rhino.
(d) To scare off leopards.
5. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(b) His glasses fogging up.
(c) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(d) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
6. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A pistol.
7. What are Nyati?
(b) Tsetse flies.
8. Where are writers forged?
(a) In university.
(b) At the library.
(c) In injustice.
(d) In the blacksmith.
9. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a greater giraffe.
(b) It is an elephant.
(c) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(d) It is a rhino.
10. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be noisy.
(b) It would be relatively quiet.
(c) He would hit the target.
(d) Reloading it would be quick.
11. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
(a) A wolfhound.
(b) A little terrier.
(c) A greyhound.
(d) A hyena.
12. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(b) No one.
13. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(a) A Catholic priest.
14. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The last round.
(b) The second one.
(c) No drink at all.
(d) The first one.
15. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
2. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
3. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
5. Who wrote The Cornet?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)