|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The centre of its chest.
(b) In between its eyes.
(c) The base of its skull.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
2. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) A Mannlicher.
(c) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(d) He isn't using a gun.
3. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A rhino charging them from behind.
(b) A branch falling suddenly.
(c) Mama following them from behind.
(d) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
4. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(c) Heinrich Mann.
5. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) It would be relatively quiet.
(b) Reloading it would be quick.
(c) He would hit the target.
(d) It would be noisy.
6. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) An army beret.
(c) A tophat.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
7. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
(b) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(c) The rhino barks really loudly.
(d) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
8. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(b) He has already shot too many.
(c) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(d) Droopy tells him not to.
9. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty yards.
(b) Forty paces.
(c) Four hundred yards.
(d) Four hundred paces.
10. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Abdullah.
(b) The Bwana.
(c) The Wanderobo.
(d) The M'Cola.
11. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(b) They carry it between them on a sling.
(c) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
12. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
(a) The rhino was too fast.
(b) He think's that Mama made the shot.
(c) Hemingway is a bad shot.
(d) It was a very long shot.
13. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt meat.
(b) He will now hunt the oryx.
(c) He is told to hunt kudu.
(d) He is told to hunt kongoni.
14. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
15. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(b) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
(c) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(d) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
2. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
3. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
4. What was the local guide chased by?
5. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)