|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(a) The Memsahib.
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) A tophat.
(c) An army beret.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
3. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
4. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(b) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(c) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(d) They don't like how much he is gloating.
5. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
6. Who wrote The Cornet?
(b) Heinrich Mann.
(c) Joachim Ringelnatz.
7. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are very shy.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are very fast.
(d) They are well camouflaged.
8. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is Swahili.
(b) He is South African.
(c) He is Austrian.
(d) He is bloody English.
9. Where are writers forged?
(a) In the blacksmith.
(b) In university.
(c) In injustice.
(d) At the library.
10. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
11. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) Sinclair Lewis.
12. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) The scent of their skin.
(b) The sound made by their shooting.
(c) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(d) Their tracks along the tunnel.
13. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
(a) Old rhino.
(b) A wounded buffalo.
(c) Elephant manure.
(d) Baboon droppings.
14. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
15. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their feet off.
(b) Cut their wings off.
(c) Cut their beaks off.
(d) Cut their heads off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
2. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
3. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
4. What was the local guide chased by?
5. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)