|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
(a) Mama's Mannlicher.
(b) Hemingway's four-seventy.
(c) Pop's four-fifty two.
(d) Pop's Mannlicher.
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) From rolling in the mud.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) The rhinos are angry.
(d) The color of the dusk sun.
4. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A kudu bull.
(b) A wildebeest.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) An oryx.
5. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The M'Cola.
(b) The Bwana.
(c) The Abdullah.
(d) The Wanderobo.
6. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Four hundred paces.
(b) Forty paces.
(c) Four hundred yards.
(d) Forty yards.
7. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The Aga Khan.
(b) American women.
(c) The East Indians.
(d) The natives.
8. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a guinea.
(b) Eating a hyena.
(c) Eating a guinea.
(d) Shooting a hyena.
9. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The center of its shoulder.
(b) The base of its skull.
(c) In between its eyes.
(d) The centre of its chest.
10. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he is an awful tracker.
(b) That he hates riding in cars.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he loves getting drunk.
11. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Lake Manyara.
(c) Handeni country.
(d) The Rift Valley.
12. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A civil war.
(b) A religious war.
(c) A world war.
(d) A gang war.
13. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(a) No one.
14. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(b) Pop and Hemingway.
(c) Himself and Charo.
(d) Hemingway and himself.
15. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(b) He has already shot too many.
(c) Droopy tells him not to.
(d) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
2. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
3. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
4. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
5. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)