|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(b) The Colonel.
(d) The Sargeant.
2. Why are the elephant down south so big?
(a) Food is more plentiful.
(b) They are too hard to hunt.
(c) Only big elephants migrate there.
(d) The region is an elephant sanctuary.
3. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
(b) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(c) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(d) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
4. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) Fear that he will not find kudu.
(c) A wet salt lick.
(d) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
5. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) An army beret.
(b) A Swahili hunting cap.
(c) A Tyrolese hat.
(d) A tophat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first kudu bull that Hemingway kills smell like?
2. What is a panga?
3. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
4. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
5. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)