|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they send Karl down to sable country?
(a) He is the first to shoot a kudu.
(b) The hunting party find him annoying.
(c) His kudu is ugly.
(d) There are no kudu left.
2. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The limestone outcropping.
(b) The camel flies.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The famine.
3. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Females have stripes.
(b) They are different colors.
(c) Only the male has horns.
(d) The male is a lot larger.
4. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A lock of red-stained hair.
(b) A feathered spear.
(c) A leather pouch filled with water.
(d) A white rabbit.
5. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(b) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(c) They are too short in the toe.
(d) They are made of soft hide that tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
2. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
3. What impresses the Masai women the most at the party?
4. Who is the only one who is not considered a hunter?
5. What is the single thing that lasts?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)