|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item of Hemingway's clothing does M'cola take?
(a) White khaki shorts.
(b) A quail-shooting coat.
(c) His stetson hat.
(d) A corduroy sleeveless jacket.
2. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
(a) A lock of red-stained hair.
(b) A feathered spear.
(c) A leather pouch filled with water.
(d) A white rabbit.
3. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Handeni country.
(b) Lake Manyara.
(c) Mount Kenya.
(d) The Rift Valley.
4. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(b) For shooting practice.
(c) The meat is far more delicious.
(d) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
5. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty paces.
(b) Forty yards.
(c) Four hundred yards.
(d) Four hundred paces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
2. What is the single thing that lasts?
3. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
4. What drink is the finest one there is?
5. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)