|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway instruct Kamau to drive faster?
(a) He enjoys the thrill of riding in a fast car.
(b) They are rushed and out of time.
(c) To save the Masai from humiliation.
(d) He is annoyed by the presence of the Masai.
2. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
(a) Sells them to the highest bidder.
(b) Gives them to their wealthiest friends.
(c) Gives them to the local charity.
(d) Trades them for supplies.
3. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
(d) The Memsahib.
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
5. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(b) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(c) Light coming from their torchlight.
(d) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
2. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
3. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
4. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
5. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)