|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
2. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
(a) He is scared of getting his clothes dirty.
(b) The Wanderobo thinks it is silly for him to go.
(c) Hemingway tells him to.
(d) The Roman asks him to look after the camp.
3. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(b) He has already shot too many.
(c) Droopy tells him not to.
(d) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
4. Whose gun can Droopy not shoot?
(a) Hemingway's four-seventy.
(b) Mama's Mannlicher.
(c) Pop's Mannlicher.
(d) Pop's four-fifty two.
5. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(b) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(c) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
(d) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
2. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
3. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
4. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
5. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)