|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denotes extreme emotion in the Masai handshake?
(a) The pulling of the middle finger.
(b) The pulling of the index finger.
(c) The pulling of the thumb.
(d) The pulling of the pinkie finger.
2. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
(a) Half a million hippo splashing in the water.
(b) Flamingos rising at the sound of shooting.
(c) Teal startled by the hunters.
(d) The setting of the afternoon sun.
3. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has never been written.
(b) A prose that has been written too many times.
(c) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(d) A prose that has never been read.
4. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The Sargeant.
5. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A well-inflated dog.
(b) A history student.
(d) A garbage picker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
2. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
3. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
4. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
5. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)