|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(c) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(d) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
2. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(b) The sound made by their shooting.
(c) The scent of their skin.
(d) Their tracks along the tunnel.
3. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
(a) A revolution.
(b) Smoking a cuban cigar.
(c) A French riot.
(d) Marriage to a Turkish wife.
4. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
(a) A wounded buffalo.
(b) Old rhino.
(c) Elephant manure.
(d) Baboon droppings.
5. What are they travelling away from?
(a) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(b) The famine.
(c) The heat.
(d) The rains from the south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. What drink is the finest one there is?
4. The gerenuk are similar to what insect?
5. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)