|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(b) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(c) A marvellous leopard.
(d) A huge lion.
2. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He is a wine connoisseur.
(b) He does not smoke.
(c) He does not drink.
(d) He smokes only occasionally.
3. What is a Shamba?
(a) It is a disease.
(b) A plantation.
(c) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(d) A person who raises a sisal.
4. What color is an old buffalo bull?
5. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
(a) An orchard bush.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A Tyrolese hat.
(d) Spears decorated with feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
2. What is a Tembo?
3. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
4. Who wrote The Cornet?
5. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)