|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(b) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
(c) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(d) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(a) It is his life's joy.
(b) It is like a second wife.
(c) She is the apple of his eye.
(d) She is too much trouble.
3. Who is the tragedian of the party?
(c) Abdullah the tracker.
4. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
(a) He does not drink.
(b) He does not smoke.
(c) He smokes only occasionally.
(d) He is a wine connoisseur.
5. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(c) Harold Lloyd..
(d) Abbot and Costello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
2. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
3. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
4. Which town is like a German garrison?
5. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)