|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) The fuel pump is faulty.
(b) The engine has a timing knock.
(c) A leaking radiator.
(d) There is a loose fan belt.
2. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
3. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A rhino charging them from behind.
(b) Mama following them from behind.
(c) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
(d) A branch falling suddenly.
4. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A history student.
(b) A garbage picker.
(c) A well-inflated dog.
5. What is the first animal they see in this country?
(a) Herds of Kudu cows.
(b) A flock of guinea fowl.
(c) A group of Grant's gazelles.
(d) Poor looking zebra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
2. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
3. What are the finest birds to eat?
4. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
5. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)