|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
(b) The bull makes no sound.
(c) Confidence in his shooting ability.
(d) The sound of its bellow.
2. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A skinning knife.
(d) A sticking knife.
3. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
(b) A Catholic priest.
4. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The camel flies.
(b) The famine.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The limestone outcropping.
5. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Mannlicher.
(b) A Springfield.
(c) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(d) He isn't using a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
2. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
3. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
4. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
5. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)