|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A skinning knife.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A sticking knife.
2. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) A nearby simba.
(b) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
3. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
4. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(b) A marvellous leopard.
(c) A huge lion.
(d) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
5. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the age.
(b) It is half the size.
(c) It is twice the size.
(d) It is half the age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
2. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
3. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
4. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
5. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)