|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Sinclair Lewis.
2. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The center of its shoulder.
(b) In between its eyes.
(c) The base of its skull.
(d) The centre of its chest.
3. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) When he thinks of other people.
(b) Doing nothing for other people.
(c) Being in the Prado.
(d) That he has been very lucky.
4. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) For shooting practice.
(b) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(c) The meat is far more delicious.
(d) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
5. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he hates riding in cars.
(b) That he is a fine bird shot.
(c) That he is an awful tracker.
(d) That he loves getting drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. What is the issue they have with Karl's first kudu bull?
3. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
4. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
5. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)