|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(d) Heinrich Mann.
2. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He can smell where they are.
(b) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(c) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(d) He shoots into the grass randomly.
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(d) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
5. What makes the nasty stink in the forest?
(a) A wounded buffalo.
(b) Old rhino.
(c) Elephant manure.
(d) Baboon droppings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
2. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
3. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
4. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
5. What scares Hemingway sick?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)