|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(b) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
2. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
3. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Mannlicher.
(b) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(c) A Springfield.
(d) He isn't using a gun.
4. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(d) The shot missed.
5. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
2. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
3. What does Hemingway's tribe do with oryx horns?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)