|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A little terrier.
(c) A wolfhound.
(d) A greyhound.
2. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) He has already shot too many.
(b) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(c) Droopy tells him not to.
(d) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
3. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has been written too many times.
(b) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(c) A prose that has never been written.
(d) A prose that has never been read.
4. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(b) The Sargeant.
(d) The Colonel.
5. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He retrieves a heavier gun.
(b) He removes his clothing.
(d) He takes off his hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
2. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
3. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
4. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
5. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)