|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(b) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
2. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(b) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(c) A huge lion.
(d) A marvellous leopard.
3. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty yards.
(b) Four hundred yards.
(c) Forty paces.
(d) Four hundred paces.
4. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
(a) A nearby simba.
(b) Rival hunters taking all the game.
(c) The lack of kudu bull.
(d) Almost getting run over by a waterbuck.
5. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
(a) An eland.
(b) A kongoni.
(c) An oryx.
(d) A zebra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Shamba?
2. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
3. Which town is like a German garrison?
4. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
5. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)