|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
(a) There were too many Rhino to aim at.
(b) A herd of buffalo was blocking their path.
(c) It was too dark to reach the Rhino in time for a shot.
(d) The path to the Rhino was too wet and slippery.
2. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is his mother's birthday.
(b) It is the last safe date to leave.
(c) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(d) No hunting is allowed after that date.
3. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(b) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(c) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(d) His glasses fogging up.
4. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) The motor-lorry.
(b) The coming of the dusk.
(c) Their car waiting down the road.
(d) A lesser kudu bull.
5. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
(a) An orchard bush.
(b) A Tyrolese hat.
(c) Spears decorated with feathers.
(d) An umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
2. Where are writers forged?
3. Where was the last time they had ducks?
4. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
5. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)