|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
(a) The skinner.
(c) Karl himself.
2. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A skinning knife.
(c) A sticking knife.
(d) A pen knife.
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) From rolling in the mud.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) The rhinos are angry.
(d) The color of the dusk sun.
4. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A branch falling suddenly.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
(d) Mama following them from behind.
5. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) The rhino barks really loudly.
(b) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
(c) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(d) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Shamba?
2. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
3. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
4. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
5. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)