|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To welcome nearby hunters.
(b) To scare off leopards.
(c) To kill the tsetse flies.
(d) To attract the rhino.
2. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) A lesser kudu bull.
(b) The motor-lorry.
(c) The coming of the dusk.
(d) Their car waiting down the road.
3. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A kudu bull.
(b) An oryx.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A wildebeest.
4. What noise spooks the hunting party as they search for the wounded buffalo?
(a) A branch falling suddenly.
(b) A rhino charging them from behind.
(c) The wounded buffalo crashing through the high grass.
(d) Mama following them from behind.
5. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a hyena.
(b) Eating a hyena.
(c) Eating a guinea.
(d) Shooting a guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
2. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
3. What color is an old buffalo bull?
4. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
5. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)