|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
2. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(b) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(c) Quivers of arrows.
(d) Draped white cloth.
3. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(c) The shot missed.
4. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(a) The P.O.M.
5. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(b) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(c) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(d) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
2. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
3. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
4. What color is an old buffalo bull?
5. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)