|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) They see its horn above the grass.
(b) They hear its grunt.
(c) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(d) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
2. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is Swahili.
(b) He is bloody English.
(c) He is South African.
(d) He is Austrian.
3. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Being in the Prado.
(b) That he has been very lucky.
(c) When he thinks of other people.
(d) Doing nothing for other people.
4. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their feet off.
(c) Cut their heads off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
5. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The natives.
(b) American women.
(c) The East Indians.
(d) The Aga Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Cornet?
2. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
3. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
4. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
5. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)