|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he loves getting drunk.
(b) That he is an awful tracker.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he hates riding in cars.
2. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(b) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(c) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(d) Tick birds flying from the spot.
3. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) The engine has a timing knock.
(b) There is a loose fan belt.
(c) A leaking radiator.
(d) The fuel pump is faulty.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) That he has been very lucky.
(b) Doing nothing for other people.
(c) When he thinks of other people.
(d) Being in the Prado.
5. What are they travelling away from?
(a) The heat.
(b) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(c) The rains from the south.
(d) The famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are a Kudu Bull's tracks?
2. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
3. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
4. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
5. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)