|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To attract the rhino.
(b) To welcome nearby hunters.
(c) To scare off leopards.
(d) To kill the tsetse flies.
2. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he loves getting drunk.
(b) That he hates riding in cars.
(c) That he is a fine bird shot.
(d) That he is an awful tracker.
3. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(a) The P.O.M.
4. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
(b) The shot missed.
5. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is twice the age.
(c) It is half the size.
(d) It is half the age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
2. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
3. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
4. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
5. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)