|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The base of its skull.
(b) The center of its shoulder.
(c) The centre of its chest.
(d) In between its eyes.
2. Who does everyone believe shot the first Lion?
3. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
4. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(b) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(c) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
5. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(b) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(c) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(d) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
2. Why does the rhino appear so red?
3. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
4. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
5. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)