|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is an old buffalo bull?
2. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has never been read.
(b) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(c) A prose that has been written too many times.
(d) A prose that has never been written.
3. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(b) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
4. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Tyrolese hat.
(b) A Swahili hunting cap.
(c) A tophat.
(d) An army beret.
5. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) He would hit the target.
(b) It would be noisy.
(c) It would be relatively quiet.
(d) Reloading it would be quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
2. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
3. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
4. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
5. Why does the rhino appear so red?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)