|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their feet off.
(c) Cut their heads off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
2. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is the last safe date to leave.
(b) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(c) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(d) It is his mother's birthday.
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) A trail of blood on the high grass.
4. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a lesser kudu bull.
(b) It is an elephant.
(c) It is a greater giraffe.
(d) It is a rhino.
5. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(b) A prose that has been written too many times.
(c) A prose that has never been written.
(d) A prose that has never been read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
2. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
3. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
4. Who does Kandisky look like a caricature of?
5. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)