|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their feet off.
(b) Cut their heads off.
(c) Cut their beaks off.
(d) Cut their wings off.
2. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They carry it between them on a sling.
(b) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(c) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
3. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Mannlicher.
(b) Hemingway's heavy gun.
(c) He isn't using a gun.
(d) A Springfield.
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(b) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(c) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(d) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
5. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) The motor-lorry.
(b) The coming of the dusk.
(c) Their car waiting down the road.
(d) A lesser kudu bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
3. Where are writers forged?
4. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
5. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)