|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) They hear its grunt.
(b) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(c) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
(d) They see its horn above the grass.
2. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rifle.
3. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their heads off.
(b) Cut their feet off.
(c) Cut their wings off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
4. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) The color of the dusk sun.
(b) From rolling in the mud.
(c) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(d) The rhinos are angry.
5. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is his mother's birthday.
(b) No hunting is allowed after that date.
(c) It is the last safe date to leave.
(d) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
2. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
3. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
4. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
5. What are they travelling away from?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)