|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
(a) A Springfield.
(b) He isn't using a gun.
(c) A Mannlicher.
(d) Hemingway's heavy gun.
2. What is a Shamba?
(a) A plantation.
(b) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(c) A person who raises a sisal.
(d) It is a disease.
3. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(d) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
4. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(c) Draped white cloth.
(d) Quivers of arrows.
5. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(b) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(c) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(d) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
2. What are Nyati?
3. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)