|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
(a) It is his life's joy.
(b) She is too much trouble.
(c) It is like a second wife.
(d) She is the apple of his eye.
2. Where are writers forged?
(a) In university.
(b) In the blacksmith.
(c) In injustice.
(d) At the library.
3. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(b) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) They are too short in the toe.
4. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their wings off.
(b) Cut their heads off.
(c) Cut their feet off.
(d) Cut their beaks off.
5. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) Their car waiting down the road.
(b) The motor-lorry.
(c) A lesser kudu bull.
(d) The coming of the dusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
3. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)