|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The centre of its chest.
(b) The center of its shoulder.
(c) In between its eyes.
(d) The base of its skull.
2. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a calf rhino.
(b) It is a cow rhino.
(c) There is no horn.
(d) The horn is too small.
3. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
(a) The Sargeant.
(b) The Colonel.
4. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(b) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) They are too short in the toe.
5. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their beaks off.
(b) Cut their wings off.
(c) Cut their heads off.
(d) Cut their feet off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the local guide chased by?
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
3. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
4. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
5. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)